Su-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Actually, the information was quoted from a Mirage-2000-5F pilot.... that was there. Something you were not.

StealthSniper

Actually, the information was quoted from a Mirage-2000-5F pilot.... that was there. Something you were not.

Yeah he is really going to say that the French aircraft is inferior to the Russian aircraft (considering we are going to upgrade our Mirage 2000). I am pretty sure if our Sukhoi pilot offered his input he would say the Sukhoi was better than the French fighters. You might be able to fool some people Armand, but not me, I know how these large corporations work and how they try to "portray" their aircraft when it's in a international competition. Unless you can get unbiased, neutral information from a reputable source, NOBODY knows how these aircraft perform except the French Airforce and the Indian Airforce. And the Indian Airforce will do their adjustments accordingly to what is operationally required.

By the way, the article you posted is poorly written and maybe they should teach proper editing in France.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Yeah he is really going to say that the French aircraft is inferior to the Russian aircraft (considering we are going to upgrade our Mirage 2000). I am pretty sure if our Sukhoi pilot offered his input he would say the Sukhoi was better than the French fighters. You might be able to fool some people Armand, but not me, I know how these large corporations work and how they try to "portray" their aircraft when it's in a international competition. Unless you can get unbiased, neutral information from a reputable source, NOBODY knows how these aircraft perform except the French Airforce and the Indian Airforce. And the Indian Airforce will do their adjustments accordingly to what is operationally required.
He is going to say what happened. We came out on top in everything... IAF pilots won by learning a good lesson. MKI lost by failing to perform.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
He is going to say what happened. We came out on top in everything... IAF pilots won by learning a good lesson. MKI lost by failing to perform.
There was only a passing comment of "everything went in our favor". It doesn't say much unless more details are given. As in how many Su-30MKIs face how many mirages/rafales and in what formations etc. Unless, such fine details come out there is nothing to believe in that report which is more of a trumpet for France air force rather than a neutral observer report.

StealthSniper

If that's the case, why did we buy 42 more MKI. Why didn't we just buy the fast tracked Rafale that is offered to us. I'll tell you why, because the Sukhoi has a huge range, huge payload capacity, powerful engines, and is infinitely upgradable with the help of Israel, India and Russia.

I know you made it your mission to promote French products and try to make us think that it's superior to the competition but I look at the current situation and the Indian Airforce and the pilots love the Su-30 and it's only going to get better.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
There was only a passing comment of "everything went in our favor". It doesn't say much unless more details are given. As in how many Su-30MKIs face how many mirages/rafales and in what formations etc. Unless, such fine details come out there is nothing to believe in that report which is more of a trumpet for France air force rather than a neutral observer report.
It says what he said... it also said the M2000 was able to defeat it despite its powerful radar. Those are the words of the pilot who was there. You want to call him a liar?

If you have something contradicting those results, feel free to post it. I don't see India claiming any victories like they usually do.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
It says what he said... it also said the M2000 was able to defeat it despite its powerful radar. Those are the words of the pilot who was there. You want to call him a liar?

If you have something contradicting those results, feel free to post it. I don't see India claiming any victories like they usually do.
Let me quote you a paragraph where the French pilots were quoted and they only talk about disadvantage of Su-30MKI being larger and heavier and that the French have to seize the moment within first minute otherwise...It says that Su-30 is very agile and highly maneuverable. Anyways, the English written is somewhat weird and it is difficult sometimes as to what the Journalist was conveying. Anyways, French didn't claim any victories either.

Although the primary objective of the exercises was to develop team action within them were also carried out training of air combat . As expected, the advantage of "dry "proved their strength and agility, although the Indian pilots and not resort to the use of vector thrust . Despite its overwhelming superiority in a climb (300 meters per second) and speed ( Mach 2.3 at 11,000 meters), the Su- 30MKI suffers greatly from its large mass (39 tons ), which is more than 1,5 tons by Rafale and the weight exceeds 2.2 tonnes Mirage 2000C. In fact, in the melee Mirage is a little more than "leaping " , but in any case, as they say the French pilots ' advantage should be seized already in the first minute . "

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Let me quote you a paragraph where the French pilots were quoted and they only talk about disadvantage of Su-30MKI being larger and heavier and that the French have to seize the moment within first minute otherwise...It says that Su-30 is very agile and highly maneuverable. Anyways, the English written is somewhat weird and it is difficult sometimes as to what the Journalist was conveying. Anyways, French didn't claim any victories either.
Let me quote you the paragraph I am speaking of...

It was with that ( of course simulated ) weapons have had to deal the French pilots who opposed him Mica EM / IR (Mirage 2000 -5F and Rafale F3), Super 530D and Magic 2 (Mirage 2000RDI). And in general they believe that everything went in our favor . Of course , recognizes the pilot Mirage 2000 -5F, their powerful radar allowed them before we learn about the situation in the sky , but we proved radar is not everything.
Everything went in our favour... period.

luckyy

Let me quote you a paragraph where the French pilots were quoted and they only talk about disadvantage of Su-30MKI being larger and heavier and that the French have to seize the moment within first minute otherwise[...It says that Su-30 is very agile and highly maneuverable. Anyways, the English written is somewhat weird and it is difficult sometimes as to what the Journalist was conveying. Anyways, French didn't claim any victories either.
coz MNI is large so it can be detected from a distance.......so , this is only reffered to early moment advantage by french.....and once you closein.//....then the big OTHERWISE comes...

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
coz MNI is large so it can be detected from a distance.......so , this is only reffered to early moment advantage by french.....and once you closein.//....then the big OTHERWISE comes...
There is no otherwise, it says Su-30 is so big and cumbersome, it is expected to gain the advantage in the first minute. Mirage-2000 can leap all over it.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Let me quote you the paragraph I am speaking of...

Everything went in our favour... period.
Everything went in favor means nothing if there were no kills. The pilots also say that Bars radar see the rafales first and then they say radar means nothing. I don't understand what they mean?. As I said without knowing what kind of tactics and formations used to fight each other arguing about this useless. French can have their imaginary victory.

pankaj nema

Country flag
ARMAND has a deep rooted HATRED AND PREJUDICE towards the Su 30 MKI

All I would say to ARMAND is that SU 30 MKI was chosen IN PREFERENCE OVER Mirage 2000-5 by IAF
There fore it is the most powerful plane in IAF.

Su 30 is a massive plane with a massive radar .When the Bars radar is used in training mode in the exercices it is equivalent to a soldier fighting with ONE HAND .

So at best, your Mirage and Rafale scored only a NOTIONAL victory

StealthSniper

For all we know the MKI could have dominated at Garuda but the IAF is a professional airforce and we wouldn't brag about it. I find it funny that they mention the Su-30 as "big and cumbersome". I guess they forgot that next to the F-22 the Su-30 is the most maneuverable dogfighter in the world. Nothing can touch it's maneuverability in a dogfight.

Here's a video to remind people how awesome and beautiful the Su-30 is:

Last edited by a moderator:

luckyy

coz MKI is large so it can be detected from a distance.......so , this is only reffered to early moment advantage by french.....and once you closein.//....then the big OTHERWISE comes...

There is no otherwise, it says Su-30 is so big and cumbersome, it is expected to gain the advantage in the first minute. Mirage-2000 can leap all over it.

it's not me but a french pilot say this " otherwise"///

French pilots were quoted and they only talk about disadvantage of Su-30MKI being larger and heavier and that the French have to seize the moment within first minute otherwise[..

Last edited:

arps

Lets move to 2010, Garuda IV showed MKI could not handle Rafale and Mirage-2000-5 "even with her powerful radar."
Sir..common sense..If MKI used radar in training mode in USA..do u think MKI used it otherwise in France??

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Sir..common sense..If MKI used radar in training mode in USA..do u think MKI used it otherwise in France??
India don't trust US, France never sanctioned them. From what has been told, they very well did. Full use of BVR missiles and the M2000 pilot who even made reference to fighting against its "powerful radar." If it was in training mode, missiles would have been limited to Archer, not R-77 and M2000 pilots wouldn't be seeing a powerful radar.

black eagle

Country flag
just wanted to know what is the look down range of N011M bars fitted on the MKI & how does it compare with other contemporary radar systems fitted on rafale, typhoon, F-18 etc?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
just wanted to know what is the look down range of N011M bars fitted on the MKI & how does it compare with other contemporary radar systems fitted on rafale, typhoon, F-18 etc?
Usually the look down range is 20-30% less than look-up range (unscientific observation). N011M bars of MKI has tracking range of 200km. And RBE2 AESA on Rafale has 120km tracking range for 3m2 target, tracking of range of APG-79 on F-18 is similar to Bars radar on MKI and there is not much reliable information on tracking range og Captor-M radar on Eurofighter.

Avionics Magazine :: Serious Squall
Bars radar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AN/APG-73 Radar System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles