Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
- "7.62x51mm is a bad choice compared to 7.62x39mm. Terrorist don't wear BPJs!. This round will cause over-penetration."

- "Why buying 9mm!? We already have 5.56x30mm SCHV round! Perfect for penetrating the BPJs of terrorists."

- "Why buying 100 different type of weapon platforms!? This will cause huge logistical challenge!"

- "Why buying the same rifle that army is using and the same SMG NSG is using!?"

Whitecollar

Country flag
AK203 which we are getting is the same as original one except the Stock
And? What's better in AK 203 that isn't in AK 103(please talk in terms of firing mechanism, moa accuracy, target reacquisition, barrel heat withstanding, extreme condition functionality torture test, recoil control or anything that comes close to these)

SGOperative

Country flag
And? What's better in AK 203 that isn't in AK 103(please talk in terms of firing mechanism, moa accuracy, target reacquisition, barrel heat withstanding, extreme condition functionality torture test, recoil control or anything that comes close to these)
More PRs, Better Muzzle Brake

Whitecollar

Country flag
- "7.62x51mm is a bad choice compared to 7.62x39mm. Terrorist don't wear BPJs!. This round will cause over-penetration."

- "Why buying 9mm!? We already have 5.56x30mm SCHV round! Perfect for penetrating the BPJs of terrorists."
"I was thinking about chopping down that good ol 50 cal AWM's barrel, removing that pesky scope and modifying entire rifle's internals to fire it in S-SA-A mode. Makes more sense seeing a craterlike hole in terrorist's body while the flying chunk falls inside neighbor's soup bowl...should make me sleep better at night"

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Please elaborate and share your intellectual knowledge Good Sir 🙏🥺
Top cover attached to receiver, giving repeatable zero on top rail. Radical innovation in AK design.

Extended dust cover, allowing operator to change mode of firing without taking gun off target.

Better handguard. Better magazine. Decent compensator/muzzle brake as well.

This AK is better than all AKs in our country, like it or not. Just adjustable stock would have been better than folding stock.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
"I was thinking about chopping down that good ol 50 cal AWM's barrel, removing that pesky scope and modifying entire rifle's internals to fire it in S-SA-A mode. Makes more sense seeing a craterlike hole in terrorist's body while the flying chunk falls inside neighbor's soup bowl...should make me sleep better at night"
You missed the most crucial part of this utterly intricate and quite delicious soup of yours.

A hollow point .50 BMG.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Naaa, none of these hi-fi technical jargons.
The answer's pretty simple; cost.

In AK-103 you'll need additional kits from FAB or CAA or SSS.
Why!? I don't know, but it's exactly what army is currently doing, so I said.
And these kits will add cost.

But in case of AK-203 or to be more precise; AK-103M, you won't need such kits.

Whitecollar

Country flag
Naaa, none of these hi-fi technical jargons.
The answer's pretty simple; cost.

In AK-103 you'll need additional kits from FAB or CAA or SSS.
Why!? I don't know, but it's exactly what army is currently doing, so I said.
And these kits will add cost.

But in case of AK-203 or to be more precise; AK-103M, you won't need such kits.
Screenshot_20220105-204018_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220105-204332_Chrome.jpg

So add best quality pic rail top cover worth 200$ and muzzle brake worth 50$ total 250$ i.e 19-20k for these enhancements on a TAR. I remember it being offered at 45k per piece. It still comes to 60k at max against 80+ k per piece of a 203.

Anyways...no point to discuss this as AK 203 is a reality. Mujhe maaf karo 🙏

Whitecollar

Country flag
Top cover attached to receiver, giving repeatable zero on top rail. Radical innovation in AK design.

Extended dust cover, allowing operator to change mode of firing without taking gun off target.

Better handguard. Better magazine. Decent compensator/muzzle brake as well.

This AK is better than all AKs in our country, like it or not. Just adjustable stock would have been better than folding stock.
images (14) (9).jpeg

You're right sir...203 perhaps is best AK available for us...

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
View attachment 129845

You're right sir...203 perhaps is best AK available for us...
IDK if you're trying to be sarcastic, because that stock has some jerry rigged up frankenstien setup, folding stock adapter on folding stock. No extended cover either, no epeatable zero- check the button on the top plate, towards rear. traditional ak. Negates point of having rails on top.

IG good enough for police in non violent areas? Those wont really need fancy sights, if any.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
View attachment 129842

View attachment 129844

So add best quality pic rail top cover worth 200$ and muzzle brake worth 50$ total 250$ i.e 19-20k for these enhancements on a TAR. I remember it being offered at 45k per piece. It still comes to 60k at max against 80+ k per piece of a 203.

Anyways...no point to discuss this as AK 203 is a reality. Mujhe maaf karo 🙏
That top cover is useless. Just putting a rail on something wont make the rail useful. Top cover will rattle in reciever, Optice will aim in new direction after every shot.

AK 203 is NEW design, thats why rail on top can have optics. Top cover is fixed to receiver on one end with rivet, on other end with rotating lever style pin. So Solid connection on both ends.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Also, you edited post afterwards, makes people look like dumbos.

Firing mech-none
barrel heat-none
extreme condition-none
recoil control-none

Target aquisition and MOA accuracy- Everything in the world. AK 103 has rail on handguard only, meaning that you cant put decent scopes. At max you can have red dot, any magnifying sight that much eye relief is useless. Even russians used side rails on recievers for scopes.

Whitecollar

Country flag
That top cover is useless. Just putting a rail on something wont make the rail useful. Top cover will rattle in reciever, Optice will aim in new direction after every shot.

AK 203 is NEW design, thats why rail on top can have optics. Top cover is fixed to receiver on one end with rivet, on other end with rotating lever style pin. So Solid connection on both ends.
DaeysCaVMAAUD0I.jpg

Oops 🤐

images (14) (10).jpeg

Imagine adjusting his 4x scope mounted on useless top rail after every shot taken...big oof

Whitecollar

Country flag
As we did Chit Chats...PM's cavalcade was almost attacked by Punjabi protestors. Punjab Police was nowhere to be found and it was upto SPG dudes to ensure protection(that too for 30+ mins over open road).

Now I'm sure some person at MoD will suggest to arm SPG with Sig 716 too...