Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
G33 and G45 use the same mount from the factory, unless you’re saying ask them to possibly make an even smaller mount for either one of the 2 optics in the combo or use an aftermarket one if a smaller one is available. Here for a combo, the outright length of the combo doesn’t really matter, but comes down to the length of the mount vs length of the Negev’s rail section.
Length of EXPS2 and G45 combo (with 15mm gap between those) is roughly 200-210mm.
Length of the Mepro x6 is also 200-210mm.
So if you mount these, they neither will they interfere with top cover in front nor will you have any eye-releif issue in the rear.

Now coming to what you mentioned. Yes length of mount can be an issue.
But in EXPS2 the picatinny clamp section is as far behind as possible; the whole battery compartment is floating. And in case of G45, the clamp is as far as possible.

A G45-EXPS3 combo
IMG_20220101_212818.jpg

And this length; "the mounting length" is roughly 120mm.

Last edited:

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
They can, but they aren’t as efficient as day sights in the day and will consume more battery than a day sight, also the possibility of damage is much more as NVDs are sensitive pieces of technology.
Yep. From my understanding, army will make troops use irons in day and night sights at night.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Length of EXPS2 and G45 combo (with 15mm gap between those) is roughly 200-210mm.
Length of the Mepro x6 is also 200-210mm.
So if you mount these, they neither will they interfere with top cover in front nor will you have any eye-releif issue in the rear.

Now coming to what you mentioned. Yes length of mount can be an issue.
But in EXPS2 the picatinny clamp section is as far behind as possible; the whole battery compartment is floating. And in case of G45, the clamp is as far as possible.

A G45-EXPS3 combo
View attachment 128917
And this length; "the mounting length" is roughly 120mm.
Any idea what’s the length of the rail section on the Negev?

ManhattanProject

Country flag
They are having the ToT of G3 since 1965.
Moreover, they were one of the first country to produce G3 after Germany.

In 1958 we had rejected AR-10 and in 1965 they asked for G3's ToT. This is quite heavy of a statement.
I know? and? Thats what i said, they have tot so they are going with roller delayed action. They are being smart by sticking to what they know.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Well it is a roller delayed blowback apparently. I am impressed they have the tot and know what they can make reliably and cheaper. It has all the modern shit. I wish we would go about developing a rifle in this mindset.
I am impressed, they have the tot. i missed the comma.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles