Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Regarding Negev, I don't know where you guys are based, but here in Manipur in the last 3 months INSAS LMG has been almost out of the picture it is all Negev here. I will be heading back to Mumbai, now so won't be able to give a report from the conflict zone for the time being.
Very recently i was chatting with one particular guntuber (not the psuedo ones with lots of money and no knowledge).He told me that Negevs are complex and somewhat bulky when compared with PKM and said still today PKs are undoubtedly the best Gpmg if properly modded.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I think I am getting old lol, in age so far I have seen 3 LMGs being changed. When I was small while going to KV school, I could see the army with LMG Bren with a bike helmet and whistle, and also the first time I saw CRPF with Ak-47 with double magazine taped by a bright blue tape this was around 1993-94 then after a few years later when the insurgency began to pick up I saw INSAS LMG but no longer Bike helmet but Helmet and goggle and also Manipur police with INSAS as well but also I see most them switching their 20 round mags with 30 rounds and now 2024 INSAS and Bren is gone and INSAS with new MKU helmet and the army doesn't look like ragtag like before, actually the digital pattern which we frown a lot here in the forum look actually nice in Jungle environment here also, while in Imphal airport I see a Negev operator with B&T MP9 am not so sure it is standard issues but guess here since LMG is mounted on a vehicle must be a personal sidearm in a conflict area. However, what I noticed is unlike in JK sector, here most of the troops don't have optics mounted on their guns.
Firing a bren in burst mode is an experience worth the time.One of the few Indian made weapons which never jams and pretty accurate too.Almost all those veterans of 60s 70s and 80s era still loves the bren.

sydsnyper

Country flag
Firing a bren in burst mode is an experience worth the time.One of the few Indian made weapons which never jams and pretty accurate too.Almost all those veterans of 60s 70s and 80s era still loves the bren.
Hello sir. I had fired a bren during my NCC days and found it quite controllable. There are several videos of people firing it in burst mode while walking and it probably is the BEST LMG of WW2 (followed by MG34 and 42), robust platform, quick barrel change. Can't it be modded and rebuilt to function as standard issue LMG for IA... provided something is done about the top loaded magazine.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Hello sir. I had fired a bren during my NCC days and found it quite controllable. There are several videos of people firing it in burst mode while walking and it probably is the BEST LMG of WW2 (followed by MG34 and 42), robust platform, quick barrel change. Can't it be modded and rebuilt to function as standard issue LMG for IA... provided something is done about the top loaded magazine.
it's already been done and it's called MAG 58 aka our MMG of Bhairo Singh 😅

as for LMG, don't we have that OFB project of turning MAG 58 based belt fed LMG ?
1717953541901.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles