Know Your 'Rafale'

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
The same source? Nah! You are mistaken. BTW, even you know, the Rafale file has been cleared due to political expediency than all round merit of the aircraft. Modi just kept a gentleman's promise. That's all. Rafale chapter is closed.
hi hi hi....:pound::crying::laugh::rofl:gentleman agreement ? :hehe:

Le's take a bet !

I'm sure there will be add on. As I was sure India finally ordered Rafale.

Speak with some forumer : Smestarz, StealthFlanker.... I win my first bet ! As the next one.

Scarface

This is very high level of wishful thinking
Believing that more Rafales are going to be bought when all the indications , including a clear cut statement from the defence minister showing what his views are on Rafale point to the contrary

I don't think anyone had any doubts about the 36 Rafales,it was a promise our PM made to France and I'm sure most people knew it was going to be kept

I'm not ruling out the Rafale right now despite the defence minister clearly saying that the bigger deal will not happen but to say Rafale is the only possibility when it's the unlikely one is absurd

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
This is very high level of wishful thinking
Believing that more Rafales are going to be bought when all the indications , including a clear cut statement from the defence minister showing what his views are on Rafale point to the contrary

I don't think anyone had any doubts about the 36 Rafales,it was a promise our PM made to France and I'm sure most people knew it was going to be kept

I'm not ruling out the Rafale right now despite the defence minister clearly saying that the bigger deal will not happen but to say Rafale is the only possibility when it's the unlikely one is absurd
Any doubt? Read previous posts. There was quite only DOUBTS !!! You are not serious Bro.

StealthFlanker

Country flag
answer :
Yes you can. With satelite (the battery must not move), with spy plane (probably 2), or with special troops on the ground.
Dont you See the problem we have here ? , modern SAM batteries are not statics , and they can be relocated ( sure they dont move that often but still )

vishwaprasad

Country flag
YES and I still feel that Rafale is just Pak specific, ,, most of IAF is PAK specific
And in all honestly even MiG-29 we have is way better than their best plane F-16 block 52

The only interesting thing for me is how would Rafale ever go against Chinese Su-30 MKK or Su-35 or would IAF keep them in central India away from all action.

In case we have spent so high for such a plane, it better show results against China., As for Pakistam we are already full covered on all bases.

MII? 2 decades give or take 5 years?
MIG-29 better than block 52 F-16? with AMARRAM in kitty F-16 is a threat to MKI... I am not saying that Fulcrum has no chance against F-16 but calling it way better than modern F-16 is seriously underestimating this great fighter... Rafale getting a chance against MKK? with whatever specs I know about Rafale I know that these Rafales or Typhoon types fighters will take those Flankers out there for lunch....; I mean common on one hand you guys are convinced that MIG-29 is way better than modern F-16 but almost a generation ahead of F 16 , Rafale is sitting duck against Chinese Flanker series...

Scarface

L
Any doubt? Read previous posts. There was quite only DOUBTS !!! You are not serious Bro.
No there wasn't,
Not about the 36 Rafales,All doubts of people here were cleared by PM in France

There were and still remain doubts for the follow up order

Bahamut

MIG-29 better than block 52 F-16? with AMARRAM in kitty F-16 is a threat to MKI... I am not saying that Fulcrum has no chance against F-16 but calling it way better than modern F-16 is seriously underestimating this great fighter... Rafale getting a chance against MKK? with whatever specs I know about Rafale I know that these Rafales or Typhoon types fighters will take those Flankers out there for lunch....; I mean common on one hand you guys are convinced that MIG-29 is way better than modern F-16 but almost a generation ahead of F 16 , Rafale is sitting duck against Chinese Flanker series...
MKI meet typhoon and the result was a typhoon massacre. MIG 29UPG is good Mach for F 16 block 52.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Dassault Rafale Not In Race For 'Make in India' Fighter Aircraft Project

The French Dassault which clinched the biggest export deal with India for its Rafale fighter jet, is not in the running for now to manufacture the same fighters under the ‘Make In India’ Program.

The IAF has received “unsolicited offers” from Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Saab for building their fighters in India - the F-16 Block 70, F/A-18 Super Hornet and the Gripen E respectively, the Chief of the Indian Air Force, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha said during the course of a press conference in New Delhi yesterday.

“This is very much on the table and I’m sure whoever gives the best deal [will win]. All the aircraft are very capable, so it will depend upon who provides the best transfer of technology; and, of course, the price tag. It’s on the table; nothing is decided as yet.”

Raha added: “This will not be just licensed manufacture. It will be proper transfer of technology with India becoming a hub for manufacturing, as well as maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) for other air forces in the region.”

Under Indian Prime Minister Narandra Modi’s initiative, India scrapped a previous tender to procure 136 Rafale jets and instead opted for 36 jets off-the-shelf. All the aircraft will be built in France and shipped to India. France and Dassault will offer depot-level maintenance in India to ensure a high operational level.

Under the Make-in-India initiative for which Lockheed Martin, Saab and Boeing have made offers, the aircraft are to be built in India to meet IAF requirement as well cater to export markets.

Lockheed Martin and Saab both have offered to set up manufacturing facilities with full transfer of technology to Indian entities involved with them in the manufacture.

http://defencenews.in/article/Dassa...r-Make-in-India-Fighter-Aircraft-Project-8562

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
hi hi hi....:pound::crying::laugh::rofl:gentleman agreement ? :hehe:

Le's take a bet !

I'm sure there will be add on. As I was sure India finally ordered Rafale.

Speak with some forumer : Smestarz, StealthFlanker.... I win my first bet ! As the next one.
Like it or not. As far as India is concerned, last rites of Rafale have already been performed in South Block. Now, you have to direct your energy & attention to Indonesia. And yes, I am not a gambler by profession, so I don't wager....

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Dont you See the problem we have here ? , modern SAM batteries are not statics , and they can be relocated ( sure they dont move that often but still )
A SAM battery, like S300/400 need to stop to deploy itself, deploy and open the radar.... During this time some special force can locate it to guide a strike.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Like it or not. As far as India is concerned, last rites of Rafale have already been performed in South Block. Now, you have to direct your energy & attention to Indonesia. And yes, I am not a gambler by profession, so I don't wager....
Excuse me, but even if I think Modi is a gentleman, he wouldn't take planes for nearly 8 billions to pleased to President Hollande.
India need these kind of planes. That's all.

StealthFlanker

Country flag
In Air to Air combat..........................
How come ?
A SAM battery, like S300/400 need to stop to deploy itself, deploy and open the radar.... During this time some special force can locate it to guide a strike.
Take about 20-30 minutes to do that , and you dont always have special force 400-500 km inside a country territories

smestarz

Country flag
In most attributes, ability to dogfight,, if you feel thats important, ability to lock on F-16 at much longer ranges.
Further we are getting spares, not sure if PAF is getting spares for their F-16
In what way that Mig-29 is ways better than F-16 block 52?

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
In most attributes, ability to dogfight,, if you feel thats important, ability to lock on F-16 at much longer ranges.
Further we are getting spares, not sure if PAF is getting spares for their F-16

If the production line for F-16 shifts to India, they (PAF) sure as hell are not getting any spares.
light evil.jpg

smestarz

Country flag
SAM battery of S-300 400 is not deployed all by itself, it is in a way secured by SHORAD missile systems. Some systems are mobile and some are placed strategically., Further try not to think that only the attacking force has modern systems and defensive forces have none (the situation that France has faced in 21st century ) The opposing forces using AEW and well placed radar systems will be able to detect and scan threats at least 400 kms away, and thus prepareing the SHORADs and other medium range air defence weapons ready to fire at moments notice. By the way, based on your idea about using special forces it nice idea, but then seems IAF is indeed stupid to purchase Rafale, no? As per how you explain, seems Rafale cannot deal with S-300 or S-400 systems and for that need special forces.. So would it not he cheaper for india to invest in special forces than Rafale which as per this idea of yours, seems no real use against S-400 systems

smestarz

Country flag
The idea for NaMo if to select F-16 will be to sell spares to many countries using F-16 and for that matter would not mind to buy 36 F-16 (similar to Rafale) but for F-16 the sales of spares might be huge. But still I dont think IAF would use F-16.. PAF might end up buying spares from USA at higher price.. produced in india, shipped to USA and then sold to pakistan haha

If the production line for F-16 shifts to India, they (PAF) sure as hell are not getting any spares.
View attachment 10873

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles