Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorcerer

Country flag
Internal security is surely being upgraded but that’s not the issue. Fact is the source for almost all of India’s security challenges exists outside of its borders so an internal clean up will only ever have limited value.

Realistically India just isn’t doing enough to strangle Pakistan.
Suspected IED found near Navi Mumbai school
PTI | Updated: Jun 17, 2019, 21:29 IST
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...r-navi-mumbai-school/articleshow/69828928.cms

This....is why INTERNAL CLEANUP is necessary!

vampyrbladez

Country flag
There is NO defending this govt for their failures to implement reforms in procurement and how glacial modernisation hasn’t moved under them.

BUT I think you need to see this in a different light.

Indian leadership isn’t clueless about the realities nor are they cold heartedly psychopaths that care not when a jawan loses their life- I’d say the majority of the NDA and even INC leadership are genuinely anguished by this.

HOWEVER I do think Indian leadership has resigned itself to this reality and chosen to take the lesser of two evils as they see it- absorb these hits every now and then whilst allowing the economy to grow. They don’t want to get into a shooting war, they don’t want to destabilise the region/world and they don’t want to focus on defence- all things that would take away from the growth agenda.

Like it or not that is the reality and I can understand the logic but my own opinion is this deal with the devil will only get India so far and there will be a reckoning for it.
Some changing is happening albeit slowly. That 'jugaad' armored Stallion saved lives today. However unless our MiC comes up and fast, we will have some drainage in terms of capability acquisition.

Turkey has pissed off US and Russia wants to squeeze them for $$$. Time is ripe for promotion of perivate industry to fill up the gap.

abingdonboy

Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag
Some changing is happening albeit slowly. That 'jugaad' armored Stallion saved lives today. However unless our MiC comes up and fast, we will have some drainage in terms of capability acquisition.

Turkey has pissed off US and Russia wants to squeeze them for $$$. Time is ripe for promotion of perivate industry to fill up the gap.
1) I 100% agree under this govt upgrades can be seen on the ground- IMO financial powers for local commanders have been increased and hence why you see pretty much every open top gypsy in JK being converted with armoured plates Andrew other things.
2) don’t tell me the products don’t exist in india. All major CV makers in India have world class armoured vehicles on offer to the armed forces. IA playing typical games and living in la la land.

sorcerer

Country flag
If they were taking this seriously you’d see local/state police being upgraded to at least 21st century standards but instead they remain 100s of years behind.
Sure..and you will never know about the INTEL CAPACITY upgrades that has happened for the past few years.
Upgrade the int. gathering..as a priority..thats what is logical..Investment priority I mean...thats a costly affair..a very costly affair

Well!! we do mock the umricans in Middle east failing with all the awesome gears but bad int taking them whole sale

abingdonboy

Country flag
Sure..and you will never know about the INTEL CAPACITY upgrades that has happened for the past few years.
Upgrade the int. gathering..as a priority..thats what is logical..Investment priority I mean...thats a costly affair..a very costly affair

Well!! we do mock the umricans in Middle east failing with all the awesome gears but bad int taking them whole sale
No doubt about it Indian intel capabilities are up there with the very very best- i would say in the same league as Israel and Russia (US in a league all of it’s own), Europeans far behind.

But in terms of first responders and investigators on the ground India is pathetically outdated and now where near.

sorcerer

Country flag
1) I 100% agree under this govt upgrades can be seen on the ground- IMO financial powers for local commanders have been increased and hence why you see pretty much every open top gypsy in JK being converted with armoured plates Andrew other things.
2) don’t tell me the products don’t exist in india. All major CV makers in India have world class armoured vehicles on offer to the armed forces. IA playing typical games and living in la la land.
A lot of POLICY CHANGE Is in effect and unfortunately in a democracy it has its own hurdles to run.
all policy was tuned to BENEFIT 10 JANPATH by the FAMILY..
now there is a policy shift which even the DEPARTMENTS are ALLOWED to CERTIFY ITEMS.

With a lots of checks and balances and REASONING in bureaucracy with the SC even indulging like an activist..some of these "behavior" takes a bit of time to reorient..
It will surely happen..
let things run its course..
sit tight...then we party!

sorcerer

Country flag
No doubt about it Indian intel capabilities are up there with the very very best- i would say in the same league as Israel and Russia (US in a league all of it’s own), Europeans far behind.

But in terms of first responders and investigators on the ground India is pathetically outdated and now where near.
I had this discussion with a state Top Cop once.about arming cops with high tech tools..
his question to me was
"WHY DO YOU THINK ITS NECESSARY TO ARM A COP TO TEETH WHEN HE IS MANNING 99% UNARMED CIVILIANS at any given point of time...WE DONT HAVE GUN CULTURE LIKE AMERICA"

His reasoning seem very logical...and for the contingencies there is always special forces and right now them boys are very special with upgrades

Everything is NEED of the HOUR based.

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
Ofcourse we can't afford war right now but atleast keep borders simmering. Paki is only short of cash and spares, not inbred Abduls.

Shooting couple of paki jets won't cause war but will stretch their resources beyond sustainable by crippled paki economy.

Paki navy is shit, we have to bleed paki airforce dry and burden paki army with all responsibilities.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
I had this discussion with a state Top Cop once.about arming cops with high tech tools..
his question to me was
"WHY DO YOU THINK ITS NECESSARY TO ARM A COP TO TEETH WHEN HE IS MANNING 99% UNARMED CIVILIANS at any given point of time...WE DONT HAVE GUN CULTURE LIKE AMERICA"

His reasoning seem very logical...and for the contingencies there is always special forces and right now them boys are very special with upgrades

Everything is NEED of the HOUR based.
Who said anything about arming the cops to the teeth?

Just giving them basic equipment like collapsible batons, personal radios, stab-proof vests, pepper spray, handcuffs and body-cameras is enough. It will make every officer a force multiplier

Giving every policeman a crappy uniform and a lathi isn’t exactly cutting edge.

Did you see the pathetic spectacle of 10+ police men in Delhi unable to subdue a single Sikh with a Kirpan?

sorcerer

Country flag

Just giving them basic equipment like collapsible batons, personal radios, stab-proof vests, pepper spray, handcuffs and body-cameras is enough. It will make every officer a force multiplier

Did you see the pathetic spectacle of 10+ police men in Delhi unable to subdue a single Sikh with a Kirpan?
Yeah I did see that video.
Body camera..is one thing..That would solve a great deal of issues.,,May be the bottle neck here is the IT Infrastructure to support it to actually make the feeds USABLE.
Lets see if them is already doing something on the IT INFRASTRUCTURE to support the feeds and for real time forensics. Lets say we are looking at a hugeeee amount of video feed per police station.
Such will be on priority anyway I guess

Well!! the discussion we had with the cops was for arming them cops with STUN GUNS and that was the response we got.
I suppose already some things are on the move about modernizing the police force.
Lets see.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

A kirpan is a real weapon. Unfortunately our cops are only armed with a lathi..

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yeah I did see that video.
Body camera..is one thing..That would solve a great deal of issues.,,May be the bottle neck here is the IT Infrastructure to support it to actually make the feeds USABLE.
Lets see if them is already doing something on the IT INFRASTRUCTURE to support the feeds and for real time forensics. Lets say we are looking at a hugeeee amount of video feed per police station.
Such will be on priority anyway I guess

Well!! the discussion we had with the cops was for arming them cops with STUN GUNS and that was the response we got.
I suppose already some things are on the move about modernizing the police force.
Lets see.
Bro almost all police body work cameras aren’t offline- they don’t stream a continuous feed to a central source but record onto a overwriteable hard drive. They are mostly for evidence collection and oversight purposes- basically function as a flight date recorder. Record for a finite period and are then overridden after a set amount of time.

These would be very useful to protecting police from malicious allegations and to stomp out on duty graft and little infrastructure would be needed (other than to charge and maintain them).

Pretty simple solution that’s could have huge ramifications for policing in India.

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag

#Update on the #Pulwama terror attack: Indian Army driver of the vehicle who was critical has succumbed despite all efforts to save him, as per sources. In total 19 were injured in the IED blast out of which three were brought in as critical. Investigation continues.

We lost a braveheart. Om Shantih!!!

pankaj nema

Country flag
The Driver's Compartment has No Armoured Protection

In the last One week , terrorists have become Active Again

Compersion

Country flag
I was reading it somewhere that the Pakis when they "attacked" on February 27 that our Army Chief was the target. That he was nearby and it was pre-determined and with intent.

Background (not source):

On 27 February, Pakistani military officials announced that Pakistan had carried out an airstrike against multiple targets in Jammu and Kashmir. A military spokesman claimed that the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) was able to lock onto Indian military installations, but opted to drop weapons into open areas instead, "to avoid human loss and collateral damage." Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan said that the airstrikes only aimed to "send a message" and appealed for negotiations to avoid a full-blown war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India–Pakistan_border_skirmishes_(2019)#Retaliatory_airstrikes,_capture_and_release_of_pilot

If it is being said and even hinted that our Army Chief was within and in the area of the targets where the weapons were delivered and it was to "send a message".

This highly provocative and dangerous message that Pakis threatened the Republic of Bharat by targeting (if not) the highest Army official that is a post of importance within the constitutional structure and any threat and gesture on this is extremely disturbing and highly inflammatory, and confrontational. The role of the armed forces and its doctrine is clear within and outside the republic and its sovereignty and stability. The security of the armed forces chiefs (and other positions and roles of importance) is extremely high. The failure of the pakis attacks is evident.

The question is not if the above is true and false.

The question is the Pakis are openly saying that they can threaten and target the Army chief after a terrorist attack and response by Bharat. A strike on terrorists after a disturbing event. The suggestions and the reason for the decision is extremely dangerous by the pakis. To target the army chief after a strike on terrorists after a disturbing event

Being a nuclear weapon area (pakis) , even a normal and reasoned area of people - declaring such indicators and propositions is highly dangerous that needs desisting.

To openly threaten and declare in writing and openly with pride and such ease they can candidly target a top senior post of extreme importance of the republic of india structure needs to be responded accordingly.

The pakis are saying openly they are targeting senior armed forces officials. The pakis psyche is moving more towards attempted murder and also attempts at position of high importance. The damage and loss of lives is not of concern but of the prestige and stature as well as stability at the and of the structure of the republic.

The pakis are saying openly they are not doing anything wrong.

Bharat needs to make it clear and present what such thoughts and even imaginations can do. The damage to Pakis must be immediate and they must never ever think of such a thing ever again.

* Note: Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear Installations and Facilities (its role is not prohibition - primary).

** Bharat has openly declared that it does not have a policy on political assassinations.

*** Any reaction and desisting by Pakis must be unilateral and in open and loud and clear immediately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles