Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shiphone

Country flag
QQ截图20211104204050.jpg

oh...actually the so called DMR version was first revealed member of the NG rifle family in the early image rumors.

it was official revealed on Airshow China 2021 as QBU-191...it also can function as LMG/Squad automatic weapon although there is a pure 'LMG/Squad automatic weapon' existing.

here we go.

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
View attachment 117441

oh...actually the so called DMR version was first revealed member of the NG rifle family in the early image rumors.

it was official revealed on Airshow China 2021 as QBU-191.
here we go.
He's doing brain farts here,
'no purpose built DMR in PLA that's equivalent to M14' ? then what about Norinco Type 79 or Type 85 (i.e. locally made version of SVD),
1636031194011.png

still in service there, now some newer ones also are upgraded with rails and stuff, given new designation also that goes by Norinco CS/LR-18 or NSG-85
1636031635564.png

1636032021623.png
1636032028229.png

rest they alread QBU-88 for DMR role, an offshot of QBZ line of rifles, this one's in 5.8x42mm though
1636030646508.png

and in 7.62 NATO they have Norinco CS/LR-4 sniper rifle
1636032154201.png

kuchh bhi bol raha hain yeh gora, trying to slander choyneez small arms i think.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
He's doing brain farts here,
'no purpose built DMR in PLA that's equivalent to M14' ? then what about Norinco Type 79 or Type 85 (i.e. locally made version of SVD),
View attachment 117455
still in service there, now some newer ones also are upgraded with rails and stuff, given new designation also that goes by Norinco CS/LR-18 or NSG-85
View attachment 117459
View attachment 117462View attachment 117463

rest they alread QBU-88 for DMR role, an offshot of QBZ line of rifles, this one's in 5.8x42mm though
View attachment 117446
and in 7.62 NATO they have Norinco CS/LR-4 sniper rifle
View attachment 117464

kuchh bhi bol raha hain yeh gora, trying to slander choyneez small arms i think.
You should watch his video on the ak12 its just full of inaccuracies

shiphone

Country flag
all those has been the history... by this chance , let's have a look at the new sniper rifles that have been officially accepted by PLA Army/Ground Force and the NEW infantry small weapon family if you r interested....lol

these were official revealed in first half of this year with such a big surprise coz PLAGF just approved all these new models not long ago.

5.8mm DMR -----------replacing the QBU-88
7.62mm Sniper Rifle(NATO) -----------replacing the CS/LR-4 7.62mm and CS/LR-3 5.8mm (interim models)
8.6mm Sniper Rifle---------new caliber
12.7mm Sniper Rifle----- pure Sniper rifle and the predecessor QBU-10 12.7mm is a simi-Auto anti-material Rifle

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
let him be, they are doing exactly what grabs them bucks, i.e. targetting local american gunslinging audience,
rest guys who are genuinely interested in firearms would pick up better sources than these ones...
The youtuber named cabbage has a terrific video detailing all about the new chinese qbz191 I had posted it before its a fantastic video to see

shiphone

Country flag
the BIGGER surprise came when this session of Zhuhai Airshow opened...the South Group unusually brought all these very new types for exhibition! and they were open to the professional audience and media for experience...lol

then there are loads of details images of these new small arms..

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I generally have good respect for chinese small arms programs,
we can say lots of stuff in them was plain copies or what not but fuck them kopyrights already they are completely aatmanirbhar (self-reliant) in whatever they do and meanwhile they have rapidly started getting on par with the westerners in this field too.

Twinblade

Country flag
@Johny_Baba it seems pakis are going to select the mpt76 as their service rifle.their are news of production of 1 lakh units by POF .the pakis are in talk with a south african firm too
Munh se mungfali toot nahi rahi, g@nd se akhrot todenge:laugh:

Pakis would do well to just weld rails on top of G3. It's far easier to modernise G3 than Fn Fal.

Twinblade

Country flag
Sig Sauer wale toh saalo se peeche pade the bhai,
read old chats with Sig Sauer CEO wife or such search terms,
pura bribery waalaa ghotaalaa maarne aaye the jab hum multi cal rifle waalaa tendar nikaale the
I remember this. The indian agent for SiG got caught in some other ghotala, SiG did not participate in the multi cal tender. Back then San Swiss arms was the dominant company.

Twinblade

Country flag

SSS Defence's own test facility to come up by January 2022.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
BTW does the PLA use MMGs? After having watched all quite a few videos I don't remember seeing any (they always show either the rifle or their .50 cal HMG, or their grenade launcher).
Though PLA uses (don't know why) HMGs in MMG role, they definitely have a huge inventory of 7.62mm MGs.

TBH, monitoring Chinese weapons is a huge PITA. Be it their anti-aircraft system or machine gun.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Munh se mungfali toot nahi rahi, g@nd se akhrot todenge:laugh:

Pakis would do well to just weld rails on top of G3. It's far easier to modernise G3 than Fn Fal.
They did have a pogrom to upgrade G-3s with rails and stuff but seems it was either sidelined or dropped in favour of new maal,
mainly receiver given a picatiny rail on top, new handguards with 3-6-9 positioned picatiny rails and a muzzle brake (😒 this is to them who were going REEEEEEEE MUZZLE BRAKE IS ABSOLUTELY HARAM MUH MUZZLE FLASH GONNA GIVE AWAY POSITION IN NIGHT...even a long term 7.62 NATO battle rifle user considered it once to give a muzzle brake to compensate some recoil huh)
1636202267366.png

1636202457336.png

but it seems this program wasn't pushed ahead much in favour of new maal or whatever, though if pursused it would have been the simplest solution to give a major capability boost to their G-3 rifles since porkie army still uses many first generation G-3 with wooden furniture on them...and this upgrade just requires affixing a rail on top via rivets i assume, easily doable at basic machining unit, and replacement of previous handguards with new one that is just a swap-on style upgrade.

I remember this. The indian agent for SiG got caught in some other ghotala, SiG did not participate in the multi cal tender. Back then San Swiss arms was the dominant company.
Yes exactly this!
After this fuckup SIG backed off from multical tender but another Ghotaalaebaaz did everything to reach to the finals that was Beretta...i mean remember that taklu dalla of Beretta who was able to secure order of thousands of MX-4 for CRPF...virtually a gun that nobody would have expected to win here and that also gave lots of headache afterwards in running local made ammo and what not...
and this ARX-160 multical rifle of theirs somehow reached to finals, due to kripa of Antonia Mata italy waali 😒 back in UPA-2 gormint i was almost certain about win of ARX-160 that i even shown pics of it to certain friends and told them INSAS ki jagah lene yeh italy ka rifle aaega but then 2014 happened and....this never happened

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
View attachment 117728
Standard issue Indian ammo on the right , standard issue Chinese ammo on the left .
Indian ammo is 7.62 ×39 and Chinese one is 5.8 × 42
even choyneez ammo has gone through lots of revisions since its induction, i think their new QBZ-191 is going to be issued with further new version of 5.8x42mm that said to have improved ballistic performance than previous one and so,

and then they also have "Heavy" and "High-Precision" variants of same for machine guns and DMRs chambered for same respectively.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles