Project-75I class SSK Submarines

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It needs to be speeded up. The United States has one or two nuclear submarines enter service every year.
China also has one or two conventional submarines,1 Nuclear Submarine enter service each year.
Although Russia has not built large surface ships, it has one or two submarines enter service every year.

Narasimh

Country flag
It needs to be speeded up. The United States has one or two nuclear submarines enter service every year.
China also has one or two conventional submarines,1 Nuclear Submarine enter service each year.
Although Russia has not built large surface ships, it has one or two submarines enter service every year.
They will be commissioned when my yet to be born kids become senior members/mods of DFI and will be commenting the same on this thread.

SavageKing456

Country flag
The problem is not BUILDING TIME i repeat it's not the building time,it's the procurement process which sucks and delays the projects
Just imagine instead of 22 years taken it would've just taken just 3-4 years only for MOD approval we would've already commissioned some of the subs and won't be left so much behind china,it's the case with every project..
Our rants for indigenisation would be useless when it takes hella lot of time for only procurement.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
The problem is not BUILDING TIME i repeat it's not the building time,it's the procurement process which sucks and delays the projects
Just imagine instead of 22 years taken it would've just taken just 3-4 years only for MOD approval we would've already commissioned some of the subs and won't be left so much behind china,it's the case with every project..
Our rants for indigenisation would be useless when it takes hella lot of time for only procurement.
Last time it took us 5 fucking year from approval to contract signing and then construction was delayed by 4 years , if we sign contract next year (which is like impossible by current speed ) ,and start construction within a year ,then we can induct first boat in 2026 2027 but if new design is chosen time will be more

Starlight

Country flag
Just continue with ordering more Scorpene class SSK follow on and also nothing else for P75i order but the DCNS offer and maybe keep the upcoming SSN design based on the Baracudda class for comanility with the Scorpene design without making an experimental multi asset fleet.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Just continue with the Scorpene class SSK and maybe keep the upcoming SSN design based on the Baracudda class for comanility with the Scorpene design without making an experimental multi asset fleet.
Let the rfp issued and result to come out ,hope rpf allows scorpene with indigenous upgrade as a viable contender

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
AFTER THIS I CAN SAY AMUR CLASS WILL WIN

90 billion Australian dollar ,this guy is acting like a bong head .

Edit : but it's still prohibitively expensive , reasons ???

Much bigger , heavy armament , french tech , and this plan is extended over 20 years ,so adding up inflation , and future upgrade ,tot , package and all

THESIS THORON

Country flag
90 billion Australian dollar ,this guy is acting like a bong head .

Edit : but it's still prohibitively expensive , reasons ???

Much bigger , heavy armament , french tech , and this plan is extended over 20 years ,so adding up inflation , and future upgrade ,tot , package and all
its too much cost.
which has less acoustic signature lada class(amur 1650) or barracuda class ???

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
its too much cost.
which has less acoustic signature lada class(amur 1650) or barracuda class ???
Baracuda is one of the best design out there also one big reason i pointed out there was of inflation .

These will be made in a span of 20 + years , that's fucking huge.

We have to wait for rfp , hope they hurry up things

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Cost of shortfin barracuda class sub for austrailia including TOT, SUBMARINE MANUFACTURING INFRA is 3 billion dollar per submarine

since we have french sub infra so cost will be 2-2.2 billion dollar per submarine

displacement of shortfin barracuda 4500 tons submerged

🤯🤯

In comparision kazan is yasen class ssn its per submarine cost is 1.5 billion dollars

including tot we can expect 3 billion dollar per submarine

displacement - 13800 tons submerged

https://thebarentsobserver.com/ru/node/993

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.58.56 AM.png

cost of whole p75i- 7billion dollars

are we making submarine or spaceship ??

Global Defence

New threads

Articles