Project-75I class SSK Submarines

SavageKing456

Country flag
Why can't we absorb the technical expertise with these projects?
It's always the same situation.

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
It will be again after 15 years when first p 75i subamarine rolls out :facepalm: 🥺 :facepalm:
Which is planned for 2027 induction .

@BON PLAN the p 75 will be retrofitted with drdo aip for some time ,so almost count that downtime , and a few small modifications if included will increase our work time ,hope by then pre construction activity and actual keel laying takes place

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Which is planned for 2027 induction .

@BON PLAN the p 75 will be retrofitted with drdo aip for some time ,so almost count that downtime , and a few small modifications if included will increase our work time ,hope by then pre construction activity and actual keel laying takes place
Indeed. It may help.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Because there is no long term commitment. No follow on projects so as to keep the know how intact.
It's probably the main indian problem, with bureaucraty. The two are may be linked.
Who builds military submarines continuously ?
French do it , because they are a respectable weapons manufacturer and have experience in this field .
India cannot keep these lines engaged continuously.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
French do it , because they are a respectable weapons manufacturer and have experience in this field .
For previous decades nope ,but this is our turn point and if we don't cash on this opportunity we would hace to import for much longer , we have a more diversified economy and more growth potential , so commiting to long term plans now for indigenization is a good start now

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
so sharing in two the P75I is not a nice solution !

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I don't know what you are saying, I only know the indian navy should chooSe the scorpene class with any improvement they Desire as follow up p 75i class.
Sharing the production between two docks will reduce the delivery time (nice for navy) but also reduce the production time so a more important black hole time before next program.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why not.. we are short on submarines.. we must ensure that no substantial gap exists between successive iterations.. and retain the talent and know how..

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sharing the production between two docks will reduce the delivery time (nice for navy) but also reduce the production time so a more important black hole time before next program.
Unless.. Indian economy grows enough to order more submarines.. and keep both shipyards busy..

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
One dock is mazgaon, another one is vizag.
In india only these two dockyards have the capability to manufacture submarines.
Vizag is building arihant class nuke submarines so only mazgaon is idle as far as submarines are concerned.

FactsPlease

Country flag
A good strategic thinking, streamlined planning, and most of all commitment to succeed, finally plus excellent PM will solve this. Japan had been doing this for a long time (the thing India need to learn, instead just technology).

In the end, India should get a submarine fleet even larger than JDF. If Japan had been doing this successfully ever since post-WW2, I don't see why India can not.
- IMO, the only advantages for Scorpene had been all the infrastructure we had invested, if any left and of value to us.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles