Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
May be I'm just shitposting. Or may be I'm hallucinating. But anyways...

IMG_20211231_234820.jpg

- There is no lug in front; so it can't be a nose-in rock-back magazine.
- The curvature seems substantially less than those of 7.62x39mm AK mags.
- And it also seems slightly more than those of 5.56x45mm STANAG mags.

What is heck is this??

पथ प्रदर्शन करें @Johny_Baba

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
May be I'm just shitposting. Or may be I'm hallucinating. But anyways...

View attachment 128741

- There is no lug in front; so it can't be a nose-in rock-back magazine.
- The curvature seems substantially less than those of 7.62x39mm AK mags.
- And it also seems slightly more than those of 5.56x45mm STANAG mags.

What is heck is this??

पथ प्रदर्शन करें @Johny_Baba
MCIWS//AAR magzine ? (probably for 7.62x39mm variant ?)
What's the context behind this pic ?
1640975347754.png

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
This is the context

Are these in serial production!!
Well would have to ask them but it seems so,
also notice there is another such mag there, seems for 5.56x45mm//6.8x43mm one for MCIWS//AAR
1640977353887.png

What's interesting about both these clear and black magazines for MCIWS//AAR is,
do they have locking knotch on both sides ?
or at least on right side if not on left side, like STANAG pattern magazines but on other side ?

That's interesting choice these ARDE guys made here, like,
are they paranoid about magazines falling out of the rifle like it did when amreeki gi s did 'jungle styling' with those early M16s with their 20-rounder mags and so...hence ek se bhale do or something like that,
or they are making it incompatible with other rifles accepting AR pattern magazines...hence swapping side of the locking tab knotch on right side from left one or something like that

previously i made comments that MCIWS//AAR design is STANAG compatible etc, but now it seems it could be STANAG derived magazine system yes but they did make it incompatible with other common STANAG pattern mags with such thing...
besides in either case of double-knotches or right side knotch, they would also have to modify magazine lock on the rifle itself and so, so it's also a thing...
^^in all cases i find it wholly unnecessary though like why trying to reinvent the wheel with such things...
first it was cutouts on magazine wells of MCIWS//AAR with that transparent magazine and then doing things like this...rather just accept common STANAG standard as it is 🤷‍♂️

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Well would have to ask them but it seems so,
also notice there is another such mag there, seems for 5.56x45mm//6.8x43mm one for MCIWS//AAR
View attachment 128752
What's interesting about both these clear and black magazines for MCIWS//AAR is,
do they have locking knotch on both sides ?
or at least on right side if not on left side, like STANAG pattern magazines but on other side ?

That's interesting choice these ARDE guys made here, like,
are they paranoid about magazines falling out of the rifle like it did when amreeki gi s did 'jungle styling' with those early M16s with their 20-rounder mags and so...hence ek se bhale do or something like that,
or they are making it incompatible with other rifles accepting AR pattern magazines...hence swapping side of the locking tab knotch on right side from left one or something like that

previously i made comments that MCIWS//AAR design is STANAG compatible etc, but now it seems it could be STANAG derived magazine system yes but they did make it incompatible with other common STANAG pattern mags with such thing...
besides in either case of double-knotches or right side knotch, they would also have to modify magazine lock on the rifle itself and so, so it's also a thing...
^^in all cases i find it wholly unnecessary though like why trying to reinvent the wheel with such things...
first it was cutouts on magazine wells of MCIWS//AAR with that transparent magazine and then doing things like this...rather just accept common STANAG standard as it is 🤷‍♂️
But, if we look at the rifle itself, then it used a typical STANAG type mag release contraption.

On right hand side, you have a button that pushes the locking tab away from the mag body. Just like all ARs.
DRDO_Multi_Caliber_Rifle_close_view_of_stock.jpg

And on left hand side, there is a lever that pulls the locking tab away from the mag body. Something very similar to Brens.
multi-caliber individual weapon system MCIWS.jpg

And this completely contradicts the locking notch present in both the magazines.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
But, if we look at the rifle itself, then it used a typical STANAG type mag release contraption.

On right hand side, you have a button that pushes the locking tab away from the mag body. Just like all ARs.
View attachment 128755

And on left hand side, there is a lever that pulls the locking tab away from the mag body. Something very similar to Brens.
View attachment 128756

And this completely contradicts the locking notch present in both the magazines.
Yep that's why i am also confused...how are they doing it here,
need personal level inspection with disassembly to get exact idea...

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
View attachment 128720
View attachment 128724
Negev NG7 in service with the Indian Army.

Second pic in second tweet with the Negev with Mepro X4 sight is a representative image.
Iron sights again, medeivel era modernisation.
Collimator sights are becoming cheaper while we’re spending ₹5 lakh per I2 sight which can’t be used during daytime so spend some more on other rifles as well.

SGOperative

Country flag
Iron sights again, medeivel era modernisation.
Collimator sights are becoming cheaper while we’re spending ₹5 lakh per I2 sight which can’t be used during daytime sospend some more on other rifles as well.
We are getting i2 sights for front line guys right? Wont giving them a head mounted solution be a better idea

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles