Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

couchPotato

Country flag
lets just say the source is a deep source in IAF posting in places i would rather not draw attention to. Its not true space-based radar, its more like ground radar reflector thing that can re-direct ground based radar back to earth and see stealth jets from where they are the most vulnerable to detection : top down view ( no one ever makes stealth jets stealth capable in top down view. for obvious reasons).
AFAIK its not space based radar. They use (this has been documented in several places) longwave radar which doesn't reflect off the 'stealth' plane like regular high tech microwave ones. They also bounce off the ground and ionosphere (remember SW radio hop distances? )

The issue is that it's not as precise as the regular radar but knowing the general area to search for would help by a lot. Also stealth just means reduced radar returns, not zero returns. You can detect it if you're close enough and your rader is strong enough.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Hey now .. the British are your allies here .
It doesn't change the essence. We are fighting against Putin's imperial ways.
And by the way - the patriots of India, why do you speak the language of the occupier? Maybe national identification is not related to the language issue?
Crimea. The ethnic composition of the population was forcibly changed in it, and after that the RSFSR almost destroyed the Crimea.

Longewala

Country flag
I didn't even read this nonsense. It disgusts me to see that some Indians have betrayed the ideals of India, which fought against the British Empire for centuries.
Don't equate yourself to Indian freedom fighters fighting against the British empire. The Brits murdered far more unarmed civilians in one hour at Jalianwala than all the Russian "genocides" combined.

And India has the same strategic issues as you have - balancing all camps to ensure our interests are not harmed. The only difference is we are not morons.

The US has repeatedly done far more harm towards us than Russia to you.
We still keep a polite face and trade with them because it benefits us, with the understanding that those swine can backstab us at any point.

You can blame Russia all you want. Keeping a neutral stance, playing NATO against Russia, gaining from both parties was perfectly achievable for you and optimal for your economy.

You idiots were too full of hatred towards Russia and too trusting of NATO snakes. Now both you and Russia are paying the price.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Nope. Demand and supply eventually dictate the equilibrium. Rubble crashed due to fear not economics, but once fear is gone market takes over.

2ndly, major economies are buying rubble from market to pay for oil thus demand is there and will increase.

Yes, Russia exports more than it imports so they can stabilize it. Let's see

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Make an Mk-3 with dual turbines then?

Tejas isn't as good as the imported stuff but unless we dog food the aircraft, it'll never improve and we'd be at the mercy of other nations.
yeah, look at all the equipment loses and weaponry consumption in this short Russia Ukraine war.
if India isn't making ALL it's own stuff how will India maintain systems and replace loses in a real fight?
France is trying hard to protect it's MIC. Turks desperate to create a MIC. must be a reason.

RocketMan

Country flag
To be fair Soviets had a competitive advantage till the 70's,after that things started falling apart for them as their economy started floundering.

Russian technology in today's era can be best described by what i saw about a captured Russian combat drone.
The cameras were from a commercial DSLR,the electronics from the Chinese DJI or from America and the motor from a japanese auto company. Russian arms industry has been long struggling for the past two decades because of their inability to compete with newer players in the market,massive outward migration of talent and shrinking of their customer base.

China has been investing heavily in Military R&D....They did start with making cheap copies of Soviet/Russian equipment but in recent times they have improved a lot and in some areas are ahead of even the US.
In your opinion how can India improve its MIC & optimize its Armed forces for the threats it faces ? Our Armed forces are hell bent on only using imported weapons & I am certain India would not sustain a full blown war optempo for even 10 days without running for spares & ammo to foreign vendors .

couchPotato

Country flag
And by the way - the patriots of India, why do you speak the language of the occupier? Maybe national identification is not related to the language issue?
Crimea. The ethnic composition of the population was forcibly changed in it, and after that the RSFSR almost destroyed the Crimea.
You think the west cares about Ukraine? they light the fire in your country to burn Russia and they wouldn't allow peace either. Your dumb/corrupt leadership willingly became a US tool/cannon fodder in the fight

SimplyIndian

Country flag
In your opinion how can India improve its MIC & optimize its Armed forces for the threats it faces ? Our Armed forces are hell bent on only using imported weapons & I am certain India would not sustain a full blown war optempo for even 10 days without running for spares & ammo to foreign vendors .
MoD is aware of this, push is there to buy desi. But this is MIC, decade is nothing to be self sufficient. But we are in right direction. This decade is instrument for india from MIC, economy, infra pov. Plus GOI is silently working on cleaning colonial bills and mentality. This will take till 2030 at least.

RocketMan

Country flag
I repeat: Either we go to the line of the state border or we cease to exist. The truce is just a respite for Putin. He will again accumulate supplies and move on us by war.
We've beaten the Russian troops up pretty good. Tonight in Odessa for the first time there was no air raid alert.
I admire your courage & Ukrainians have put up hell of a fight ; but it doesn't cover up for the fact that only nuclear weapons could have saved Ukraine . After the war , instead of joining NATO make your own nukes & Russia won't attack you again.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Don't equate yourself to Indian freedom fighters fighting against the British empire. The Brits murdered far more unarmed civilians in one hour at Jalianwala than all the Russian "genocides" combined.

And India has the same strategic issues as you have - balancing all camps to ensure our interests are not harmed. The only difference is we are not morons.

The US has repeatedly done far more harm towards us than Russia to you.
We still keep a polite face and trade with them because it benefits us, with the understanding that those swine can backstab us at any point.

You can blame Russia all you want. Keeping a neutral stance, playing NATO against Russia, gaining from both parties was perfectly achievable for you and optimal for your economy.

You idiots were too full of hatred towards Russia and too trusting of NATO snakes. Now both you and Russia are paying the price.
I laugh when India sees NATO as a threat.
We will not measure who killed more. When they begin to compare the numbers, it becomes clear to me that this person is an empty talk. I spoke about the essence.

karn

Country flag
And we do not wish to side the imperialist british on matters of war in a 3rd country.
We speak english out of convenience since it is international language of business and because some of our people did not want to be dominated by hindi .. so it is a compromise. Something your country could have learnt.

JBH22

I laugh when India sees NATO as a threat.
We will not measure who killed more. When they begin to compare the numbers, it becomes clear to me that this person is an empty talk. I spoke about the essence.
If you still don't understand who set you on this collision path, then good for you. Once you enter NATO and EU rivers of milk and honey will flow in Ukraine. No need to work, address governance issues and structural economic problems, society flaws. Automatic you become hero from zero.
It is the secret sauce for success, because let's face it west has an altruistic motive in seeing prosperous Ukraine.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles