Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
People will design all type of crap and shit when asked to make a prototype .
And why does army gets itself involved in these types of shit do they have no other job .
The have to pretend they are working for make in India at last they have to buy sigs and aks only

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
When are we giving more orders for Negev?Cause our LMG game rn is too weak.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Regarding Negev, I don't know where you guys are based, but here in Manipur in the last 3 months INSAS LMG has been almost out of the picture it is all Negev here. I will be heading back to Mumbai, now so won't be able to give a report from the conflict zone for the time being.

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
Regarding Negev, I don't know where you guys are based, but here in Manipur in the last 3 months INSAS LMG has been almost out of the picture it is all Negev here. I will be heading back to Mumbai, now so won't be able to give a report from the conflict zone for the time being.
16k+ were ordered I have seen some with garuds(their ones are well equipped negevs)so if there is like 15k I think most of it went to the north east sector and some in northern cause troops are still using INSAS LMG also haven’t really seen any negevs with para they are still using pika i have seen one with a very well equipped Negev used by dirty dozens but thats it we need more orders like atleast 50k-1L to fulfill our requirements
IMG_0811.jpeg

tomthounaojam

Country flag
16k+ were ordered I have seen some with garuds(their ones are well equipped negevs)so if there is like 15k I think most of it went to the north east sector and some in northern cause troops are still using INSAS LMG also haven’t really seen any negevs with para they are still using pika i have seen one with a very well equipped Negev used by dirty dozens but thats it we need more orders like atleast 50k-1L to fulfill our requirements
I think I am getting old lol, in age so far I have seen 3 LMGs being changed. When I was small while going to KV school, I could see the army with LMG Bren with a bike helmet and whistle, and also the first time I saw CRPF with Ak-47 with double magazine taped by a bright blue tape this was around 1993-94 then after a few years later when the insurgency began to pick up I saw INSAS LMG but no longer Bike helmet but Helmet and goggle and also Manipur police with INSAS as well but also I see most them switching their 20 round mags with 30 rounds and now 2024 INSAS and Bren is gone and INSAS with new MKU helmet and the army doesn't look like ragtag like before, actually the digital pattern which we frown a lot here in the forum look actually nice in Jungle environment here also, while in Imphal airport I see a Negev operator with B&T MP9 am not so sure it is standard issues but guess here since LMG is mounted on a vehicle must be a personal sidearm in a conflict area. However, what I noticed is unlike in JK sector, here most of the troops don't have optics mounted on their guns.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
16k+ were ordered I have seen some with garuds(their ones are well equipped negevs)so if there is like 15k I think most of it went to the north east sector and some in northern cause troops are still using INSAS LMG also haven’t really seen any negevs with para they are still using pika i have seen one with a very well equipped Negev used by dirty dozens but thats it we need more orders like atleast 50k-1L to fulfill our requirementsView attachment 257132
Garud Commandos Negevs are the NG5 variant chambered in 5.56x45 NATO and are older than the Army’s NG7 variants chambered in 7.62x51 NATO.

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
I think I am getting old lol, in age so far I have seen 3 LMGs being changed. When I was small while going to KV school, I could see the army with LMG Bren with a bike helmet and whistle, and also the first time I saw CRPF with Ak-47 with double magazine taped by a bright blue tape this was around 1993-94 then after a few years later when the insurgency began to pick up I saw INSAS LMG but no longer Bike helmet but Helmet and goggle and also Manipur police with INSAS as well but also I see most them switching their 20 round mags with 30 rounds and now 2024 INSAS and Bren is gone and INSAS with new MKU helmet and the army doesn't look like ragtag like before, actually the digital pattern which we frown a lot here in the forum look actually nice in Jungle environment here also, while in Imphal airport I see a Negev operator with B&T MP9 am not so sure it is standard issues but guess here since LMG is mounted on a vehicle must be a personal sidearm in a conflict area. However, what I noticed is unlike in JK sector, here most of the troops don't have optics mounted on their guns.
Sir you will never be too old to follow defence, in the community when you have ppl like me who have very less knowledge compared to you we need experienced ppl like you to keep this working until we get older and join your squad lol. Also if we are talking about memory I also remember when I saw my first x95 back in between 2015-19 don’t know the exact date for me it was such a cool gun because i always saw INSAS and Baretta he didn’t let me hold it (for obvious reasons)but I got my interest in guns from their.

Last edited:

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
Garud Commandos Negevs are the NG5 variant chambered in 5.56x45 NATO and are older than the Army’s NG7 variants chambered in 7.62x51 NATO.
But garud ones are pretty well equipped while iam yet to see an infantry soldier with Negev which atleast has a sight on it.

RDXChauhan

Country flag
16k+ were ordered I have seen some with garuds(their ones are well equipped negevs)so if there is like 15k I think most of it went to the north east sector and some in northern cause troops are still using INSAS LMG also haven’t really seen any negevs with para they are still using pika i have seen one with a very well equipped Negev used by dirty dozens but thats it we need more orders like atleast 50k-1L to fulfill our requirementsView attachment 257132
What's the optic, and is that some LAM

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles