MRCA news and dicussions Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Indian establishment does not want the russians upset for not getting a chunk of the mmrca. Mig-35 is officially out of the mmrca, but buying 50-60 fighters outside mmrca. Probably a good move to arrest shortfall and probable delays in mmrca winner and induction, but didnt the russians say that Mig-35 productions wont start b4 2014 ?
Productions will start after 2013 actually. IAF should get few squadrons of MIG35 & convert them for some deadly specific role. Now the question remains that will MIG35 be produced locally or brought down as ready-to-use. MOD/IAF will slowly remove the contenders one-by-one to make the final shortlist of maybe 3.

Last edited:

luckyy

"The final decision on the specific aircraft to be purchased will be political in nature and may only be taken at the end of 2012," the report said. It also claimed that if the Russian MiG is kept out of the final phase, "there might be a decision to buy 50-60 of them outside the tender process.
the report is just speculative ....

Last edited:

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I tend to agree with Rage here. It seems to be a complete giveaway.
The need for Russian appeasement will only come up if the deal favours America.

And I hope too that this speculation is incorrect.

Quickgun Murugan

This just killed it for me.

It seems like the fighter will be 'American'. For already, feelers are being thrown out for a possible consolation for Russia for "50-60 Mig-35s".

If it comes down to that, I'd rather see the F-16 C/D. From what I'm hearing, the Hornet has had terrible maintenance problems, with switching valves and hydraulic system migration issues and the extra weight and agility not exactly paying off at higher speeds. The only edge the F/A-18 might have is in terms of range, and we have deep strike aircraft already.

All in all, I'm disappointed. I hope to the good Lord I'm jumping the gun. And that by 'political', they don't necessarily mean American (I'm starting to think French might fit as well).

Oh common!! ACM made it clear that whoever is the MMRCA winner, it will be based on "merit" and not according to geo-political lines. If F-18 SH wins, it will be on merit.

What more flatter statement can he make?

Super hornet maintenance issues? All those issues were resolved and it latest rigorous air-frame and engine test reports are available for all to view. The report is pasted somewhere in this MMRCA thread itself. Just tired of people singing and re-iterating the same old F-18 maintenance issue saga.

bhramos

Country flag
MiG-35 ad for MRCA Tender

Last edited by a moderator:

icecoolben

MiG-35 ad for MRCA Tender

Like the Bhavana photo, but not the mig-35 order being speculated. After pakfa programme is completed, all su-27, and mig 29 will be replaced from Russian Air Force. and we would be stuck with mig 35, Russians would say, they had done away with the blue prints, no spares and no upgrades. Our media would be reporting mig 35 FLYING COFFIN-2.

Last edited by a moderator:

neo29

If at all the decision to buy 50-60 Mig-35 true, it would be better if it is made by russia and delivered to us in ready to use state. with an order of 126-200 fighter in mmrca, i dont think HAL has that many assembly lines and may delay both the mmrca and mig 35 projects.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If at all the decision to buy 50-60 Mig-35 true, it would be better if it is made by russia and delivered to us in ready to use state. with an order of 126-200 fighter in mmrca, i dont think HAL has that many assembly lines and may delay both the mmrca and mig 35 projects.
If Russia was going to buy MiG-35, they would have done it at MAKS-2009 like they said they would do. Russians know better than India just how many development problems they are having with the subsystems of this aircraft. I can guarantee you the OLS is crap because UOMZ can't make a decent optic to save their life. Plenty of questions still remain about the Zhuk AESA, like reducing the size and efficiency of the T/R modules. A 600+ module array isn't going to cut it. They still have yet to make a production frame fitted for specification as well. Russia doesn't want it and there are too many problems associated with this aircraft to give it a serious chance. If the maker won't buy it, why should you?

luckyy

. If the maker won't buy it, why should you?
they are getting the FGFA in 2015 , also they are not worried about the depleted strengh of fighter squadrens like the IAF...

USAF also not buying F-16 any more , but nobody say the same for them...

Last edited:

luckyy

all this anti-MIG-35 propoganda is seem to be originated by other vendors in mmrca who fear to loose the deal because their fighter is twics expansive then the MIG-35....

ok , we can get todays technology by buying these expensive plane , but then , after 15 years , when we need a upgrade...like the Mirage upgrade...we can't get the upgrade because that be expansive too...

other then MIG-35 the only aircraft that fits would be Eurofighter coz we will be partnering the project and upgrades will not be a problum , we will be paying the actual cost of upgrade rather then paying what is demaned by the vendor...

Last edited:

nags_simha

F 16, JaS 39 and Mig 35 are out of race... I think F18 has the best chance of winning the MRCA. IAF would be more than pleased to have F-18 at its disposal. IAF always wanted American technology but were never granted the same for Geo-political reasons. Also Rafale is too expensive & Typhoon(Tranche 3) is behind schedule in Major upgrades required to meet MRCA criteria. Russian is not buying Mig 35 then why should we?. The MRCA came into picture because IAF severely handicapped by Russian origin Aircrafts and there inherent problems of maintainability, availability of spares etc. Partnering with Boeing would be major boost HAL production capabilities. F-18 production lines will be open till 2030. IF France can work out on the price, the next best plane would be the Rafale.
Though Typhoon is good air dominance fighter, but sucks in ground attack mode.
My bet is on F-18 and the spin-off of this GE-414 engine for LCA"¦

neo29

If Russia was going to buy MiG-35, they would have done it at MAKS-2009 like they said they would do. Russians know better than India just how many development problems they are having with the subsystems of this aircraft. I can guarantee you the OLS is crap because UOMZ can't make a decent optic to save their life. Plenty of questions still remain about the Zhuk AESA, like reducing the size and efficiency of the T/R modules. A 600+ module array isn't going to cut it. They still have yet to make a production frame fitted for specification as well. Russia doesn't want it and there are too many problems associated with this aircraft to give it a serious chance. If the maker won't buy it, why should you?
If all these problems exists, then logically its best not to buy. But surely establishment must be knowing of all these problems and deciding to take after have spares and maintenance issue with mig-29s. Either they have a solution or they just cant see russia unhappy.

Last edited:

EagleOne

EFTyphoon Customers Get New Helmet Mounted Symbology System

Eurofighter Statement: The photo above shows BAE Systems test pilot Nat Makepeace wearing the new HMSS helmet for the Eurofighter air display at Farnborough 2010. In July 2010 the UK Royal Air Force, Spanish Air Force, Italian Air Force and the German Luftwaffe began taking delivery of the most advanced Helmet Mounted Symbology System (HMSS) which will form a key component of their Eurofighter Typhoon weapon systems

JHA

In some other forum some one was saying that eventually we will buy 300 MRCA planes whuch exceeds my own estimate my 100 .
Considering that we will buy atleast 200 of these , will it not be a wise decision to divide between two planes. My vote goes to SH+EF..

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
In some other forum some one was saying that eventually we will buy 300 MRCA planes whuch exceeds my own estimate my 100 .
Considering that we will buy atleast 200 of these , will it not be a wise decision to divide between two planes. My vote goes to SH+EF..
300 mmrca, not a chance!

for now we should live with 126, the official figure. further orders if any will depend on how lca markII and pakfa/fgfa move ahead and then there is amca which would have picked up some steam by the mid of this decade, i seriously doubt we will do more than 126, certainly not with antony as raksha mantri, incase congress was to win the next election and he was to be retained in the same portfolio.

EagleOne

me to read it but now IAF want 5th gen fighter so many not be up to 300 ...may go for 200 at max ..

http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/sh...rials-Over-IAF-moves-on-to-Helicopter-Trials:

p.s : contradiction news more clarification need

Last edited:

Agantrope

me to read it but now IAF want 5th gen fighter so many not be up to 300 ...may go for 200 at max ..

p.s : contradiction news more clarification need
May go up to 300 as IAF planned to retire the MiG-27 soon, still these numbers are speculative.

Just imagining what thing this guys will have on the numbers as 300 :O. Might be a reason that all are fighting :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles