Know Your 'Rafale'

sob

Mod
Country flag
I do not know if that is a very big issue.

If you recall Indian pilots were sent to the US for training for INS Vikramaditya and they fly Mig 29s. In US they were practicing on American aircraft.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
This is better >>

[video]https://youtu.be/kbLJcQltaE0?t=116[/video]

Precisely >> LCA mk2 will be ready in time and the deal for additional rafales fail then LCA MK2 will replace mmrca or else some other plane will be bought.

==========

Since last Government, MK2 is intended to replace most aircraft in IAF, The number projected is nearly 300, There are different sources for this news ..

Related News from Past >>

IAF is planning to operate 14 sqadron of Tejas of both MK1 & 2 >>

Source : IAF will buy 14 Tejas squadrons, lowering costs | Business Standard News

--------

India Offers To Spend $12B To Break Monopoly

Source : India Offers To Spend $12B To Break Monopoly | Defense News | defensenews.com

IAF will buy 14 Tejas squadrons, lowering costs

Indian fighter well-placed for global market for 3,500 light fighters
Ajai Shukla | New Delhi February 11, 2014 Last Updated at 00:46 IST

- UPA era

India Offers To Spend $12B To Break Monopoly
Oct. 4, 2014 - 03:45AM |

I am quoting an article from April 14, 2015 !!!

The defence circles are abuzz with talk of another fighter.

ghost

DM Manohar parrikar exact quote with time:

2.28 fifth generation of-course we are working on but that may take another 10 -15 years to come through.(fgfa)

3.24 we will buy more also.(rafale)

6.22 lca tejas ya dusra koi thoda I will not call it low end lekin single engine vala lighter aircraft.

6 .32 tejas ki mar kafi hai lekin tejas ka limitation rehta hai.

7.54 90 rafales or tejas mk2.

14.01 LCA or make in india single engine vala.

21.44 from my reading and my information this is one of the best.(rafale)

[video]https://youtu.be/kbLJcQltaE0?t=92[/video]

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Please go through my #125 post again, I have provided lot other things beside providing links to support my claim ..

With respect to your counter post before ..

I am quoting an article from April 14, 2015 !!!r.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Saurav Jha @SJha1618 · 6h 6 hours ago >>

* Comrades, there is an active lobby pushing the Gripen as a Mig-21 replacement by offering a 'Make in India' scheme. #DDBI.

* This lobby first came in wanting to improve the 'LCA' by providing aerodynamic data and other consultancy support in a hangar. #DDBI.

* Their case was that Gripen is v.similar to Tejas etc etc. Now they are even talking about 'Make in India'. # DDBI.

* The situation for the Tejas program far from being comfortable is actually Code Red. I realize this now. # DDBI.

* So worried is everybody about the need for aerodynamic refinement of the Tejas platform that it is being used by an opening by the G-lobby.

* G-lobby is proposing everything from 51 % in Mk-2, 100 % for G itself under MII. Now tell me will anybody do MII on no cost no commitment?

* The best way for Indian industry to actually upgrade itself is get its hands dirty producing homegrown systems not doing spoon fed bullshit.

==============
@ersakthivel, Its not the Swedish should be concern off, But Russians ..

Last edited by a moderator:

akshay m

theres nothing the russians can offer

other than mothballed mig 21's, collected from musuems,after overhauling

do not worry.about them

saab on the other has been proposing an LCA with canards for a long time
it was discussed at bharathrakshak long time ago.

the proposed design loked like a little gripen

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Please go through my #125 post again, I have provided lot other things beside providing links to support my claim ..

With respect to your counter post before ..
Parrikar's latest comments and interview supercede all your links.

Check Ghost's post and the video therein http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ndia-buys-rafale-more-come-9.html#post1028273

"6.22 lca tejas ya dusra koi thoda I will not call it low end lekin single engine vala lighter aircraft."

--

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Saurav Jha @SJha1618 · 6h 6 hours ago >>

* Comrades, there is an active lobby pushing the Gripen as a Mig-21 replacement by offering a 'Make in India' scheme. #DDBI.

* This lobby first came in wanting to improve the 'LCA' by providing aerodynamic data and other consultancy support in a hangar. #DDBI.

* Their case was that Gripen is v.similar to Tejas etc etc. Now they are even talking about 'Make in India'. # DDBI.

* The situation for the Tejas program far from being comfortable is actually Code Red. I realize this now. # DDBI.

* So worried is everybody about the need for aerodynamic refinement of the Tejas platform that it is being used by an opening by the G-lobby.

* G-lobby is proposing everything from 51 % in Mk-2, 100 % for G itself under MII. Now tell me will anybody do MII on no cost no commitment?

* The best way for Indian industry to actually upgrade itself is get its hands dirty producing homegrown systems not doing spoon fed bullshit.

==============
Thanks for this. This supported exactly what I said

"From what I gather the details are hazy :

Tejas might get a small order. Another single engine craft might be inducted in large numbers to replace Mig21.
Rafale numbers will increase.
No word on FGFA induction or any other crafts."

:namaste:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
For that you need to learn about MIG-21 procurement history, How it killed Indian domestic R&D ..

theres nothing the russians can offer ,other than mothballed mig 21's, collected from musuems,after overhauling,do not worry.about them
===============

If you gone through BR you should have noted it ..

ADA rejected the design as it didn't meed the IAF requirement ..

saab on the other has been proposing an LCA with canards for a long time,it was discussed at bharathrakshak long time ago.

the proposed design loked like a little gripen
============

Yes its the same vid i posted in my post as well, I suggest you the same ..

Nothing more to add ..

Parrikar's latest comments and interview supercede all your links.

Check Ghost's post and the video therein http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ndia-buys-rafale-more-come-9.html#post1028273

"6.22 lca tejas ya dusra koi thoda I will not call it low end lekin single engine vala lighter aircraft."

--

Thanks for this. This supported exactly what I said

"From what I gather the details are hazy :

Tejas might get a small order. Another single engine craft might be inducted in large numbers to replace Mig21.
Rafale numbers will increase.
No word on FGFA induction or any other crafts."

:namaste:

akshay m

For that you need to learn about MIG-21 procurement history, How it killed Indian domestic R&D ..

===============

If you gone through BR you should have noted it ..

i did note it.

i know the sins of the mig 21:sad:

but the russians hva no single engined light combat aircraft. point

and i was not talking about the wind tunnel model model you showed.
there was another design,

the russians have no mig 21 now.

their defence industry is dying, a slow death

another decade they may be just half the threat they are now

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Watch the vid posted, Note all the points he said and then compare to these point in progress >>

1. MK2 is near completion even before MK1`s first squadron is yet to be operational ..
2. HAL or No HAL, Government already looking for Pvt Ltd .. ( Source posted )
3. Government, Let it be previous or present are committed to Tejas .. ( Source posted )

Above all he said clearly of if Tejas MK2 is not available then only he country goes for an import, It make sense ..

@Kunal Biswas

I am not able to get what you are saying

akshay m

one must remember the avro arrow

a very sad story
what happened to the arrow must never happen here

idiots at work
The government... has made a thorough examination in the light of all the information available concerning the probable nature of the threats to... North America in the future years, the alternative means of defence against such threats, and the estimated cost thereof. The conclusion arrived at is that the development of the Arrow aircraft and Iroquois engine should be terminated now.
— Prime Minister Diefenbaker addressing the House of Commons, 20 February 1959
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
analysing the threats to lca

i see only 2 single engined fighters

gripen and f16

f16 won''t come most probably,because of reasons we all know well

and then of course there is jf17:rofl::toilet:

Last edited:

akshay m

we must protect the tejas whatever happens,

the russians, french , americans and the u-ropians will be feeling the heat

every atempt will be made to kill the tejas

just like the americans/brits killed the arrow

the reason........... like our tejas

In its planning, design and flight-test programme, this fighter, in almost every way the most advanced of all the fighters of the 1950s, was as impressive, and successful as any aircraft in history.
— Bill Gunston, 1981

a lot will depend on hal

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Couple of things that said were incorrect before >>

1. DM said, MIG-21 will be replaced by Tejas and If not Tejas then other single engine fighter ( He did not mention any criteria or even name of MK2 or MK1 )

2. DM Said, If HAL can push MK2 in numbers the remaining 90 / 126 can be filled by MK2 besides filling the MIG-21 gap, If it fails the MK2 will be replacing the place of MIG-21 as planned in next 6-10 years. ( Rafale cannot replace MIG-21 but Tejas MK2 can replace rafale place )

2. DM was comparing Rafale with Tejas MK1, Stating Rafale has combat radius of 1000kms not ferry range, Tejas was not compared with other light fighters with range or payload .. ( He did not mention other fighter name but specs of Rafale with Tejas MK1 )

3. HAL is considered to be first choice to manufacture reaming Rafale if things get solved or else their will be other Pvt co ..

Will post more ..

This is better >>

[video]https://youtu.be/kbLJcQltaE0?t=116[/video]

sgarg

Great discussion. The PM has really broken the procurement jinx. The way MMRCA was going, there would have been no conclusion for another 3 years and the cost would have kept on rising.

Now there is a firm date and a deal will be in place by June.

Movement on Rafale will satisfy IAF to a great degree, and allow focus back on other programs.

mayfair

Whatever, happens no way should Gripen be allowed to sneak in from the back door. That will sound the death knell for our domestic industry in this field. However, I suspect the import lobby will go all out to try and scuttle LCA and bring in their preferred fancy toys.

Fix HAL, fix LCA and if they cannot go hand in hand, hive them apart. But no way we should go for Gripen.

As knowledgeable posters have pointed out here and over at BRF, Gripen failed the high altitude tests at Leh, Tejas passed with flying colours.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles