Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

The Shrike

Country flag
There are far better ways to get an idea of the health of Russian economy than random youtube video tours of supermarkets. Some from the top of my mind:
  • Number of scheduled flights (effect of sanctions by Airbus and Boeing etc)
  • Russian imports
  • Russian exports of non oil/gas/natural resources
  • Automobile production
  • What else????

Synergy

Country flag
I didn't watch this propaganda until the end. Did they mention there that the exchange rate of the ruble only grew during the NWO period? Or about the fact that the Russian trade balance is strongly positive now?
Exchange rate is a different ball game and can be controlled easily (for some time) by central banks.
(For ex - Probably you know, value of Renminbi is way lower than the value it should hold).

2nd part of your comment is self explanatory, i.e. when BoT is strongly +ve, where those commodities will go in the future? Then what will happen to the supply chain, and as a result what will be the impact on outputs, wages and prices (very basic funda of Macroeconomics). No way to control unemployment.

Last edited:

Master Chief

Country flag
There are far better ways to get an idea of the health of Russian economy than random youtube video tours of supermarkets. Some from the top of my mind:
  • Russian imports
  • Automobile production
  • What else????
Russian economy is doing badly.. as imports have collapsed.. Automobile sales in Russia in April have collapsed around 80 percent in April.. EU has stopped all major goods exports.. So, Russian economy will continue to contract for the next few years, until the supply chain for Russia is reconfigured..
But, NATO had hoped for macro economic instability in Russia, due to the draconian sanctions, that would force Russia to stop the war.. And that, has not come to pass..

Soldier355

Country flag
There were shots of the retreat of individual units of the Ukrainian army from the territory of the Red Estuary. The settlement of Krasny Liman is of strategic importance in Ukraine, since it opens up directions for advancing towards Slavyansk with Kramatorsk and towards the grouping of Kiev forces concentrated near Lisichansk and Severodonetsk.

Russian troops launched a missile attack on the Ukrainian plant "Motor Sich" in Zaporozhye. As a result of the missile strike, the plant's workshops and the administrative building were destroyed. The Ukrainian plant "Motor Sich" was engaged in the production, repair and maintenance of aircraft engines and also produced parts for Turkish UAVs "Bayraktar" and "Akinsi".

In Ukraine, a self-propelled mortar of a colossal 240-mm caliber was spotted near Severodonetsk. The king of Russian mortars, like many Russian artillery, is romantically named 2C4 "Tulip". The pretty name of the flower hides a monstrous power that inspires fear and respect, by the way, the shot of its 130 kilogram mine leaves a funnel in the ground with a diameter of 10 and a depth of almost 6 meters. Now there are no analogues of the Russian "Tulip": it significantly surpasses conventional artillery and is a record holder. 2C4 "Tulip" is designed primarily for the destruction of bunkers and fortified positions.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
  • Russian imports
  • Automobile production
  • What else????
  • Energy consumption
  • Employment status
  • Electricity production
  • Rail cargo shipments
  • Loan disbursements
  • Real estate volume
  • Cement production
  • Steel consumption

Master Chief

Country flag
So, now How would all the proponents of a short swift war in the Indian military and strategic establishment cope with the result of the Ukraine war that is unfolding..?
The Ukraine war shows that modern large scale conventional wars need not be short nor swift.. Also, it shows that a major power like Russia, can soak up all the diplomatic and sanctions pressures to end the war, and continue to grind Ukraine down 3 months after the war began.. So, the assumption of many Indian military strategists that any Indo-China war will be of a short duration, before the war stops due to international pressure does not hold.. And, Indian ammunition stocks and the bad state of our military industrial complex, would lead to an Indian defeat in a War of attrition against China, if the War stretches for 3 to 4 months..

Also, modern armies are much smaller than WW2 era armies.. The capacities of modern Russian Tactical Battalian groups, to absorb multiple shocks, and conduct large scale maneuvers like the Soviet Army Divisions during Operation Bagration in WW2 are limited.. Also, Russian TBGs or Indian IBGs cannot concentrate the kind of firepower that Division level assets can..So, modern wars of conquest against a competent enemy will be slow and some form of a war of attrition..

Master Chief

Country flag
ъ
Still have doubts about losses? There is such a maneuverable and large-scale war going on that they use any weapon that is suitable.
What if these ancient tanks are deployed by Russian Territorial defense in Zaporizhiya..
Indian Army still deploys T-55 and Vijayanta tanks as static pill boxes in a defensive setting..
You can gloat only when you see these T-62s deployed on the front lines in Donbass.. and I doubt that we will ever see such an event..

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
ъ
Still have doubts about losses? There is such a maneuverable and large-scale war going on that they use any weapon that is suitable.
Yes, and it is a well known fact that the infographics posted by you do not show the exact Russian losses. Losses are being exaggerated by you. Same is the case with the Russians, they too are doing the same. Like I said, the data of losses published by both sides in their infographics is not 100% accurate.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Yes, and it is a well known fact that the infographics posted by you do not show the exact Russian losses. Losses are being exaggerated by you. Same is the case with the Russians, they too are doing the same. Like I said, the data of losses published by both sides in their infographics is not 100% accurate.
I already told you that they will never be accurate. But this tweet shows that the numbers are not far off the mark.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
I already told you that they will never be accurate. But this tweet shows that the numbers are not far off the mark.
Yes, now what you have said is correct now. Data about losses and victories Claimed by both side is not 100% accurate.

By the way in that Infographics of yours, you have claimed that Ukraine has Destroyed 13 boats/Ships, could you name all those 13 ships which you Claim to have Destroyed? Thank you in Advance.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles