Know Your 'Rafale'

smestarz

Country flag
India is more focused on UNSC and French nuclear power plants..
I think we shall come to know about if India really needs Rafale if there is any war post 2018

Excuse me, but even if I think Modi is a gentleman, he wouldn't take planes for nearly 8 billions to pleased to President Hollande.
India need these kind of planes. That's all.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
PAF might end up buying spares from USA at higher price.. produced in india, shipped to USA and then sold to pakistan haha
Not sure if the Americans will do so.
Even if they do so, the added cost is an added drain on the Pakistani treasury. How long will they keep up?light evil.jpg

IndianHawk

Country flag
Pakistans spare route for f16 will be turkey and other such countries which have a support base for f16 line.

Last edited:

smestarz

Country flag
Good! . BTW How do you post a new thread in this forum ?
Since you are a new member, you will not be allowed to start new threads unless you reach some pre specified nos of posts. this is to avoid advertisers who come and start posts for their ads. So build up enough posts by replying (meaningfully) to posts which you have an idea about and build up your post nos and then you would be allowed to start your own thread. Hope this is helpful

James Kuross

Since you are a new member, you will not be allowed to start new threads unless you reach some pre specified nos of posts. this is to avoid advertisers who come and start posts for their ads. So build up enough posts by replying (meaningfully) to posts which you have an idea about and build up your post nos and then you would be allowed to start your own thread. Hope this is helpful
Great Answer.. Looking forward for that

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
Good! . BTW How do you post a new thread in this forum ?
First login..

Open any section..I.e Army,Airforce etc..

On right hand side click New post button

Type the title and details then Submit..

gadeshi

A SAM battery, like S300/400 need to stop to deploy itself, deploy and open the radar.... During this time some special force can locate it to guide a strike.
S-300/400 act in 15 minutes combat tic-toc - 5 minutes to stop and deploy, 5 for aim and fire and 5 for pack and get out.
I with any special forces a good luck with it :)

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
B
India is more focused on UNSC and French nuclear power plants..
I think we shall come to know about if India really needs Rafale if there is any war post 2018
ro,
You thaught India will never baught Rafale.
Indi firmed it.

And listen to me : India will baught another batchS.

If a plane is secure enough to carry a nuclear weapon (France and India think that), it can do all the classical missions.

StealthFlanker

Country flag
ability to dogfight
Can you give any numbers to support that ? , i dont think anything has better sustain turn rate than F-16 at sea level and as a single engine aircraft F-16 should have better roll rate too.

If you want to talk about high off-boresight missiles then F-16 would has even more advantages because it is compatible with much wider range of missiles compare to Mig-29

ability to lock on F-16 at much longer ranges
I dont think so , If i remember correctly Indian has Mig-29K which use ZhuK-ME

Pakistan has F-16 block 50+ which use APG-68(v9) which said to have 33% longer detection range over APG-69(v8) which equal to around 105 km detection range again target with RCS = 5 m2

Both ZHUK-ME and APG-68(v9) are slotted array antenna with very small detection range different of around 15 km in favor of Mig-29 for target with RCS =5m2 , however i would expect F-16 to have smaller RCS than Mig-29 for the simple fact that it has smaller airframe and its weapon also has smaller corner reflector ( aim-120 vs R-27, R-77). The net result would be that 2 aircraft detect each other at similar distance

Last edited:

smestarz

Country flag
You arer going to compare F-16 block 52 with MiG-29A ??
What pakistan now has F-16 Block 52 and we have MiG-29 UPG, thus in a way makes better sense to compare F-16 Block 52 with MiG-29K

Can you give any numbers to support that ? , i dont think anything has better sustain turn rate than F-16 at sea level and as a single engine aircraft F-16 should have better roll rate too.

If you want to talk about high off-boresight missiles then F-16 would has even more advantages because it is compatible with much wider range of missiles compare to Mig-29

I dont think so , If i remember correctly Indian has Mig-29K which use ZhuK-ME

Pakistan has F-16 block 50+ which use APG-68(v9) which said to have 33% longer detection range over APG-69(v8) which equal to around 105 km detection range again target with RCS = 5 m2

Both ZHUK-ME and APG-68(v9) are slotted array antenna with very small detection range different of around 15 km in favor of Mig-29 for target with RCS =5m2 , however i would expect F-16 to have smaller RCS than Mig-29 for the simple fact that it has smaller airframe and its weapon also has smaller corner reflector ( aim-120 vs R-27, R-77). The net result would be that 2 aircraft detect each other at similar distance

smestarz

Country flag
Well, its good news for you,
Even Su-30 MKI is secure enough to carry Nuclear weapons, as a matter of fact IAF (when Rafale was in limbo) had already arranged to have 40 Su-30 MKI for SFC.
Why do you think Brahmos testing is paramount for India?
B

ro,
You thaught India will never baught Rafale.
Indi firmed it.

And listen to me : India will baught another batchS.

If a plane is secure enough to carry a nuclear weapon (France and India think that), it can do all the classical missions.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Well, its good news for you,
Even Su-30 MKI is secure enough to carry Nuclear weapons, as a matter of fact IAF (when Rafale was in limbo) had already arranged to have 40 Su-30 MKI for SFC.
Why do you think Brahmos testing is paramount for India?
Brahmos is not nuclear capable.

StealthFlanker

Country flag
You arer going to compare F-16 block 52 with MiG-29A ??
What pakistan now has F-16 Block 52 and we have MiG-29 UPG, thus in a way makes better sense to compare F-16 Block 52 with MiG-29K
Iam comparing Mig-29K and F-16 block 52+
Mig-29A 9.12 uses N019 sapfir not Zhuk-ME. Regarding kinematics later versions of both aircraft actually get worse instantaneous turn rate due to the weight gain and CLmax stayed the same

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles