North East Security Watch

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I have noticed they stick together a lot when they work in other parts of India eg the beauty parlors and restaurants. I have worked with a few restaurants and Nepali and N east cooks are often their first choice for certain cuisines but they say when 1 leaves the 5 or 6 along with that person follow suit too who agree to only work as a team.
A strength move. I am not saying that you guys need to simp to us, but several people have had negative experiences. Fortunately, I was never once personally discriminated against or hated while miraculously spending time in Delhi, Chandigarh, Shimla, Jaipur, etc, so I can't relate, but the weird stares are definitely annoying.

As a Sikkimese, it's not difficult since most people assume me to be "nepali, garhwali" and have a neutral reaction if they ask where I am from. But someone coming from interiors of Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, etc., feel vulnerable and naturally so.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
A strength move. I am not saying that you guys need to simp to us, but several people have had negative experiences. Fortunately, I was never once personally discriminated against or hated while miraculously spending time in Delhi, Chandigarh, Shimla, Jaipur, etc, so I can't relate, but the weird stares are definitely annoying.
Brother, I understand you, have been traveling and lived throughout India including different parts of North-East.

I have a darker complexion compared to average North-Indian folks, and I was constantly discriminated against in the North regarding my complexion and state of origin.
Then I moved to the South, and I was again discriminated against because I spoke "Hindi" and not their superior language, and apparently, I was a "North-Indian" (derogatory) to them.
Aftermath, I moved to NE (Assam), and then again I was called an outsider and "Bhaiya" (I am not a Bihari).

Toh I just stopped caring and instead started replying back to them equally. What I observed -
  • Racism is everywhere, especially subtle racism of local vs. non-local is everywhere. Once you start mingling with them it fades out, becomes just comedic or you just stop caring.
  • Stop being a hyper-sensitive SJW and things will get much better. Accept that you won't be celebrated everywhere.
  • The racism situation gets better once more and more people intermingle. Racism in major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore has toned down from that of my childhood, as more and more people are traveling pan-country to study and work.
The silver lining is, with NE being now being completely connected by train, we are already seeing a major outpour of NE folks towards western-Indian cities in search of work and education. This will make us more united and inclusive.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Brother, I understand you, have been traveling and lived throughout India including different parts of North-East.

I have a darker complexion compared to average North-Indian folks, and I was constantly discriminated against in the North regarding my complexion and state of origin.
Then I moved to the South, and I was again discriminated against because I spoke "Hindi" and not their superior language, and apparently, I was a "North-Indian" (derogatory) to them.
Aftermath, I moved to NE (Assam), and then again I was called an outsider and "Bhaiya" (I am not a Bihari).

Toh I just stopped caring and instead started replying back to them equally. What I observed -
  • Racism is everywhere, especially subtle racism of local vs. non-local is everywhere. Once you start mingling with them it fades out, becomes just comedic or you just stop caring.
  • Stop being a hyper-sensitive SJW and things will get much better. Accept that you won't be celebrated everywhere.
  • The racism situation gets better once more and more people intermingle. Racism in major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore has toned down from that of my childhood, as more and more people are traveling pan-country to study and work.
The silver lining is, with NE being now being completely connected by train, we are already seeing a major outpour of NE folks towards western-Indian cities in search of work and education. This will make us more united and inclusive.
You have said it very well
Racism is every where in India, however, it is the tone that matter.
I have been abused on few occasion in Mumbai and more in Delhi but that doesn't mean there is no racism in North East, there are two among themselves and outstider.
In office my colleuage would tuh chinky but that it is not racism that it more fun being closed call, but when you walk on the road and someone start calling you Momo and mocking than that is racism. It is just tonality and intentions.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

Racism classism casteism colorism that cross the threshold of friendly banter is always sad man.

Anyways.

00266bf3dab1a8a601cb2b14547df96ad6781e418c146cdb328fe6a2cd959da0.jpg

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
You have said it very well
Racism is every where in India, however, it is the tone that matter.
I have been abused on few occasion in Mumbai and more in Delhi but that doesn't mean there is no racism in North East, there are two among themselves and outstider.
In office my colleuage would tuh chinky but that it is not racism that it more fun being closed call, but when you walk on the road and someone start calling you Momo and mocking than that is racism. It is just tonality and intentions.
It is not just in India, human beings are programmed to be "racist" and find the differences. Trying to prove themselves as superior somehow, has been through time immemorial. Rich vs. poor, bourgeoisie vs. proletariat, white vs. black.

Developed countries are just good at hiding them. Ask someone who is living in America, they will tell you how white people are subtly very racist against Indians, Asians, and middle-eastern people, but will never speak or overtly show you. Blacks act as they are the persecuted race but are more racist than whites themselves.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Can make their way to Manipur and Nagaland
Now, this is the kind of shit I am worried about on our side of the border. Remote IEDs and drone-IEDs. Heavens forbid if this crap gets into the hands of NSCM. One attack with this would blow up any chances for future peace and will trigger out an all-out war inside the state and in the larger region. Hope that the government then has the balls to stand against these terror groups.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Only tamillians do that crap with language, against the apparent inferior Northern languages and Superior Tamil Language(which I completely agree with by the way)

tomthounaojam

Country flag

under the command of Sub. Y. Shakti Shen Singh, OC-CDO/BPR and under the supervision of Roni Mayengbam, MPS Addl. SP (Ops) Bishnupur and overall guidance of N. Herojit Meetei, IPS SP-Bishnupur have detained one TATA truck (6 wheel) bearing regd. No. AS-01FC-0271 on suspicion near Bishnupur Forest Gate along Bishnupur Khoupum road.
On spot verification, the driver of the TATA truck identified himself as Langpoklakpam Kiran Singh (29) S/O (L) L. Sachi Singh of Torbung Bangla Maning Leikai. On searching of the vehicle, 63(sixty three) packets of opium were recovered from the vehicle. On weighing all the 63(sixty-three) packets, it weighs around 49.7 kilograms
The above items were seized at 2.20 pm and the person was arrested after observing necessary formalities at 2.25 pm.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
1 PARA SF KIA according to this

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How is poor infrastructure in India related to Indians being racist to each other?
Poor infrastructure means poor movement of people and poor cultural exchanges and hence poor and backward mentality of people
people living in an area become and isolated community when they go outside they face racism

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles