Why are we not allowed to buy lands or freely move in North east India?

1971ftw

Country flag
I just found out about Inner line Permit

htps://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_Line_Permit

This is absurd and outrageous , down right racist. Why do we have to apply for visa type permits to freaking travel within my own country , roads and infrastructure built with taxes that we pay every day.

We can't buy lands there yet this isn't racist? I personally know entire areas in my city filled with north east people.

Is there any attempt to remove this frankly I'm disgusted that such outrageous discrimination is part of our Constitution.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I just found out about Inner line Permit

htps://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_Line_Permit

This is absurd and outrageous , down right racist. Why do we have to apply for visa type permits to freaking travel within my own country , roads and infrastructure built with taxes that we pay every day.

We can't buy lands there yet this isn't racist? I personally know entire areas in my city filled with north east people.

Is there any attempt to remove this frankly I'm disgusted that such outrageous discrimination is part of our Constitution.
It is to preserve homogeneity of the local population and it's people over there culture, land , etc over outsiders. nothing wrong with it. These laws are there for a reason.

cereal killer

Country flag
You have to realise that North East is indeed different.. Preservation of Culture etc is crucial. It's a extremely fragile area.
Technically there is a Island in Andamans North Sentinel & nobody has clearance to go even there. There are some things which are there for national unity & for the benefit of the people.

1971ftw

Country flag
It is to preserve homogeneity of the local population and it's people over there culture, land , etc over outsiders. nothing wrong with it. These laws are there for a reason.
Sounds exactly like supreemist nonsense, half of Bangalore and Hyderabad is filled with north Indians , culturally just as alien as north east . Should each state start kicking out other state people in the bs name of preserving "KuLcHa"?

It's daylight racial discrimination. It's we the people of India not we people of random state.

You have to realise that North East is indeed different.. Preservation of Culture etc is crucial. It's a extremely fragile area.
Technically there is a Island in Andamans North Sentinel & nobody has clearance to go even there. There are some things which are there for national unity & for the benefit of the people.
ILP states dont even pay or regulate taxes , their per capita income is better than most states , yet even millionaires don't pay taxes

-Nagas do not pay tax on income earned within the state

While I agree Inner line permit for tourism must go. It's racist and unnecessary. But settlers right and land right must stay with them to preserve their culture. Their population is so small. It's better for national integration.

In context of India ya, in context of the world hell no . Combined ILP states have a population of 7,728,825

it would be the 104th most populous country out of 235

Bigger than Norway,Laos , Denmark , Finland, omen etc

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Sounds exactly like supreemist nonsense, half of Bangalore and Hyderabad is filled with north Indians , culturally just as alien as north east . Should each state start kicking out other state people in the bs name of preserving "KuLcHa"?

It's daylight racial discrimination. It's we the people of India not we people of random state.

ILP states dont even pay or regulate taxes , their per capita income is better than most states , yet even millionaires don't pay taxes

In context of India ya, in context of the world hell no . Combined ILP states have a population of 7,728,825

The reason is regional separatism and GoI`s attempt to quell any sense of alienation of the Nagas. Nagaland was originally part of Assam state/NEFA but a militant tribal movement that sought independence from India led to the creation of Nagaland with certain safeguards for the local populace. One of the compromises was to allow Nagas their own free state where there would not be any encroachment from the non Naga populace.

The reason GoI is lenient on Nagas is due to the threat of Chinese intervention on behalf of the Nagas and also the fomenting of unrest by Western NGOs/Church missions that seek to carve an independent Nagaland out of India.

While I personally abhor such separatist compromises we have to keep the geopolitical considerations in mind when we look into such issues.

Last edited:

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The reason is regional separatism and GoI`s attempt to quell any sense of alienation of the Nagas. Nagaland was originally part of Assam state/NEFA but a militant tribal movement that sought independence from India led to the creation of Nagaland with certain safeguards for the local populace. One of the compromises was to allow Nagas their own free state where there would not ANY be encroachment from the non Naga populace.

The reason GoI is lenient on Nagas is due to the threat of Chinese intervention on behalf of the Nagas and also the fomenting of unrest by Western NGOs/Church missions that seek to carve an independent Nagaland out of India.

While I personally abhor such separatist compromises we have to keep the geopolitical considerations in mind when we look into such issues.
I believe we should not touch North East states let them remain intact. Regarding insurgency it's days are over.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

No it's not supremacist nonsense. NE states are not the only one with such laws. those laws are there for right reasons. Hyderabad , Bangalore, Mumbai , delhi etc are all metropolitan cities, completely different case. Indians are not ethnic , culturally same and country is a federation, one group can not be given advantage over the expense of other, there is a limit to how much twisting you can do with these laws without burning your hand.

1971ftw

Country flag
The reason is regional separatism and GoI`s attempt to quell any sense of alienation of the Nagas. Nagaland was originally part of Assam state/NEFA but a militant tribal movement that sought independence from India led to the creation of Nagaland with certain safeguards for the local populace. One of the compromises was to allow Nagas their own free state where there would not ANY be encroachment from the non Naga populace.

Giving into racial discrimination on demands of terrorists? Half the states in India have had the same demand , literally crushed by military and political power. If they think over 300 years of being part of the same country doesn't mean anything then they can go fuk themselves. Why should I be a second class citizen in my own country?

I can't express how xenophobic , racist, discriminatory this shit is. Entire India from media to politics whaled on Karnataka in the 90s when they were demanding to kick out Tamils in their state .

this entire region is xenophobic like this , facts

Myanmar extremist military government genociding and kicking out rohingya

bhutan kicking out 15% of its population saying they are ethical Nepalis

Assam north east extremist killing Hindus and Muslims in the thousands

And many more

I don't think it's a coincidence that people few hundred km from each other are so xenophobic to other races.

We should improve connectivity into these states , tunnels , bridges and rail networks and enforce integration , this isn't even a argument by this logic most urban regions in the world would gate out rural areas as other nations.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Giving into racial discrimination on demands of terrorists? Half the states in India have had the same demand , literally crushed by military and political power. If they think over 300 years of being part of the same country doesn't mean anything then they can go fuk themselves. Why should I be a second class citizen in my own country?

I can't express how xenophobic , racist, discriminatory this shit is. Entire India from media to politics whaled on Karnataka in the 90s when they were demanding to kick out Tamils in their state .

this entire region is xenophobic like this , facts

Myanmar extremist military government genociding and kicking out rohingya

bhutan kicking out 15% of its population saying they are ethical Nepalis

Assam north east extremist killing Hindus and Muslims in the thousands

And many more

I don't think it's a coincidence that people few hundred km from each other are so xenophobic to other races.

We should improve connectivity into these states , tunnels , bridges and rail networks and enforce integration , this isn't even a argument by this logic most urban regions in the world would gate out rural areas as other nations.
we have a Bangladeshi lumpa here, paper tayar rakhiyo NRC ke liye. :lol:

12arya

Country flag
bro, then how come conversion nazis r freely converting peps ovr there?

1971ftw

Country flag
No it's not supremacist nonsense. NE states are not the only one with such laws. those laws are there for right reasons. Hyderabad , Bangalore, Mumbai , delhi etc are all metropolitan cities, completely different case. Indians are not ethnic , culturally same and country is a federation, one group can not be given advantage over the expense of other, there is a limit to how much twisting you can do with these laws without burning your hand.
Tamils are as identical to Himachal , as my tie is identical to my socks. India is a melting pot and one of not the most diverse country on earth .

Don't talk as if we all are the same like some han Chinese propaganda , every region in India has its own unique history and culture, most of these culture overlap each other like North east culture

My home is my own country nonsense needs to stop , it will undoubtedly lead to a civil war sooner or later

1971ftw

Country flag
we have a Bangladeshi lumpa here, paper tayar rakhiyo NRC ke liye. :lol:
Translation? I'm not a Bangladeshi if that's what you are saying
bro, then how come conversion nazis r freely converting peps ovr there?
Irony falls on itself , I've seen videos churches openly supporting separatism. If it was in any other part of India they would be banned and imprisoned

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Tamils are as identical to Himachal , as my tie is identical to my socks. India is a melting pot and one of not the most diverse country on earth .

Don't talk as if we all are the same like some han Chinese propaganda , every region in India has its own unique history and culture, most of these culture overlap each other like North east culture

My home is my own country nonsense needs to stop , it will undoubtedly lead to a civil war sooner or later
Tamil and Himachali are not identical. Punjabi and Himachali are not identical either. Even Kashmiri is not identical to dogras from Jammu. you should find a living quarters in your own swamp land in Bangladesh bengali lumpay. NRC ke paper tayar rakhiyo :lol:.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Translation? I'm not a Bangladeshi if that's what you are saying

Irony falls on itself , I've seen videos churches openly supporting separatism. If it was in any other part of India they would be banned and imprisoned
you are a kangladeshi no doubt about it. NRC will dealing with all you lot soon.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag

THIS

The reason the law is not repealed is due to the presence of this church infiltration and danger of seperatism reigniting.also the violence is almost dead over there and is going our way and this limitation is fine and kept as we do t want to rock the boat.maybe in the future when the external actors are dealt with better then we can repeal this law,until then one at a time.

Also this law is a double edged sword,if we want we can use this to Enfotrce strict restrictions on muslims of Bangladesh from entering and settling under this excuse and use it as a precedent.also we can use this to stop the church infiltration provided that government has a will.

12arya

Country flag
THIS

The reason the law is not repealed is due to the presence of this church infiltration and danger of seperatism reigniting.also the violence is almost dead over there and is going our way and this limitation is fine and kept as we do t want to rock the boat.maybe in the future when the external actors are dealt with better then we can repeal this law,until then one at a time.

Also this law is a double edged sword,if we want we can use this to Enfotce strict restrictions on muslims of Bangladesh from entering and settling under this excuse and use it as a precedent.
Like it or not, CHURCH HAS ALREADY INFILTRATED!

Just look how many have been converted in NE. And none of this applies to rohingya rats who seem to b getting in without any issues.

In bangalore, most of the NE peps i have met r xtians.

All i see is an effort to keep hindus away and xtains and muzzies having a gala.

Rudy123

Country flag
While I agree Inner line permit for tourism must go. It's racist and unnecessary. But settlers right and land right must stay with them to preserve their culture. Their population is so small. It's better for national integration.
Apart from NE, line permits required in Sikkim too. It's a security requirement because of sensitivity. In past many foreigners were found intruding these areas with fake passports and some bangladeshi with fake aadhar card.

Cultural similarities with foreigners provide space for influence. Local population is not hostile to us like Kasmir and huge demography changes in Assam, delays further integration in near future. Also nearby border areas are hot and sensitive even if it does not come in news

1971ftw

Country flag
Tamil and Himachali are not identical. Punjabi and Himachali are not identical either. Even Kashmiri is not identical to dogras from Jammu.
They are not identical seriously don't argue this bs with me , culture has too many layers, AP -Tl split from itself saying they aren't identical , Karnataka and Tamils will raid your house if you say they are identical

you should find a living quarters in your own swamp land in Bangladesh bengali lumpay. NRC ke paper tayar rakhiyo :lol:.
U first Abdul

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles