Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Ya, more like its going to be tits over twat.
Iam keeping coffee on boil and popcorn ready. Just let me know when the mushroom cloud goes up.

Don't make me laugh.
Max its going to be a pin prick. Couple of pawns both sides get killed. And then the smoke and mirrors and PR spin starts.

Same old jumla. First time its fun. Now its gone stale.
Unlike the jews we Hindus don't have balls. Its all just politics. If you ain't realised it yet, you never will.
Sir ji looking at your Age ; I request you keep out of it

Our generation will have to confront this pakistani problem

It is a matter of when Not If

Pandeyji

Country flag
Bhai I HV seen this tweet too....
.... confused
News & reports of any operation is false until & unless events prove otherwise. Do you think that armed forces would confirm in advance that they are going to oust Yameen? It could also be possible that the news is planted to make Yameen behave.

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Since the Maldives military is following the orders of the current president against the SC and opposition. I wonder if we will have to face them in case of an Indian military intervention. I feel an Indian intervention will be carried out after there is considerable rebellion within the army and President Yameen's Govt. and his political party.

Bhoot Pishach

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Agra brigade would be the best choice in that scenario.It has all the components to sustain ops independently for a long time.

Just deploying Para SF units is not a good option.
Why are you taking it literally??? I myself is taking that tweet with pinch of salt.

Who knows what's cooking???

it seems that GOI is waiting for right time.

Mean while:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...mpaign=iOSapp&utm_source=twitter.com&from=mdr

India expected to follow SOP on Maldives, to keep troops ready

NEW DELHI: With Maldives in turmoil+ following a face off between the government and its Supreme Court, India is expected to follow a standard operating procedure (SOP) that includes keeping the troops in readiness, government sources indicated on Tuesday.

India, which said it was "disturbed" over the situation in the archipelago nation, has already issued a travel advisory as part of the SOP but officials would not confirm one of its crucial aspects pertaining to keeping troops on standby.

Sources said troop movement has been seen at a key airbase in southern India.

According to the SOP, the troops are kept ready to meet any eventuality, crisis or requirement for help, sources said, adding there is nothing unusual about such SOPs.

Significantly, exiled former Maldivian president Mohamed Nasheed today sought India's diplomatic and military intervention+ to resolve the crisis in the country after President Abdulla Yameen declared a state of emergency and got arrested the top judge of the country's apex court.

The Indian Navy patrols sea lanes around Maldives as naval cooperation between the two countries are robust.

India had yesterday asked its nationals to defer all non-essential travels to the Indian Ocean nation until further notice.

In an advisory, the external affairs ministry also asked Indian expatriates in Maldives to maintain heightened security awareness.

The picturesque Indian Ocean archipelago, which has seen a number of political crises since the ouster of its first democratically-elected president Nasheed in 2012, plunged into chaos on Thursday last when the apex court ordered the release of nine imprisoned opposition politicians, maintaining that their trials were "politically motivated and flawed".

The nine political leaders included Nasheed.

The Yameen government refused to implement the order, prompting a wave of protests in capital Male, with clashes between police and demonstrators.

Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed and another judge, Ali Hameed, were arrested hours after President Yameen declared a state of emergency yesterday. No details were given about the investigation or charges against them.

Former president Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, who has allied himself with the opposition, was also detained at his home.

Jaymax

Why are you taking it literally??? I myself is taking that tweet with pinch of salt.

Who knows what's cooking???

it seems that GOI is waiting for right time.

Mean while:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...mpaign=iOSapp&utm_source=twitter.com&from=mdr

India expected to follow SOP on Maldives, to keep troops ready

NEW DELHI: With Maldives in turmoil+ following a face off between the government and its Supreme Court, India is expected to follow a standard operating procedure (SOP) that includes keeping the troops in readiness, government sources indicated on Tuesday.

Can we move this to a separate thread ?

HindaviSwarajya

Country flag
I do not want our army to interfeare in maldives. Let them take help of other muslim nations, why should we sustain losses for them.

Jaymax

I do not want our army to interfeare in maldives. Let them take help of other muslim nations, why should we sustain losses for them.
Because whether you like their religion or not - India DOES need Maldives as an ally. Otherwise China will bribe its way there and setup listening posts and naval stations there as well !

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
Screenshot_2018-02-07-02-36-47-732_com.android.chrome.png
This is screenshot of nasheed twitter ,the indian ambassador has saying military intervention is an option and called nasheed president even though he is in exile and profile is not fake of Indian ambassdor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles