LOC, LAC & IB warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHurtLocker

Country flag
:rofl:
The uniformed Jehadis look demoralized as fuck!
Colonel Jehadi hints at how the Indian Army has been pummeling them and also states that this has reached a new peak after the Uri Terrorist attack last year.
My erdoo is poor but I believe the Colonel said(From 4:05) something to the tune of "It's been close to year now!" :pound:

Last edited:

aditya g

Country flag
I think its also important to note and appreciate the vulnerability of IA and BSF to so called BATs.

1. Own troops are deployed in a counter-infiltration pattern, characterized by:

(a) small posts with thin manning
(b) troops heavily engaged in patrol and area domination (i.e. out in the open more often)

This is in comparison to PA posts which are spread out, heavily fortified and have high troop strength, as they simply do not have any risk from infiltration. Ofcourse, for trans-LC ops we exploit this to our advantage.

2. PA can combine BAT command action and suppressive fire from their posts due to close proximity of posts.

Imagine a section of men sprung by waiting jehadis and simultaneous attack by MG fire from posts. Everytime this happens the section is bound to loose a couple of men.

3. PA has an asrsenal of expendable, low cost jehadis backed up by proper Army troops. We dont have expendable troops so we are the ones bound to suffer losses.

In plainspeak our boys are vulnerable and relatively easy targets for PA to stage BAT attacks.

Its usage is for studying primarily, A deep recce is usually conducted with these cams before prior a major coordinated attack, A recorded clip back at their base shows:

1. Gaps in defense which can be used for infiltration, Counter tactics to defeat carefully layed defense such as electrics fence and warning measures both electronic and improvised..

2. Detail are drawn for ambushes and mine laying ..

3. Real time routine and routes of our patrols so does our installations ..

4. Training for terrorists and newbies at their Academy, Which shows live ambushes and our tactics which are used to counter it ..

Never underestimate your enemy intelligence specially in counter insurgency warfare, Enemy always learn quickly to adapt according to environment ..

==========

The body they dragged away had something more valuable then just the corpse, It is conform that these operations are being conducted at very ground level with SF and Local regular / irregular units ..
Very well brought by @Kunal Biswas . This is the second time when a Go pro has been recovered and for the first time when it has been recovered from the body of a piggie.
The cam was not giving any live feed ti their HQs. The terrorist have long been making videos of thiers acts its pretty common and as discussed above are used for multiple purposes.

Secondly alot question regarding BAT and its composition have floating in the thread and i would like to throw some light on it.

At the LOC the Mujahid Battalions are posted at the forwards post and are supported by elements of Regular Army. If you ask me which are better of the two in terms of area knowledge and experience i would say The Mujahids any day. There are no peace postings for them they keep rotating at LOC only and usually have a tenure of 3 years.

3 years back it was decided by the Local Pak army commaders that they need shock troops for OFFENSIVE DEFENCE in order to dominate the LOC for which they initially formed small teams of Trts whi would infiltrate and carryout Beheading ( inception of BATS)
These local terrorists are nothing but porters during day time and jihadis during night.

Now with increased surveillance on our side and much aggresivness they have been deployed the assault teams of SSG at various location specially in areas where threat perception is at the highest level.

And so now the teams are mixed compostion of Jihadis and SF. And trust me they attempt a BAT every forthnightly but are failing. Those successful are in news so the Army is doing a exceptional job at the LOC.

Many members out here want to bomb the pak with 155 ATAGS and what not they are questioning the leadership my request would b go through old reports of Pak army cas on this thread only instead of ranting like a Parrot.

Every move in todays world is calculated and weighed and the credit for this situation goes to the previous Govts.

aditya g

Country flag
This is exactly the message we need to send out to Paki quom and jernails. We will extract price for all misadventures.

:rofl:
The uniformed Jehadis look demoralized as fuck!
Colonel Jehadi hints at how the Indian Army has been pummeling them and also states that this has reached a new peak after the Uri Terrorist attack last year.
My erdoo is poor but I believe the Colonel said(From 4:05) something to the tune of "It's been close to year now!" :pound:

Tarun Kumar

My question is that are we fighting this war imaginatively. LOC is just like trench warfare zone of WW1. Putting patrols bang on LOC will make them vulnerable to ambush. Secondly if there is an ambush, why hasnt the army retaliated so far with counter raids? Why isnt artillery assault being expanded and destroyed posts allowed to be reconstructed by porkis. Frankly we will keep seeing this happening every month unless we pull up our socks and army leadership thinks imaginatively.

TheHurtLocker

Country flag
My question is that are we fighting this war imaginatively.
No, I believe this is a War of Attrition.
Attrition warfare is a military strategy consisting of belligerent attempts to win a war by wearing down the enemy to the point of collapse through continuous losses in personnel and material.
LOC is just like trench warfare zone of WW1.
A better term would be Guerilla Warfare. We are a long way away from Trench warfare, battling with a disciplined Army with morals.
All we are doing here is exterminating indoctrinated young fucks supported by a quasi Jehadi force that CANNOT face the Indian Army in a conventional theatre of war.

why hasnt the army retaliated so far with counter raids? Why isnt artillery assault being expanded and destroyed posts allowed to be reconstructed by porkis.
How do you know that the Army has not retaliated?

Frankly we will keep seeing this happening every month unless we pull up our socks and army leadership thinks imaginatively.
:pound:
Your advice is taken into consideration Field Marshal.

pankaj nema

Country flag
My question is that are we fighting this war imaginatively. LOC is just like trench warfare zone of WW1. Putting patrols bang on LOC will make them vulnerable to ambush. Secondly if there is an ambush, why hasnt the army retaliated so far with counter raids? Why isnt artillery assault being expanded and destroyed posts allowed to be reconstructed by porkis. Frankly we will keep seeing this happening every month unless we pull up our socks and army leadership thinks imaginatively.

There was a news that as soon as we see a build up
of numbers in any post we open Pre emptive fire with 120 Mm and 105 mm Guns

Right now they have been forced to move back as we have destroyed a lot of their forward posts and bunkers

If the enemy opens up 155 mm ; then of course we will respond

Looks like we are happy to kill their men in the forward areas

155 mm would be a big escalation that will be accompanied
by MBRLs and Air strikes

It will be all or nothing

Poseidon

Country flag
Forget LoC casualties, Paki gov't also hides real number of casualties in major bomb blasts.
In the recent Parachinar bombing at least 90 died but authorities are down playing the toll as 67:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
LOC is made of many tiers of defense, The one which you are mentioning are very early tiers mostly improvised, The entire purpose of these tiers are to contain and kill terrorist and regular forces if entered, though it is very evident that IA is at its limits, when its come to looking into CT operations both at rural and isolated areas so does urban, Indian Paramilitary is meant to take over urban areas which could release some stress from Army.

===========

What ?

I think its also important to note and appreciate the vulnerability of IA and BSF to so called BATs.

1. Own troops are deployed in a counter-infiltration pattern, characterized by:

(a) small posts with thin manning
(b) troops heavily engaged in patrol and area domination (i.e. out in the open more often)

This is in comparison to PA posts which are spread out, heavily fortified and have high troop strength, as they simply do not have any risk from infiltration. Ofcourse, for trans-LC ops we exploit this to our advantage.

2. PA can combine BAT command action and suppressive fire from their posts due to close proximity of posts.

Imagine a section of men sprung by waiting jehadis and simultaneous attack by MG fire from posts. Everytime this happens the section is bound to loose a couple of men.

3. PA has an asrsenal of expendable, low cost jehadis backed up by proper Army troops. We dont have expendable troops so we are the ones bound to suffer losses.

In plainspeak our boys are vulnerable and relatively easy targets for PA to stage BAT attacks.
So you saw the video from that helmet mounted camera?

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
My question is that are we fighting this war imaginatively. LOC is just like trench warfare zone of WW1. Putting patrols bang on LOC will make them vulnerable to ambush.

Secondly if there is an ambush, why hasnt the army retaliated so far with counter raids? Why isnt artillery assault being expanded and destroyed posts allowed to be reconstructed by porkis. Frankly we will keep seeing this happening every month unless we pull up our socks and army leadership thinks imaginatively.
How do you know that we are not doing that already? We are!

And do keep in mind that at places the wire fencing is 400-600m on own side of the LoC due to the terrain config. So these gaps/spaces need to be dominated by active patrolling to prevent Paki encroachments. The Pakis know this and thus their BATs wait for opportunity ambushes. It gets tough during night hours where the ambush party has the advantage.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Just one question...............

Why you think Pakis have not yet used any heavy arty or MRLS against any Indian posts?

captscooby81

Country flag
You are bunch of Evils how brutal you are in punching holes and chopping off piggies heads ..Show some mercy next time just grill them inserting rod in the right place ..Deep fried salted pork might smell yummy for the Mard e Chowmein s ....:clap2:

Holes were punched in different areas, Sweet old piggie head was taken out

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Ladies and Gentlemen Para has carried out a raid on 23rd opposite the same area where d BAT action took place in poonch 3 heads have rolled.

I hope we keep killing these mullas like this.
Too early to explore space; too late to explore the world; just the right time to watch mullas getting slaughtered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles