Project-75I class SSK Submarines

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
In October 2008, the Indian Navy issued a Request for Information (RFI) to a number of foreign shipyards and design firms for construction of a class of advanced diesel-electric submarines. The RFIs were sent to
Rosoboronexport, Armaris and HDW , among others. [1][4] Originally the navy intended to purchase two submarines directly from the foreign vendor, with four licence-built at chosen local Indian shipyards in order to save time. [5] Acceptance of Necessity was accorded to the project by the Defence Acquisition Council in August 2010. [6] In December 2014, the new NDA government fast-tracked the bidding process for Project 75I due to mounting concerns over increasing People's Liberation Army Navy activities in the Indian Ocean region. [1][7] and diminishing submarine strength of the Indian navy. [8] Later it was decided to construct all six submarines in Indian shipyards in accordance with the Make in India initiative of the government.
so that's already almost 10years . don't you think it'll take another 4years to keel laying of first sub (if they sign project this year)
above info from Wikipedia
India did not have expertise back then. Also, there was UPA government which was anti national. Now, the new tender will simply be extension of the current scorpene submarine project.

ramdas hegde

India did not have expertise back then. Also, there was UPA government which was anti national. Now, the new tender will simply be extension of the current scorpene submarine project.
i think P75-I is deep mess . solution is build 3-4 more scorpenes and develop own ssk

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
i said obout design. and india constructed SSBN so that means they know about Submarine hull construction, MDL built scorpenes so they have knowledge that must count for something.
What is the endurance, noise level, max depth of your SSBN ? We need theses (secret) datas so ad to confirm if India mastered the sub design at 100% or 50% or...

My answer was about the KILO and the fact that making overhaul don't give you all the knowledge about the product.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
i think P75-I is deep mess . solution is build 3-4 more scorpenes and develop own ssk
I think it's the way to follow.
Building up to date foreign products and developping indigenous product in parallel. It it goes wrong (the indigenous product), you have another mature and potent solution.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
P75I is nothing but indigenised scorpene with some design changes to make it an indian design. The whole idea of making scorpene in India is to obtain technology and then use it to further build Indian submarines over time.. P75I is not separate from indigenous submarines. It is just a stepping stone. I don't understand what you intend to say.

ramdas hegde

P75I is nothing but indigenised scorpene with some design changes to make it an indian design. The whole idea of making scorpene in India is to obtain technology and then use it to further build Indian submarines over time.. P75I is not separate from indigenous submarines. It is just a stepping stone. I don't understand what you intend to say.
what i am basically saying is govt is wasting time going through tenders, this strategic partener thing and all without any results compromising national security.

ramdas hegde

what i am basically saying is govt is wasting time going through tenders, this strategic partener thing and all without any results compromising national security.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
How will it compromise national security? Also, why do you think India will go for tender when it is not feasible to suddenly change the infrastructure of scorpene? India already has infrastructure and skilled labour in MDL for making scorpene submarines. It can't be suddenly asked to get on a project for which there is no proper organisation or infrastructure available. It is impossible to get a new design for submarines immediately except Kilo Class submarines design and it is also impossible to get new strategic partner as the time to build infrastructure for a new submarine will take more than the available deadline to start next submarine constructio

ramdas hegde

How will it compromise national security? Also, why do you think India will go for tender when it is not feasible to suddenly change the infrastructure of scorpene? India already has infrastructure and skilled labour in MDL for making scorpene submarines. It can't be suddenly asked to get on a project for which there is no proper organisation or infrastructure available. It is impossible to get a new design for submarines immediately except Kilo Class submarines design and it is also impossible to get new strategic partner as the time to build infrastructure for a new submarine will take more than the available deadline to start next submarine constructio
they are already gone for tenders. If the contract awarded to the MDL i am a happy man,but that didn't happened, govt delaying P75-I.
20-25 subs required for IN to patrol our oceans effectively. how much we have now 13 old plus one new without any HWTs, this is effecting our national security.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
Indian company offering Sub design to Taiwan
I guess it's an upgraded Kalvari, a test bed of P-76
What ever, big big opportunity

kunal1123

Country flag
well even all component come from USA still this is pertty good news if true..

Reactions: Kay

lcafanboy

Country flag
A tit for tat reply to China for selling 8 JUNK submarines to porkistan..... However Taiwan will be getting top of the line subs good move by goi...

It's like putting some red hot chillies into the china's ass.....:biggrin2:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
For Taiwan... It will be considered by china as an intervention in domestic politic... Not a neutral decision.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Can this have an impct on P-75I?
Something is brewing... Ever since china sold 8 submarines to porkistan, india is itching to give it back. If done this will be tit for tat to chinese. It basically would mean you screw us and we will screw you harder. Since chinese subs will mostly be JUNK but scorpenes are state of the art...

rone

Country flag
Something is brewing... Ever since china sold 8 submarines to porkistan, india is itching to give it back. If done this will be tit for tat to chinese. It basically would mean you screw us and we will screw you harder. Since chinese subs will mostly be JUNK but scorpenes are state of the art...
we cant neglect even they steal they may have the ability put a decent fight if it has to face with Indian subs , and one more thing its not a gud idea to underestimate our enemy

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles