Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Russians have a good chance of winning in Donbass. The significant population is sympathetic towards them, Russians have local militia support, Donbass is separated from rest of Ukraine by rivers and most important Donbass was never in Ukrainian total control post 2014.
South is where things will be unpredictable. As of now it seems that Russian have lost steam in south and have changed strategy of holding the captured territory. They seem to have given up on Odessa.
Russians never cared about looses, Putin never has to face criticism or pressure from huge loss of life.
I have been watching some telegram videos of Ukrainians begging for help in Donbass.
They look to be legit but there is no way to be sure. Doesn't bode well for Ukraine if frontlines are not supplied with what they need.

They have taken heavy casualties in eastern sector and not so much on Russian side apart from some river crossings where they got blown to pieces. Russia will sacrifice kharkhiv region and push till they have Donbass. It's a long way to go still so anything can change but momentum is with Russia.

Longewala

Country flag
View attachment 156064

So as per them we should have bought orlan had we not had harop.
That's what you took from that exhaustive, well thought through comment on the relative advantages and utility of one variety of Russian drone?
That Putler fans want to make us "beholden" to Russian drones?

For instance that Russian drone would be far cheaper, while being qualitatively crude.

Do you think a 1mn strong Indian army would benefit from say
a) a handful of gold plated superior Israeli drones
b) a large number of cheap s**t Russki drones so that at least battalions have a dedicated drone arm.

I am not saying b is better.
Just that while accusing others of being Putinbots or whatever, you are allowing yourself to be blinded by Western bias

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I have been watching some telegram videos of Ukrainians begging for help in Donbass.
They look to be legit but there is no way to be sure. Doesn't bode well for Ukraine if frontlines are not supplied with what they need.

They have taken heavy casualties in eastern sector and not so much on Russian side apart from some river crossings where they got blown to pieces. Russia will sacrifice kharkhiv region and push till they have Donbass. It's a long way to go still so anything can change but momentum is with Russia.
Donbass advance is slowing down. Rivers that are causing problems to Ukrainians are also causing problem to Russians.
With arrival of M777, Russian artillery advantage has reduced and now Ukrainians are targeting Russian river crossing.
If Ukrainians managed to cut of Izyum supply lines Russians will be in problems. Situation is getting serious over their for Russians.
Once rains begin in things will again get messy.

Only if Ukrainians had M777during initial days invasion of Kyiv, the 64 km Russian column would have obligated.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
That's what you took from that exhaustive, well thought through comment on the relative advantages and utility of one variety of Russian drone?
That Putler fans want to make us "beholden" to Russian drones?

For instance that Russian drone would be far cheaper, while being qualitatively crude.

Do you think a 1mn strong Indian army would benefit from say
a) a handful of gold plated superior Israeli drones
b) a large number of cheap s**t Russki drones so that at least battalions have a dedicated drone arm.

I am not saying b is better.
Just that while accusing others of being Putinbots or whatever, you are allowing yourself to be blinded by Western bias
Have you seen that drone? Is it worth $ 120k?

Has bloody civy tech bundled together like a college project...but I'm sure our corrupt MoD babus will buy this over anything DRDO comes up with.

Also, I thought we were going into production for Archer drone so why no mention of that if they are such super nationalists and not glomohomo.

JBH22

This is the kind of attitude that has gotten Russia into this mess in the first place.
Well I see no better results with so called superior Western tech against rag tag militia in Iraq or Afghanistan.
It is just that not all conflicts can be resolved through military confrontation it is called limitation of power.
The premise that western weaponry is necessary condition for victory on battlefield is a sham

JBH22

Donbass advance is slowing down. Rivers that are causing problems to Ukrainians are also causing problem to Russians.
With arrival of M777, Russian artillery advantage has reduced and now Ukrainians are targeting Russian river crossing.
If Ukrainians managed to cut of Izyum supply lines Russians will be in problems. Situation is getting serious over their for Russians.
Once rains begin in things will again get messy.

Only if Ukrainians had M777during initial days invasion of Kyiv, the 64 km Russian column would have obligated.
The range of M777 is 20km and with exccalibur it is extended to 40km. Also, the modern digital FCS have been removed from the M777 sent to Ukraine, for obvious reason.
Russian advance has been slow since they are trying to minimise collateral damage as most civilians are of Russian.
I wonder how it will be if they moved to western Ukraine gloves off🙄

Longewala

Country flag
Have you seen that drone? Is it worth $ 120k?

Has bloody civy tech bundled together like a college project...but I'm sure our corrupt MoD babus will buy this over anything DRDO comes up with.

Also, I thought we were going into production for Archer drone so why no mention of that if they are such super nationalists and not glomohomo.
A high end drone costs usd 10mn
The cost of a dozen drones, or a single Rafale, is enough to equip every infantry battalion with a couple of cheap drones

Question is not whether a Rafale is worth 150mn or this drone is worth 120k.

Question is what would benefit the military most?
One Rafale, a few top end drones, or every battalion having their own eyes?

There is no conclusive answer. But don't pretend someone arguing for one option that happens to be Russian somehow makes him a Putin fan.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Well I see no better results with so called superior Western tech against rag tag militia in Iraq or Afghanistan.
It is just that not all conflicts can be resolved through military confrontation it is called limitation of power.
The premise that western weaponry is necessary condition for victory on battlefield is a sham
No you are getting me wrong, we are talking about the juggad mentality and having crowdfunded gps taped to military aircrafts...I mean seriously 😒

The conflicts you mentioned like all conflicts have some advantages for the native defending side. So Ukraine in this case has similarly some advantages and strategy to fight on their own turf.

Russia needs to get serious and throw sheets of lead from their airforce but I don't see it happening. Where are the PGMs? We've been calling for it since day 1.

mokoman

Country flag
Y'all nibbiars, same shit, different war for Russia.
These pooty-gang simps will have us beholden to russian state-of-the-art drones.

View attachment 156039
:lehappy: makes me wonder what kind of crazy jugaad we will be doing if there is a 2 front or 1 front long war with chinese.

with the shit we will be doing to survive , indian generals will win the next nobel prize .

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Russia needs to get serious and throw sheets of lead from their airforce but I don't see it happening. Where are the PGMs? We've been calling for it since day 1.
Looks like Russian PGM stocks are running low.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
:lehappy: makes me wonder what kind of crazy jugaad we will be doing if there is a 2 front or 1 front long war with chinese.

with the shit we will be doing to survive , indian generals will win the next nobel prize .
I'm not worried about pakistan, Om Mishra will release Bajwa's sex tape with Imrand and PTI gang will go wallah habibi

China has a huge stock pile of ammo and they are much smarter than Russia.
+ Their population centers are way outside our proximity for most of our weapons.

JBH22

No you are getting me wrong, we are talking about the juggad mentality and having crowdfunded gps taped to military aircrafts...I mean seriously 😒
Jugaad is what helped IAF turned tide in the mountain bombing campaign. No one did such thing before. So on the battlefield you have to innovate with whatever you have to win.
No MIC will be ready to cater for any situation. Not to forget Russian MIC came back from decade of decay. So what they managed to save itself is a big thing.

The conflicts you mentioned like all conflicts have some advantages for the native defending side. So Ukraine in this case has similarly some advantages and strategy to fight on their own turf.
It took us months to evict porkies in a mountainous region. Now Ukraine is sitting in towns and shielding behind Russian origin civies to fight them so this will take time.

They tried gentle slap it did not work. So they are moving phase 2. You seriously don't think that those T72M1 will change course of this war. Heck we also could have given them hundreds of this tank to be in the good books of west😂😂

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Jugaad is what helped IAF turned tide in the mountain bombing campaign. No one did such thing before. So on the battlefield you have to innovate with whatever you have to win.
No MIC will be ready to cater for any situation. Not to forget Russian MIC came back from decade of decay. So what they managed to save itself is a big thing.

It took us months to evict porkies in a mountainous region. Now Ukraine is sitting in towns and shielding behind Russian origin civies to fight them so this will take time.

They tried gentle slap it did not work. So they are moving phase 2. You seriously don't think that those T72M1 will change course of this war. Heck we also could have given them hundreds of this tank to be in the good books of west😂😂
Bro all I'm saying is Russia could have done much better. Whatever might be the reason but Ukraine has really held the line.
It is what it is.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Looks like Russian PGM stocks are running low.
Too much corruption, they ate the money and made yachts from it while Moskva sank due to no fire suppression system.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Question is what would benefit the military most?
Buying indigenous tech will benefit our military, industry and economy the most. However our pseudo-nationalist will cater to Russian and Putin's interest rather than Indian interest.
There is no conclusive answer. But don't pretend someone arguing for one option that happens to be Russian somehow makes him a Putin fan.
Yes, their is a conclusive answer. Promote and buy only Indian designed and manufactured UAV and UCAVs.
Indian drone industry is blossoming. GoI including military needs to support it and nurture it.

JBH22

Bro all I'm saying is Russia could have done much better. Whatever might be the reason but Ukraine has really held the line.
It is what it is.
It is what it is. You rightly said so. We will get to know once it end.
Could be they underestimated the resolve of the clown. But then before such a campaign multiple intel agencies probe not only external intel agency, but also military intel. At this point, no one really knows what is the real objective of this campaign so I stick to putin initial objectives.

Longewala

Country flag
Buying indigenous tech will benefit our military, industry and economy the most. However our pseudo-nationalist will cater to Russian and Putin's interest rather than Indian interest.

Yes, their is a conclusive answer. Promote and buy only Indian designed and manufactured UAV and UCAVs.
Indian drone industry is blossoming. GoI including military needs to support it and nurture it.
Sure. In that case, we can decide if the Russian drone makes sense, and if yes, ask the Indian drone industry to design and manufacture a close equivalent.

Global Defence

Articles