Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whitecollar

Country flag
OFB is an organization which is more comfortable with license production, than designing anything new. The production timelines are never met, and the quality of production is quite absymal. The workers have formed unions which are backed by communists which have been the route cause of their absymal productivity.
Only way hence was privatization as Modi can't roam around and smack sense in every Tom, Dick n Harry of DPSUs. But my approach was little different. I want to know why OFB is not realizing the export potential of their guns? If IA rejects them, is that the end of the line?? You know that POF sells their MP5 clones in US? Apparently, they've made JV with few local firearms companies over there...

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Only way hence was privatization as Modi can't roam around and smack sense in every Tom, Dick n Harry of DPSUs. But my approach was little different. I want to know why OFB is not realizing the export potential of their guns? If IA rejects them, is that the end of the line?? You know that POF sells their MP5 clones in US? Apparently, they've made JV with few local firearms companies over there...
Simple they don't care , that's it .
Ofb is not a psu , they get everything they want .
Now tell me , who will look for QC when , one will get his / her income plus the feeling of patriotism is just that feeling .
I mean, ofb guys don't feel patriotism raging through their veins , do they ?
To supply weapons to military is their job , they do it .
It may be lousy ,they do it though .
It would be better if armed forces are asked to send their men to these people to oversee QC , so that atleast army walas can correct this system of negligance .

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
OFB is an organization which is more comfortable with license production, than designing anything new. The production timelines are never met, and the quality of production is quite absymal. The workers have formed unions which are backed by communists which have been the route cause of their absymal productivity.
Exactly , ofb employees have a major part in facilitating weapons to Naxalite .
After all , you are asking commies to build weapons for you .

Whitecollar

Country flag
Sig MCX is also an amazing weapon that we can eye on!!
Interestingly, the MCX is a multi caliber rifle with options of 556 or 300 Blackout. Maybe IA could convince SIG to engineer the system so that it is compatible for 7.62X39mm instead of 7.62X35mm(300 blackout).
Whole need for an AK-203 will be eliminated as our troops can use both 7.62 and 5.56 NATO on a single weapon.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Interestingly, the MCX is a multi caliber rifle with options of 556 or 300 Blackout. Maybe IA could convince SIG to engineer the system so that it is compatible for 7.62X39mm instead of 7.62X35mm(300 blackout).
Whole need for an AK-203 will be eliminated as our troops can use both 7.62 and 5.56 NATO on a single weapon.
But its really expensive for 1 MCX you could buy 2 ak203!!

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
If a 7.62x39mm AR pattern rifle is something IA would like to induct then why go reinvent the wheel way with SIG MCX when tonnes of such rifles are available in market, for e.g. CMMG MK47 'Mutant'

1613297413392.png

I mean yeah MCX has folding buttstock and short stoke gas piston system etc due to the internal dual-recoil spring system that eliminates need of recoil buffer system of common AR rifles but overall getting a rifle that feeds from available magazines would be a great advantage over starting over with a new gun.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
M885A1 round should be manufactured and be made standard 5.56 NATO cartidge instead of the traditional M193 Ball round.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
RFI has been issued to colt also but I don't think they will participate due to their financial concerns.SSS def and astr def also should be given a chance.IWI arad only available in 14.5 barell length same as the m4.IWI may not putx95 or ace as both have not won the past two attempts.and RFI is simpler this time so may go fast if thinking optimally.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
RFI has been issued to colt also but I don't think they will participate due to their financial concerns.SSS def and astr def also should be given a chance.IWI arad only available in 14.5 barell length same as the m4.IWI may not putx95 or ace as both have not won the past two attempts.and RFI is simpler this time so may go fast if thinking optimally.
Does anyone have soft copy of RFI? Image?

Whitecollar

Country flag
Heard that its one page only.
Cause they indirectly want to purchase Caracal 816. Most entries are offering expensive carbines. This may have been intensionally done by IA so that Caracal emerges victorious. Case closed.
JVPC trials was just an eyewash for us Aatma Nirbhar fanboys, we should've known better...

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Cause they indirectly want to purchase Caracal 816. Most entries are offering expensive carbines. This may have been intensionally done by IA so that Caracal emerges victorious. Case closed.
JVPC trials was just an eyewash for us Aatma Nirbhar fanboys, we should've known better...
JVPC is different thing, JVPC is a PDW not a Carbine. A Carbine has a 14.5” Barrel while JVPC has around 12” barrel.

Killbot

Country flag
Exactly and it's specs also match that of IA's recent RFI. As for it's ergo, I would've preferred a Vityaz style Safety selector switch and a better AK 203 style Pistol grip cause it would be easy muscle memory for our soldiers.
Anyways I think this is being done to re order Caracal 816 as previous order got washed away because of Aatma Nirbhar drive.
Which is good.

Killbot

Country flag
JVPC was a failed project. Its caliber is may be useful at piercing low rated soft armour, but is useless. It doesn't have the velocity required to fragment in soft tissue like the 5.56 NATO, or the geometry to yaw and fuck up tissue like the 5.45mm 7n6. Which means it will leave a small hole in the enemy, that most likely won't kill.

It also uses the long stroke piston. Bad choice for an SMG. Its essentially an Insas in a Uzi frame. Recoil will be high, it'll be loud, etc. And the position of the charging handle sucks. The rails are too small. Can't mount too many accessories. That's all I could get off the top of my head.

Long story short, the JVPC design sucks, and the gun useless beyond the VIP protection role, where you may need to conceal it, or pierce armour at short distances. But for killing terrorists or pork soldiers with armour on, or chinks or defending Tank crews, it is a vary, very bad choice.

CAR-816 is also better than OFB carbines. (The baby TAR, ARDE Sig-553 copy carbine and Ishapore's short barrel INSAS 1C.)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles