LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
For what ive seen in the ADA brochure, i wouldnt be suprised that in the upcoming years, they could offer everything.
If you don't Mind could you please send the Link to the ADA brochure which you are referring to? I can't seem to find it. Please send

Super Flanker

Israeli Radar will be expensive, using Uttam AESA Radar will be economical. With Uttam AESA Radar we can offer better integration of sub-systems and EW suite. Offer Indian weapons. Boost Indian defense R&D and production.
The list of advantage are enormous compared to the fear mongering that Bangladesh will back-stab us.

We should offer our entire indigenous package. This will help keep cost down and will have less logistic issues. We and client will have to deal with less sub-vendors. It will also give boost to our domestic defense industry (both R&D and production) and we shall have some marketing regarding our products and improve the confidence of Indian manufactured defense equipment world-wide.
Really? Than that is good. Unfortunately I was thinking too much about Bangladesh turning against India because you know that they are becoming more and more anti-India day by day.
Anyways we have lost the Malaysian Tender also

Thanks.

Super Flanker

Waiting for a day when tejas start getting exported.
India needs to start exporting its Tejas to bring down their production cost down. It will benefit the IAF as the cost per jet will reduce. The minus point of this is that they have to wait as the production will be focussed on the export orders first.(I hope we get some export orders for LCA Tejas hopefully)

Roland55

Country flag
If you don't Mind could you please send the Link to the ADA brochure which you are referring to? I can't seem to find it. Please send
I think its this one, its been a while since last time i saw it.
What i mainly mean with offer quite some stuff, is that with the increase of more indigeous parts or certain equipment (lets say a tray to carry drop tanks or a sim, etc) its easier to offer a whole package that requires less foregin intervention.

Super Flanker

I think its this one, its been a while since last time i saw it.
What i mainly mean with offer quite some stuff, is that with the increase of more indigeous parts or certain equipment (lets say a tray to carry drop tanks or a sim, etc) its easier to offer a whole package that requires less foregin intervention.
Yes correct. Also with export of Missiles we should export Missile blankings(Those red things which you see covering different Parts of Missiles). The Missile Tray, Blankings and also training rounds of Missiles/Bombs should be offered by us. More Indigenous offerings.

By the way thank you for sharing the link of the Brochure. Appreciate it a lot.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Full Capability? In the sense? I know one thing though that Bangladesh has good Relations with Russia so We can offer Tejas with Russian Missiles like R-73 as WVR Missiles.

Also can Tejas Carry Kh-35 and Kh-59MK? These two missiles can be offered as Anti-Ship Missile Package and Astra MK-1 can be offered as BVR(No Derby because Bangladesh will probably not be willing to buy because of Israel-Bangladesh relations) Please tell me because the Weopon package is a mystery to me.
We should promote Indian weapons instead of Russian weapons. For us their is nothing to gain from promoting Russian weapons.
My list would be
  1. Astra Mk1. and Mk. 2 (in future)
  2. Astra IR (in future)
  3. DRDO Glide Bombs (in future)
  4. DRDO SAAW (in future)
  5. Tactical Advanced Range Augmentation (TARA) guidance kit (in future)
  6. Naval Anti-Ship Missile Short Range (NASM-SR) (in future)
  7. Rudram - 1

Roland55

Country flag
Yes correct. Also with export of Missiles we should export Missile blankings(Those red things which you see covering different Parts of Missiles). The Missile Tray, Blankings and also training rounds of Missiles/Bombs should be offered by us. More Indigenous offerings.

By the way thank you for sharing the link of the Brochure. Appreciate it a lot.
No problem, i might check later so i can see if the Brochure i had was any different. But yeah, i think the more equipment it can be offered, the better.

Super Flanker

We should promote Indian weapons instead of Russian weapons. For us their is nothing to gain from promoting Russian weapons.
My list would be
  1. Astra Mk1. and Mk. 2 (in future)
  2. Astra IR (in future)
  3. DRDO Glide Bombs (in future)
  4. DRDO SAAW (in future)
  5. Tactical Advanced Range Augmentation (TARA) guidance kit (in future)
  6. Naval Anti-Ship Missile Short Range (NASM-SR) (in future)

See these missiles and Armaments are all not ready as of current. They are in their various stages of development.

These all will be coming in the future so it will take time for them to Materialize. For the Time being we can offer Tejas with Russian Weopons package and after the Indigenous Weopons you have named have been fully developed and Integrated in Tejas, we can than offer those.

Super Flanker

Oh this? I was not aware that this was the Official ADA brochure. I had seen this long back like few days back. By the way we need to improve our Brochure designs and make them more attractive.

Also we should make some good promotional videos with better quality (Like add a foreign English speaker)
Like look at the voice in these promo videos, we should have something like this.

Roland55

Country flag
@Super Flanker Well...i just did a fast check and i got 3... yeah

(mind the FCE practice tests :lol: )

BTW: The final and the one from 2015 are quite similar, the 2021 is the one i remember more

Attachments

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Oh this? I was not aware that this was the Official ADA brochure. I had seen this long back like few days back. By the way we need to improve our Brochure designs and make them more attractive.

Also we should make some good promotional videos with better quality (Like add a foreign English speaker)
Like look at the voice in these promo videos, we should have something like this.
It is more of a propaganda than promotional video.
Who buys fighter jets. It will be a country's air-force. Common people like you and me don't decide on any thing.
Air-Force while buying looks at technical specification in detail and how the platform will satisfy/fulfill its needs.
Governments looks at the political/diplomatic capital the purchase will bring.
Neither of these two bodies are affected by such videos.

That being said ADA and DRDO must market their products way better.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
See these missiles and Armaments are all not ready as of current. They are in their various stages of development.

These all will be coming in the future so it will take time for them to Materialize. For the Time being we can offer Tejas with Russian Weopons package and after the Indigenous Weopons you have named have been fully developed and Integrated in Tejas, we can than offer those.
We are also selling Tejas in future. Its up to ADA and DRDO to get these weapon system operational before sale has been competed.

Super Flanker

It is more of a propaganda than promotional video.
Who buys fighter jets. It will be a country's air-force. Common people like you and me don't decide on any thing.
Air-Force while buying looks at technical specification in detail and how the platform will satisfy/fulfill its needs.
Governments looks at the political/diplomatic capital the purchase will bring.
Neither of these two bodies are affected by such videos.
I know that when Buying any kind of Fighter Aircraft, that respective Airforce will look at the technical specifications and see if the Aircraft Specifications Fullfils their Requirement criteria and for a government, buying Aircrafts comes with a political/Diplomatic blessings but if we want to Export any type of product we need to also improve on our marketing strategy. That is what I am trying to stress on.

Have you looked at the promotional videos of SAAB, Boeing, Lockheed Martin etc promoting their various products? We too need that. I won't be considering that Propoganda.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are also selling Tejas in future. Its up to ADA and DRDO to get these weapon system operational before sale has been competed.
Hopefully these Weopons are developed on Time. Best wishes to ADA and DRDO in Developments.

maximus777

Country flag
Full Capability? In the sense? I know one thing though that Bangladesh has good Relations with Russia so We can offer Tejas with Russian Missiles like R-73 as WVR Missiles.

Also can Tejas Carry Kh-35 and Kh-59MK? These two missiles can be offered as Anti-Ship Missile Package and Astra MK-1 can be offered as BVR(No Derby because Bangladesh will probably not be willing to buy because of Israel-Bangladesh relations) Please tell me because the Weopon package is a mystery to me.
If HAL/DRDO can really interface with such a multitude of systems with Tejas, they must be serious genius level jugaadus. Wonder why they dont apply the same level of lateral thinking into the actual research itself? :hmm:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles