Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Except not really. Only the most intelligent high iq cognitive elite go. Then they kick ass in the West instead of launching businesses and creating new intellectual property in India. Brain drain is not a good thing.
Brain drain is not a good thing when the country can give entrepreneurship opportunities to those brains.
If it cannot,then brain drain is a net positive, because MOST of those people end up sending money back home in orders of magnitude greater than what they'd be earning back home. Plus, they create indian interest groups in the foreign nations.

one of the lessons of history that Indians are reluctant to admit, is that we started losing to the turks and after the Kannauj triangle period, when the stupidly disastrous idea of ' if you travel to or live in mleccha desh, its paap' mentality started to take root. As a result, we surrendered the dominance of Bay of Bengal trade route and Arabian sea route to foreigners, who's businessmen started increasing in our homeland, while ours went to zero in theirs, and we lost the valuable ability to gather intel, to keep a pulse on their political developments, while they increased their's. Its not a coincidence that even between 800 CE and 1196 CE, the arabs, the turks, etc knew exactly which kingdom to avoid, which kingdom to blow up and when.

One drawback of the Ameican-Chinese relationship for America, for eg, is that China has a much better pulse on American inner politics & machinations than the Americans have for the Chinese- because there's millions of Chinese immigrants living in USA and only a few thousand yankees in Zhongguo

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
If a rock can serve as a hammer and do it well as a hammer, what's wrong using the rock as long as it does the job?
reminds me of an anecdote i once heard : that apparently NASA invented the ballpoint pen, at the cost of about 5 million dollars in 1950s money, so that astronauts had something to write with in low gravity - you see, fountain pens do not work - the ink will just droplet-ise out of the nib and float around.
The Rooskies meanwhile, just used a pencil.

ww2historian

Country flag
Every now and then, all of the sudden, a one new blabbermouth drops in without doing basic research. There are nth post demolishing Russian economy in deep shit propaganda. Let's go to land captured now. This is from the SKY news, just two days ago.
View attachment 157545

Luhansk Province - 100% captured
Donesysk - 65% captured
Zaporizhzhia - 85% Captured
Kherson - 90% Captured
Crimea - 100% Captured

At the end of the video:
Sky News Reporter to the guest "It all sounds very bleak give us something positive to focus on". And, the guest while answering her question is scraping the barrel for something positive but the Ukrainian situation is bleak. He couldn't spin it up much !!
He spun it with deletion. He mentioned how exhausted the Russian troops are and that bringing in new troops is unsustainable. But did he mention anything about Ukrainian troops being exhausted? Or that Ukraine is losing their best troops and are replacing them with untrained men? It is so obvious to anyone that the Ukrainian troops in the east have been fighting almost non stop for 3 months without many reinforcements. Mentioning nothing about their casualties or their "exhaustion" is laughable.

Last edited:

ww2historian

Country flag
I already told you that they will never be accurate. But this tweet shows that the numbers are not far off the mark.
I'm not saying I'm correct about what that tweet shows, but here's my guess. Thousands of T-64 would be very effective if Ukraine is running very low on anti tank weapons. I think there's been some solid proof that the west has very few Javelins left to send Ukraine. Also if those numbers are not far off, neither are Russian estimates of Ukraine losses. Which btw is huge.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
I honestly think there is NO way for Russia to "win" this foolish war. I mean, really what happens in the end? Ukraine becomes a Russian state like Crimea, or divided like so many other places? Russia's economy is horrible right now; have you guys watched the YouTube videos of Russians and their current lives? People are suffering there tremendously, lots of young Russians have lost their entire jobs and are struggling to make some ends meet. Ukraine is bleeding Russia dry.

I respect the Russian people, I love their movies actually. I just cannot support their current war. :(
You sound like a complete moron. Russian rouble is actually stronger now than before the war and Russia is simply taking back cities and territories it founded in the first place.

ww2historian

Country flag
FH70

.........................................................................................................
When it come time to retreat, I hope sunflower seed oil works well as a replacement for diesel fuel. Otherwise it's going to be captured just like hundreds of other heavy equipment already has been.

Cheran

Country flag
US switchblades captured by Russia

1653571201323.png

Captured NLAW

1653571245008.png

TOS1A heavy flamethrower in action

1653571292734.png

RocketMan

Country flag
So, now How would all the proponents of a short swift war in the Indian military and strategic establishment cope with the result of the Ukraine war that is unfolding..?
The Ukraine war shows that modern large scale conventional wars need not be short nor swift.. Also, it shows that a major power like Russia, can soak up all the diplomatic and sanctions pressures to end the war, and continue to grind Ukraine down 3 months after the war began.. So, the assumption of many Indian military strategists that any Indo-China war will be of a short duration, before the war stops due to international pressure does not hold.. And, Indian ammunition stocks and the bad state of our military industrial complex, would lead to an Indian defeat in a War of attrition against China, if the War stretches for 3 to 4 months..

Also, modern armies are much smaller than WW2 era armies.. The capacities of modern Russian Tactical Battalian groups, to absorb multiple shocks, and conduct large scale maneuvers like the Soviet Army Divisions during Operation Bagration in WW2 are limited.. Also, Russian TBGs or Indian IBGs cannot concentrate the kind of firepower that Division level assets can..So, modern wars of conquest against a competent enemy will be slow and some form of a war of attrition..
In short .

Screenshot_2022-05-26-19-01-27-07_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Blademaster

• Energy consumption
  • Employment status
  • Electricity production
  • Rail cargo shipments
  • Loan disbursements
  • Real estate volume
  • Cement production
  • Steel consumption
Do you have any source, nonbiased I mean, that can back up your assertions that Russia is not doing well?

ww2historian

Country flag
I haven't seen a Rybar estimates of Ukraine's losses in a few week. On May 10th they showed P.O.Ws at 2800. Just now Intel Slava Z are saying over 8000 P.O.Ws. "Intel Slava Z
The total number of Ukrainian prisoners of war on the territory of the DPR and LPR as of May 26 is about 8,000 people, according to a statement by the LPR Ambassador to the Russian Federation Miroshnik.

In addition, there are prisoners on the territory of the Russian Federation. Since Ukraine simply has no one to change all these people for, most of them will be held captive until the end of hostilities. At the same time, in the next month, the total number of prisoners may increase significantly."
1653573937890.png

The Shrike

Country flag
US switchblades captured by Russia

View attachment 157581
Don’t think that looks like a “captured”, more like the remains of an airframe that was fired (and either successfully hit its target or crashed/malfunctioned).

No signs of the larger Switchblade 600’s and “ghost phoenix“ on the battlefield though - the kind of drones the Ukrainians actually need. The 300’s may have been useful in low intensity conflict by special forces in Afghanistan but will hardly make a dent. Overall a poor showing by US Military Industrial Complex at least in this department.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Its not even a modern piece like m777
Basically this thing was developed before fh 77 haubits aka bofors top aka kargil winner aka rajiv gandhis infamy aka automated gun

ww2historian

Country flag
Interesting factoid.
The missile strikes against Ukraine's oil refineries and storage facilities had no effect. Just because drivers have to wait 12 hours in line for a few litters of fuel means nothing. That's if they can find a gasoline station that has fuel, but that also means nothing because of their huge supply of sunflower oil.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Yes, now what you have said is correct now. Data about losses and victories Claimed by both side is not 100% accurate.

By the way in that Infographics of yours, you have claimed that Ukraine has Destroyed 13 boats/Ships, could you name all those 13 ships which you Claim to have Destroyed? Thank you in Advance.
https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Список_кораблів,_пошкоджених_під_час_російсько-української_війни
...........................................................................................................................................

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Список_кораблів,_пошкоджених_під_час_російсько-української_війни
...........................................................................................................................................
Thank you. But the Link is in Ukrainian/Russian. So its Difficult for me to translate. It would be nice if you could simply name the Russian ships here. Rest other than that I will find out myself.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles