Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
We also have our own MP5 copy called Anamika from OFB. It was developed as a result of H&K not exporting MP5s after 26/11. After a gap of few years, they restarted exporting.
Hence no interest from Army, CAPFs or SPFs.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
We also have our own MP5 copy called Anamika from OFB. It was developed as a result of H&K not exporting MP5s after 26/11. After a gap of few years, they restarted exporting.
Hence no interest from Army, CAPFs or SPFs.
H&K didn't stop after 26/11
I think they cited "human rights abuses" in J&K much later than 2008, or was it FN I don't remember exactly

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
H&K didn't stop after 26/11
I think they cited "human rights abuses" in J&K much later than 2008, or was it FN I don't remember exactly
The NSG had asked for the MP5 submachine gun in 2009, a year after the government promised to provide the new guns in 2008. An initial order of 3,350 guns through the Union home ministry by way of Proprietary Article Certificate in 2010. But as soon as the NSG demand reached the home ministry, it wrote to several state police forces and other central para-military forces seeking their requisition for MP5 gun. In the process, the order swelled to 30,000 units but only after delaying the process by over two years since the home ministry finally issued the Proprietary Article Certificate to H&K in July 2011. Another reason for the delay was budget constraints of various state governments.

Germany and Austria then refused to give export licences to their weapon manufacturers wanting to sell to certain Indian states which they believe have a poor human rights record. States on the blacklist include Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Manipur, Orissa and Jammu and Kashmir. These states had been rebuffed for several years now. Andhra Pradesh, for instance, waited two years before moving on to other buyers.

Germany's Heckler and Koch makes the MP-5 submachine gun and Austria's Glock makes the eponymous pistol. Efforts to acquire these firearms gathered steam after the 26/11 attacks which exposed the weaknesses of police forces in combating heavily armed terrorists. Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi raised the issue of the boycott at a recent meeting of chief ministers. Modi was unhappy with the home ministry circular advising these states to import weapons from Russia, the US and Italy.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
BEL and beretta has signed a MoU to produce carbines in India!!

Flying Dagger

Country flag
β€˜If these are not under consideration by the armed forces then why are talking about these. It is pure marketing.
They do buy them in small numbers , plus what's wrong if they are marketing They are part of global supply chain too for Galil Ace.

Killbot

Country flag
(((Inspired))) by Sig 550 series. 35 years after the original. Why do people even give a second look to kalashnikov nowadays?? They still want to stick with the vanilla long stroke piston AK as general Kalashnikov envisaged it. They add a few features here and there, but no there are always better, and cheaper, alternatives.

Whitecollar

Country flag
IA issued new RFI for 93,000 carbine procurements!!
Sirs, is no one bothered by the fact that recently JVPC trial was completed by the Army and now after having 4 Indeginous carbine options(namely Amogh, JVPC, Baby TAR, CQB carbine), IA hasn't named a single Indian firm, let alone OFB, in the RFI??

Killbot

Country flag
Sirs, is no one bothered by the fact that recently JVPC trial was completed by the Army and now after having 4 Indeginous carbine options(namely Amogh, JVPC, Baby TAR, CQB carbine), IA hasn't named a single Indian firm, let alone OFB, in the RFI??
JVPC is useless trash because of the caliber. CQB carbine is a copy of SIG SG540 series from the '90s. Good, but not as good as I'd like. Baby TAR is just an AK and is only available in 7.62mm. Amogh is the shittiest design OFB could come up with and the caliber is useless.

Want me to go on?

Whitecollar

Country flag
JVPC is useless trash because of the caliber. CQB carbine is a copy of SIG SG540 series from the '90s. Good, but not as good as I'd like. Baby TAR is just an AK and is only available in 7.62mm. Amogh is the shittiest design OFB could come up with and the caliber is useless.

Want me to go on?
Maybe Sir I would like you to explain in depth about the 5.56X30mm fiasco as ballistics as on paper should do a pretty decent damage. Plus wound channel should be similar to a 5.56X45mm but being smaller, the tumbling should be higher post entry wound leading to a good overall organ damage, if not higher penetration due to less fps. The AP property was also shown by Sandip sir on YT(idk whether it was really an impact after shooting from 100mtr distance).
As far as Amogh is concerned, it may be a shitty design but it is being actively used in small nos by MARCOS. They sir atleast, won't choose anything that's unreliable or "useless trash". What is your opinion??

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
You forgot the recently showcased Ishapore carbine, which seems to be based on Insas MK1C which cleared trials.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles