Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Good overview on Russian Ratnik system. Would be great to add Pecheneg LMG to our standard infantry squad.
And further carry on with the complicated ammunition variety in the infantry? Especially when Batlle rifle and MGs of 7.62 NATO exist in great numbers already. They should ideally phase out the 7.62x54r caliber ASAP for the regular infantry. It should only be limited to the armour corps and SF(since they should have greater say if they want the caliber).

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
And further carry on with the complicated ammunition variety in the infantry? Especially when Batlle rifle and MGs of 7.62 NATO exist in great numbers already. They should ideally phase out the 7.62x54r caliber ASAP for the regular infantry. It should only be limited to the armour corps and SF(since they should have greater say if they want the caliber).
I still can’t get over this buffoonery of 3 infantry calibers, 7.62x51, 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 pure BS.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Add 7.62x54r to this list since Dragunov SVD is the marksman rifle for the infantry. It should be done away with ASAP in the regular infa to reduce a bit of the complications
It should be 7.62x51 and 5.56x45/7.62x39 only, but 4 calibre buffonery is some masterstroke MoD is touting.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
It should be 7.62x51 and 5.56x45/7.62x39 only, but 4 calibre buffonery is some masterstroke MoD is touting.
Or perhaps some body forming the gsqr or whatever it means fucked up badly.
Its like ki if they can't get a multical rifle, they will induct 2 to 3 types of rifles.
Thus taking this concept to a whole new level of ridiculousness

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Good overview on Russian Ratnik system. Would be great to add Pecheneg LMG to our standard infantry squad.
i like PK too but well 7.62x54mm well...
Arsenal of Bulgaria does make a 7.62 NATO version of PK, and since OFB Trichy is doing their best to create 'in-house developed' kalashnikov rifles that 'resembles AKs offered by Arsenal' AND AT SAME TIME ALSO HAPPEN TO MANUFACTURE PKT (i.e. vehicle-mounted variant of PKM) they should try to tinker around with this concept of 7.62 NATO GPMG variant of PK yada yada

Last edited:

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
i like PK too but well 7.62x54mm wel...
Arsenal of Bulgaria does make a 7.62 NATO version of PK, and since OFB Trichy is doing their best to create 'in-house developed' kalashnikov rifles that 'resembles AKs offered by Arsenal' AND AT SAME TIME ALSO HAPPEN TO MANUFACTURE PKT (i.e. vehicle-mounted variant of PKM) they should try to tinker around with this concept of 7.62 NATO GPMG variant of PK yada yada
Do we currently use any equivalent weapon.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Gawddd I love this YouTube channel
Please check out his videos on Russian Helmets, also the tank crew kit, he also tests out some authentic Russian Helmets and armour plates
Unlike the other Clickbait Shits who slap on a Russian flag on a PASGT helmet they got at a garage sale and calling it Russian, some dude also did a ballistic test on an "Indian army helmet" never beleive those Clickbait fkkers

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Negev NG-7, in near future, yes

but dat is 'stop-gap' solution for that so boasted LMG tender here and yada yada

I won't say a stop gap .... Total req was 34-35 k around , have bought half of it.

For the rest either OFB is able to provide a similar copy/solution or we decide to use Aks with drum mag as LMG or we will repeat the order which is most likely case.

JBH22

Well the ammo logistics has been discussed umpteen times on this forum. What MOD does no one can understand and rationally explain it.
Ideally it would be to settle for either NATO 7.62 or Russian 7.62 but armed forces want both. Now who am I to say otherwise 🤣
It's just like their requirements keep changing for Arjun tank or dhanush

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
So another thing I noticed, our “plate carrier” is also Russian doctrine. Infact it’s the same with colour scheme different, do we have something original?
1630783564916.png
1630783615958.png

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Dont hound me , but the photos of the plate carriers which falcon slayer posted, who manufactures these type of plate carriers ij india .
That armsen tactical ?
Every random store near military Cantonments or installations sells those tactical vests. The plate carrier worn underneath is usually made by the unit tailor or tailors outside.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
i like PK too but well 7.62x54mm well...
We should have considered it a lot earlier. PK was absolutely the best in its class until Mk48 and Negev-7 came. Instead of 30 round brens/insas lmgs much lighter Bulgarian PKs makes sense.Putting a collapsoile stock and rails are not that much issue.

another_armchair

Country flag
We should have considered it a lot earlier. PK was absolutely the best in its class until Mk48 and Negev-7 came. Instead of 30 round brens/insas lmgs much lighter Bulgarian PKs makes sense.Putting a collapsoile stock and rails are not that much issue.
The Negev takes standard magazines too. That makes it a very handy and versatile platform while on the move.

Is it as hardy as the PK?

Hard to tell but someone who has trained on the PK swears by it because once the PK starts firing, the opposition ducks for cover and its bullet can travel far, quite far.

Articles