Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
And people were questioning why SOG needed 7.62x51 rifles.these lunatics are armed highly from afghan small arms so there PC protection is just military grade this ruger 57 was introduced only in 2019 and still it made it to here LOL

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Time our forces adopt to 5.56x30mm Pistol,
as JVPC already is making ingress in units and a potential contender for Sterling 'carbine' replacement
What changes would you like to see in the existing JVPC? IMO they should adopt an ASMI like Aluminium Handguard and get rid of the fixed sights and use BUIS like ASMI. Also change the grip as I’ve heard from others that users find it uncomfortable.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
What changes would you like to see in the existing JVPC? IMO they should adopt an ASMI like Aluminium Handguard and get rid of the fixed sights and use BUIS like ASMI. Also change the grip as I’ve heard from others that users find it uncomfortable.
And make it bit compact.

Compared to MP7; which's exactly same as JVPC in terms of operation, it looks too big.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Buttstock, first and foremost,

my TG fren, first hand user of current JVPC, also a DFIan, complained about it being finicky and so,

rest what you mentioned...

Lonewarrior

Country flag
P90s is big too i dont think form factor is a issue here
P90 is big for its own reasons.
- Among all the PDWs, it's most comfortable to shoot. But to achieve that, it's has a really big and wide buttstock.
- It has a 50 round magazine; again the biggest among all PDW.
- And lastly, rounds are not arranged parallel to the barrel. They are perpendicular. So that also increases the width.

Definitely not an issue, but will be a pro
531ce0c41aa17565f793b4a6fbbb34ee--airsoft-guns-sweet.jpg

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
7.62x51=devils pill, 7.62x39=survivable. I want the drugs this dude is doing.🥴
Oh Bhai, mujhe maaf karo, aur in cave logic walo ko dhoond ke ped se baandho. Matlab kuch bhi.
Ye ammo Wale logic bande k drugs cheeno b isse, jyada hi solution soongh liya h is bande n.
Ye upar wale logic ko padh k eyes m phenyl daalna pda.😆

Last edited:

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
And make it bit compact.

Compared to MP7; which's exactly same as JVPC in terms of operation, it looks too big.
JVPC was made for carbine roles and never was intended as a pdw. It has 12 inch barrel compared to 7 inch mp7 barrel, pretty big difference.
IMO, a new cleanshit design would be needed for a minsas round based pdw. But we won't see it coz forces won't ask for it rather import such weapons and hence no one would make it.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
JVPC was made for carbine roles and never was intended as a pdw. It has 12 inch barrel compared to 7 inch mp7 barrel, pretty big difference.
Well that's how quantum leap works in Indian defence industry; it goes backwards.

- It's 2021, we still don't have a short stroke piston gun.
- As of now we haven't designed a single belt-fed gun.
- ...A pistol...