Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Kills are almost always confirmed by the 'spotter' accompanying the sniper. In the absence of a 'spotter' the sniper's word is mostly taken at face value or deemed as 'unconfirmed' kill.
Nobody in the sniping world waits for media to confirm.
One can rest assured that no media can independently confirm sniper kills afflicted on Taliban, ISIS or Paki army - in all these cases the media relies on inputs from the sniping team! (perhaps the news of high-value-target kills gets disseminated from the other side too....)
I agree. But this is the situation when a dedicated sniper team is involved. Our snipers are basically attached to a patrolling party or mission specific. We don't have a dedicated sniper team for asymmetric warfare scenario.

Ofcourse no one waits for media confirmation, but also operators generally don't go on advertising such asset deployment or missions. So unless and until anything we heard in Paki media, we would never know of our actions. And we all know how transparent in Paki media and army when it comes to their own casualty.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Withdraw from Siachen? You mean withdraw from the Saltoro Ridge that we are guarding? Paki posts are nowhere near Siachen and are several kms away West of Saltoro. So you want to withdraw so the Pakis can take over the ridge-line and dominate Siachen from there?

Here's what happens if we withdraw:

And they with the Chinese can roll down to Ladakh....

View attachment 30609
Just one request, DON'T FEED FOOLS AND TROLLS.

As far as what I have learnt from my own experience of mountainous warfare, don't lose heights to enemy. A height which is at trijunction is even more strategically important.

mayfair

Despite Nehrus blunders of going to UN and mishandling security of ladakh, whatsever part of Kashmir is in India is also to some extent because of him. Otherwise most others - including Vallabh Patel - were willing to give up muslim majority parts of the state to Pakistan. On the other hand, bjp people were eating biryani in Pakistan while Kargil was being occupied and also prostrating to please china. But people are relentless with their propaganda. One surgical strike and they have already started making movies for election.
It's not that simple. Nehru was all for completely acceding to Nizam of Hyderabad's demands. After Nizam and his pithhus were forced out, Nehru all-but-guided Nizam's chief enforcer Rizvi to hand over the reigns of the murderous, fascistic MIM to his (Rizvi's) relative the grandfather of the present-day Asauddin Owaisi. The Nizam crowd were allowed to fly out of Hyderabad with wealth looted from the poor Ryuthu. All under Nehru's watch.

Patel's willingness to give up Muslim-majority parts of J&K (now often re-packaged as the so-called Chenab formula)- something that I do not subscribe to- was a part of the larger initiative for a COMPLETE exchange of populations and a clean and decisive surgical separation between India and Pakistan.

We all know how that turned out.

Nehru was also happy to leave the people of NE to the dogs during Chinese invasions; when the Cheeni came down to Tezpur, Nehru was busy offering condolences over the radio

In his address to the nation on AIR on November 20, 1962, Nehru said, “Huge Chinese armies have been marching in the northern part of NEFA. We have had reverses at Walong, Se La and today Bomdila, a small town in NEFA, has also fallen. We shall not rest till the invader goes out of India or is pushed out. I want to make that clear to all of you, and, especially our countrymen in Assam, to whom our heart goes out at this moment.”
While doing nothing to actually ameliorate the situation.

People in NE and Assam still rankle over the let down.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...ch-still-hurts-Assam/articleshow/16746435.cms

BJP people eating Biryani in Pakistan and being unaware of Kargil was a lapse. But what explains the senior Indian Home ministry officials frolicking in a "no-network" zone Murree on the DAY of 26/11, while Mumbai burnt for three days?

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/vid...ee-during-2611-discloses-rti-18157-2016-06-11

Anyway, this discussion is veering off-topic, so I'll stop here.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Despite Nehrus blunders of going to UN and mishandling security of ladakh, whatsever part of Kashmir is in India is also to some extent because of him. Otherwise most others - including Vallabh Patel - were willing to give up muslim majority parts of the state to Pakistan. On the other hand, bjp people were eating biryani in Pakistan while Kargil was being occupied and also prostrating to please china. But people are relentless with their propaganda. One surgical strike and they have already started making movies for election.
How do you explain the deliberate weakening of Indian Armed forces by
UPA govt for 10 years

There is no point in talking about Nehru and Patel , Hyderabad and JK and 1962

pankaj nema

Country flag
UPA not only weakened the Armed forces but also ruined the Internal Security

Indian Mujahideen, Bhatkal brothers
Bomb blasts through out India
PFI , Maoists , Withdrawing Army from South Kashmir and this made it a No go liberated zone

They also gave a free hand to NGOs for disrupting industrial development , and encouraged Evangelists and Love Jihad

Last edited:

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Can anyone here tell me the logic behind the recent sniper attacks on our troops. Is it to cover the escape of terrorists or the psychopaths just want to draw blood...
If they want to us to be pissed off, it is working...:mad2:

(Pardon my ignorance on kashmir Valley's tactical dynamics, I can't seem to find any information on the media, barely make it a 100 words article and thank you)

Enquirer

Can anyone here tell me the logic behind the recent sniper attacks on our troops. Is it to cover the escape of terrorists or the psychopaths just want to draw blood...
If they want to us to be pissed off, it is working...:mad2:

(Pardon my ignorance on kashmir Valley's tactical dynamics, I can't seem to find any information on the media, barely make it a 100 words article and thank you)
Pakistan consistently tries to keep the border/LOC aflame as a way to show the whole world that a nuclear confrontation would be imminent if the international community does not intervene to resolve Kashmir in its favor. The losses emanating from the 'measured' retaliation by India is something that they can easily stomach (Pakistan has seen India's reluctance at blood shedding for the last 70+ years. In all of the last 70+ years that Pakistan devised several 'skirmishes', 'confrontations', 'battles' & 'wars', India merely defends itself - never really vanquishes Pakistan).

The only time Pakistan begged for Indian mercy & asked for a 'ceasefire' was in the aftermath of 9/11 when for a brief period Pakistan felt that it's game was up (with US slaughtering the vermin begotten by Pakistan).

Net-net India's 'strategic objective' is to convince the entire world that there's 'nothing to see here'; while Pakistan stealthily keeps striking the match and cries wolf to the entire world.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Is it possible to set up some counter snipers over strategic locations,as a deterrent like nato troops in Baghdad....

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I totally agree with your above points, I just can't stomach the casualties of our soldiers, this year marked as the highest numbers of martyrs.( we also neutralized record number of tangos...).
We need to focus on the survival rate of our troops.

Enquirer

Is it possible to set up some counter snipers over strategic locations,as a deterrent like nato troops in Baghdad....
It’s possible. But first Indian Army should procure long range (real) sniper rifles! Quite stupid of IA not to have procured these for several decades!
All that IA has is Dragunov DMRs

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
About that delayed sniper procurement, why can't northern commander use his discretionary funds to acquire in small numbers as stop gap measure...

Chinmoy

Country flag
About that delayed sniper procurement, why can't northern commander use his discretionary funds to acquire in small numbers as stop gap measure...
Problem is not with gun or bullet. Problem is with training. You are talking about counter sniping technique and it does need extensive training. IA doesn't have a effective sniper training school for something like that. Simply procuring a top of the line gun and ammo is not going to solve the problem.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Yes, they were done. Bolt action. there were two or three such tenders issued in last 4 years.

Enquirer

Problem is not with gun or bullet. Problem is with training. You are talking about counter sniping technique and it does need extensive training. IA doesn't have a effective sniper training school for something like that. Simply procuring a top of the line gun and ammo is not going to solve the problem.
Guns are the biggest issue - IA doesn't have long range sniper rifles.
Training is important, but modern day guns come with a hand held 'sniper computer'. The spotter enters all the relevant values (range, wind speed etc.) and the computer tells the sniper the aiming parameters.
The most important training is the ability to keep oneself camouflaged and lie motionless for hours!

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Its a sad reality,is there any available tactics to control the enemy snipers from hurting our boots atleast for the immediate future.
What is stopping our IA to set up sniper schools, im angry because few days back a porki officer posted our soldier negligent handling of a SVD rifle,

WE ARE BETTER THAN THEM IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY

Chinmoy

Country flag
Training is important, but modern day guns come with a hand held 'sniper computer'. The spotter enters all the relevant values (range, wind speed etc.) and the computer tells the sniper the aiming parameters.
The most important training is the ability to keep oneself camouflaged and lie motionless for hours!
I agree with long range sniper guns issue. IA have just a limited number of NTW and OSV 96 to play with. But anyway if we talk about Kashmir as a play field, the SSG 69, SP66, PSG1 or Galil are more then adequate. Where you are standing eye ball to eye ball with enemy, 1000 mtr of engagement distance is the most practical one. Even in case of our soldiers getting sniped, they are targeted with standard 7.62 NATO rounds. They are not getting engaged with 50 cal rounds.

But yeah, a few of the rifles firing 300 Winchester rounds would be a welcome induction.

Moreover we are talking about a geography where you have to first spot your target among the foliage and caverns. Once you do that, ballistic computers could be used. These devices are generally used when you are engaging HVT on a mission specific role. On a day to day basis, these would be more cumbersome.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

I ve seen the systems which you are mentioning, the main issue seems to be in procurement process, horrendous and inexcusable delays prone to multiple GSQRs,RFIs etc

RED TAPES hurting our soldiers literally,

Chinmoy

Country flag
Its a sad reality,is there any available tactics to control the enemy snipers from hurting our boots atleast for the immediate future.
What is stopping our IA to set up sniper schools, im angry because few days back a porki officer posted our soldier negligent handling of a SVD rifle,

WE ARE BETTER THAN THEM IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY
Are you serious????????????? Porki officer??????? That's good for nothing Jahil Homoid.

I am seriously doubting your intelligence now in these matters.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Wait now brother, I will show the tweet in a while, im shocked as anyone of the public would, I just want to know what is happening, we want the same thing, our soldiers come home safely

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
When will our Army buy long range sniper rifle? More than 3 years passed since the start of recent LoC skirmishes.

What type of sniper rifle is this? Pakis claim they hav more advanced sniper rifles than this.
See this is what I am talking about,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles