Know Your 'Rafale'

Wisemarko

Country flag
Mirages will be replaced very soon. The upgrade is to sustain them till the AD in development arrives.

As for F-16 upgrade to counter Rafale, ghanta. F-16 is a Mirage like bird that doesn't even meet modern purchase standards of IAF.
Lol so now Mirages will be replaced soon? That too after paying billions of dollars to upgrade them? Find me that source of your silly claim.

Purchase standard of IAF.. lol. Flying MiG-21 much better than flying F-16. ROFL. Keep your quotes to yourself. Do not speak of IAF. I am offending my friends.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Don't Terrorise us on Tax : Rafale engine manufacturer tells Defence Minister Rajnath

India should provide an attractive business environment and not "terrorise us" with its tax and customs rules, the CEO of the French engine manufacturer behind the Rafale fighter jet told Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday while announcing that the company plans to invest nearly USD 150 million in the country.

French multinational Safran, the manufacturer of the M88 state of the art engines fitted in the Rafale jets acquired by India, gave a presentation of its facility to the minister who took a tour of the assembly line of the company near the French capital.

"Visited the Engine Manufacturing Facility of Safran at Villaroche near Paris today. Safran is known for its engine making capabilities. They have also developed the engine for Rafale," Singh said in a tweet.

"Happy to meet some of the young and bright engineers of Indian origin working at the Safran manufacturing facility. Their technical knowledge and hard work is impressive and inspiring," he said.

During the presentation, CEO of the Safran Aircraft Engines Olivier Andries revealed plans for nearly USD 150 million investment in the country towards training and maintenance.

However, the CEO called on India for more support on its tax structure.

"India is set to become the third largest commercial market for aviation and we are keen to create a strong maintenance and repair base in India to serve customers," Andries said.

"But we need to make sure that the Indian tax and customs system is not terorrising us," he said.

The minister responded by assuring him that India was committed to providing the "right climate" for investments under the 'Make in India' initiative.

Singh also invited Safran to participate in the DefExpo in Lucknow in February next year, an invitation that was accepted by the company which designs and develops engines for civil and military aircraft at its assembly line at Villaroche in Reau, near Paris.

The minister was taken on a tour of the assembly line, where all the Rafale jet M88 engines fitted for India's 36 aircraft will be assembled.

Safran gave the minister details of its collaboration with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and reiterated its commitment to the 'Make in India' as well as 'Skill India' programmes.

"We have a long association with India and all Indian airlines are our customers. We are hopeful and optimistic that we will have a positive reception to our expansion plans. We are keen to share the know how and create an engine ecosystem in India," Andries said.

The company, which says it already has a USD 15-million investment in the country where it also trains 500 engineers annually, claims to be on course to meet its off-set commitments in India as part of the Dassault Aviation deal signed by India in September 2016.

It is now seeking the government support to set up maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facilities in India, with training plans for further 500 engineers and skilled technicians.

Defence secretary Ajay Kumar, part of the ministerial delegation to France, assured the company of support and asked them to prepare a document highlighting any "pain points" they foresee in their expansion agenda, which will be taken into consideration.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/TeamAMCA/photos/?ref=page_internal

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Don’t mix politics with technology.
War is politics every of these defence deal is politics.

You have sided yourself with Pakistan you arm them pay billions of dollars aid helped them build Taliban and lashkar against which we have been fighting endlessly.

Now you want us to pay you dearly in defence deals for such a great gesture you have made towards us?

Aha.. we all are aware once you are done with China if it happens we will be next in line. Till then we will try to juice what we can and be prepared for that.

Wisemarko

Country flag
War is politics every of these defence deal is politics.

You have sided yourself with Pakistan you arm them pay billions of dollars aid helped them build Taliban and lashkar against which we have been fighting endlessly.

Now you want us to pay you dearly in defence deals for such a great gesture you have made towards us?

Aha.. we all are aware once you are done with China if it happens we will be next in line. Till then we will try to juice what we can and be prepared for that.
No one has sided with Pakistan- Pakistan used US to gain whatever it wanted and paid price for it too.
France, UK, Germany, Sweden and even Russia sells arms to Pakistan... you should address that as well.

Don’t buy anything from US.. seems like your current sellers are having a blast selling overpriced stuff and why should India ruin that party?

India buys US products not as a charity case to US but because it is beneficial to India. Ask your forces about the quality, after sales support and technology of US products purchased so far and you will know.
US remains the number one arms supplier in world for a reason. Not tapping in obviously superior yet cheaper US products is a loss of business to US manufacturing but it is also a strategic loss to India.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Nope. Soviet loss in Afghanistan was not a failure of Soviet technology but of Soviet policy. Comparing yourselves to Kurds is not very wise either.
The Soviets abandoned their puppet government and it fell. American foreign policy is a fickle thing and cannot be relied upon as was demonstrated during sanctions placed on India's nuclear testing. Abandoning the Kurds is yet another example of the US not being a reliable ally. You guys created Daesh by overthrowing Saddam and used the Kurds to clean up that mess, now you just leave them to be slaughtered by Turkey. It isn't right and is the reason General Mattis resigned.

Wisemarko

Country flag
The Soviets abandoned their puppet government and it fell. American foreign policy is a fickle thing and cannot be relied upon as was demonstrated during sanctions placed on India's nuclear testing. Abandoning the Kurds is yet another example of the US not being a reliable ally. You guys created Daesh by overthrowing Saddam and used the Kurds to clean up that mess, now you just leave them to be slaughtered by Turkey. It isn't right and is the reason General Mattis resigned.
Clear your mind first or no point answering. The relationship is about buying weapons, not about getting married. This emotional whining means little. Good night.

Megalomaniac

Country flag
No one has sided with Pakistan- Pakistan used US to gain whatever it wanted and paid price for it too.
France, UK, Germany, Sweden and even Russia sells arms to Pakistan... you should address that as well.

Don’t buy anything from US.. seems like your current sellers are having a blast selling overpriced stuff and why should India ruin that party?

India buys US products not as a charity case to US but because it is beneficial to India. Ask your forces about the quality, after sales support and technology of US products purchased so far and you will know.
US remains the number one arms supplier in world for a reason. Not tapping in obviously superior yet cheaper US products is a loss of business to US manufacturing but it is also a strategic loss to India.
Pakistan didn't use USA. USA used Pakistan to trap India by selling US weapons to that nation knowing that Pakistan was not a good country. Destabilising is a tactic done by USA in many ways. Who are you fooling? And no US weapons can save that nation if India really wants someday to destroy it.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Lol so now Mirages will be replaced soon? That too after paying billions of dollars to upgrade them? Find me that source of your silly claim.
Marshall BS Dhanoa and R. Bhadauria. Mirgaes are being upgraded to use in stop gap.

Replacement of MiG-21, Jaguars & Mirage is what's the purpose of ongoing program.

Purchase standard of IAF.. lol. Flying MiG-21 much better than flying F-16.
That's why I said purchase standard. Flying MiG-21 for few more years to induct better plane later is much better than inducting F-16 that will be obsolete even sooner.
ROFL. Keep your quotes to yourself. Do not speak of IAF. I am offending my friends.
Seriously, you are now becoming fckin irritating.
You are just shouting buy American, don't have any base for your futile claim, upgrading Mirage is somehow funny for few but buying F-16 in year 2019 does make sense to you (such a pea sized brain you got) and you just keep on running around attacking people's nationality abou which you don't have any clue (as if you have anything to defend your own).

Such @$$e$ mostly are found in either in Anti-India paki land or American b-jober UKstan.

Wisemarko

Country flag
Pakistan didn't use USA. USA used Pakistan to trap India by selling US weapons to that nation knowing that Pakistan was not a good country. Destabilising is a tactic done by USA in many ways. Who are you fooling? And no US weapons can save that nation if India really wants someday to destroy it.
Yawn.. ok. India is trapped because there is major US policy to do so. Keep it up

Wisemarko

Country flag
You are just shouting buy American,
I say Don’t buy American. Don’t come to US. Take your embassy back too. I think there’s need for zero trade or immigration between US and India. Ask your buddies in France and Russia for all that. I think it will serve India really well.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Yawn.. ok. India is trapped because there is major US policy to do so. Keep it up
Yeah, it is so. Pakistan's existence was protected by US at multiple occasions to keep India busy.
I say Don’t buy American. Don’t come to US. Take your embassy back too. I think there’s need for zero trade or immigration between US and India. Ask your buddies in France and Russia for all that
Happily throw the Indians out those are living in your country. I'm not one of them.

Even though they aren't living on your payrolles, are richest ethnic group out there, control biggest companies and so on.

Don't sell anything to Indians from now on even if we ask for. Seriously, as if you are doing a great favour. We pay money even if we buy something unlike your really allies, porks.

Don't ever bother to buy cheaper Indian products, apparels, medicines, electronics (if Indian electronics are there in US) and ban your medical tourists to travel India for budget surgeries.

Such arguments can't come better than from a 12 years mentally stunted nationalist.:facepalm: Whatever, it won't got down your brain US isn't there in Indian fighters race. Nor that India & US are far from being allies and are just partners who pay money, take the stuff and move on after deal.

Megalomaniac

Country flag
That is what I am saying. You yourself prove it. USA always destabilises. India will buy from its selected nation or go indigenous way - it is its prerogative. We don't need you.

Megalomaniac

Country flag
I say Don’t buy American. Don’t come to US. Take your embassy back too. I think there’s need for zero trade or immigration between US and India. Ask your buddies in France and Russia for all that. I think it will serve India really well.
Don't worry we will not. Go sell them to some aliens. We don't need them. World will be better place without USA. USA says China is a menace on the Earth while it is the bigger one.

smooth manifold

Country flag
might be the most expensive fighter ever, more than twice the price of F35. Is there any kickback in the deal?:bounce: anyways, it's a good aircraft. :biggrin2:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles