Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Iron sights again, medeivel era modernisation.
Collimator sights are becoming cheaper while we’re spending ₹5 lakh per I2 sight which can’t be used during daytime so spend some more on other rifles as well.
In less than $1K you'll get a top-of-the-line holographic sight, a decent 6x magnifier and a pivot mount.
Probably the best sight for a machine gun; where you have open non-magnified sight for suppressive fire and 6x reticle for accurate semi-auti shots.

But who's going to tell them

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
1641034154223.jpeg

Where’s the space though for a holographic sight-magnifier combo?
In less than $1K you'll get a top-of-the-line holographic sight, a decent 6x magnifier and a pivot mount.
Probably the best sight for a machine gun; where you have open non-magnified sight for suppressive fire and 6x reticle for accurate semi-auti shots.

But who's going to tell them

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
That's not a holographic sight. It also has integrated laser and it also runs on a big ass AA battery.

There are much more compact sights like EXPS2.
1641035465245.jpeg

Mepro M21 just about fits the rail section of the Negevs.
Dimension of M21
8CA588E3-B815-4673-8D33-7D7AB39FECCA.jpeg

Dimensions of Eotech EXPS2
624ECFDC-19FB-4006-9AB0-C8F3D14197DA.jpeg

Where do you plan on mounting a magnifier?
96F90926-37C5-4411-B739-B777D0B845BB.jpeg

Dimensions of EXPS2 Magnifier Combo.
There just isn’t enough space to properly mount the whole thing and you’d be left within part of the magnifiers small mount with no secure contact with the rail. Hence no one has tried mounting a magnifier combo on this firearm.

Last edited:

Lonewarrior

Country flag
View attachment 128859
Mepro M21 just about fits the rail section of the Negevs.
Dimension of M21View attachment 128861
Dimensions of Eotech EXPS2
View attachment 128863
Where do you plan on mounting a magnifier?
View attachment 128866
Dimensions of EXPS2 Magnifier Combo.
There just isn’t enough space to properly mount the whole thing and you’d be left within part of the magnifiers small mount with no secure contact with the rail. Hence no one has tried mounting a magnifier combo on this firearm.
If....
negev-ng7(1).jpg

....then why not!?

MisraZ

Country flag
I had one question guys do we really need 6x scope on a IWI negev ng7?

It's an area suppression weapon, how accurate would it be? Moreover the machine gunner would be accompanied by riflemen (my assumption) who would be armed with sig716i which is DI Battle rifle w/ free floating barrel ( more suitable as a marksman rifle).

Not to mention sustained vibration induced due to mg firing might damage the 6x optic(assumption: mg would be used in full auto bursts most of the time compared to sig 716 which would be used in semi auto ).

Please provide your views.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

It's an area suppression weapon, how accurate would it be? Moreover the machine gunner would be accompanied by riflemen (my assumption) who would be armed with sig716i which is DI Battle rifle w/ free floating barrel ( more suitable as a marksman rifle).

Not to mention sustained vibration induced due to mg firing might damage the 6x optic(assumption: mg would be used in full auto bursts most of the time compared to sig 716 which would be used in semi auto ).

I want a Tritium powered Mepro Mor fixed on every Negev LMG nothing else.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

I remember a Larry Vickers video on the same
It is pretty accurate I guess
Edit: added the YouThoob link
Yeah but I agree with you tho

Lonewarrior

Country flag

- Flip off the magnifier and you have a large unobstructed sight to engage area targets.
Why holographic? Because as you mentioned, vibration in full auto fire. That only affect when you increase the magnification.

- Flip on the magnifier, select semi-auto mode and take pretty accurate shots. No need to depend on your DMR.
Remember Negev's RPM can be lowered, so with that you can even take accurate shots in small burst.
Moreover, with semi-auto and magnified sights you can conceal the machine gun up until the last moment you need to provide suppressive fire.

Not having a magnifier won't have any negetive effect on Negevs. But having one would take it to its maximum potential.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
EXPS2 with a G45 magnifier should be of almost same length as Mepro x6 scope.

Definitely not a 6x sight, but still very close.
G33 and G45 use the same mount from the factory, unless you’re saying ask them to possibly make an even smaller mount for either one of the 2 optics in the combo or use an aftermarket one if a smaller one is available. Here for a combo, the outright length of the combo doesn’t really matter, but comes down to the length of the mount vs length of the Negev’s rail section.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles