Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
How much complex are these guns
already covered it in my previous posts,sir
please refer to these quoted posts
tl dr ans is, yay i like this gun but it does have limitations of its own,
notably, since the gas ports are in middle part than kinda far away in front, it bleeds off excessive gases on shooter's face and also heats up handguards to some extent (this was 'specially observed-criticised by the russians in Ratnik trials), and of course the said complexity of the system - but it's still relatively simpler-gradual complexity than some of the modern designs for eg that front ejecting Desert Tech MDR and its ejection port thingy etc in my opinion

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Man why do we even engage these woke hypocrite germans. When SIG has a great product lineup like the Virtus
View attachment 187876
Barrett has the Direct Impingement REC-7
View attachment 187878
and so does LWRC
View attachment 187880
because,
>SIG is part german, their roots are in Schleswig-Holstein
>We already burned hands with Beretta when we got dem MX4 storm
>LWRC is american and damn expensive

and SIG MCX line was in competition in that german tender but due to some disagreements they pulled out of that

Lonewarrior

Country flag
If by "we" you meant German Ministry of Defence; then it was specifically mentioned that the next assault rifle should be completely indigenous. So much that not a single TDP should be imported. That's why only German firms, H&K and Haenel participated in it.

And if by "we" you mean us, then no, we don't engage them. Except for those few MP5s that we imported for NSGs and SWATs we never reached them. And this too happened because at that time any SWAT type force, be it GSG-9 or SAS was synonymous with MP5.
Mehanga
SIG 716i that we got retails for approx 1.4k. That for Virtus (albeit in 5.56) is 2k.
Mehanga
Retails for almost 1.7k.
Mehanga and also they can't handle a big military contract.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles