Know Your 'Rafale'

IndianHawk

Country flag
I agree with you. The 72 in my previous post was including the 36 first.

But with make in India..... why not some more?
Because even after make in India it's still expensive and if FGFA goes full stream India might end up with majority twin engine fleet . That in turn is quite expensive to maintain, per hour flight cost are to get doubled up . IAF need to fill the number gap with single engine fighter.

Plus I am hopeful AMCA will deliver before 2025 :)

They have already ordered 40 more mki .
The only case of ordering more Rafaels is the failure of FGFA deal.

But I think Russians will make it work somehow :biggrin2:

IndianHawk

Country flag
It's not the HAL habit to developp and produce on time..... Don't expect that.

I think india must put all the efforts on Tejas. You need it soon.
Yup but if AMCA goes on to PMO radar. Than we might see thinks shaking pretty fast.
As much as I know and understand the inefficiency of HAL and other industries I am pretty sure AMCA will succeed.

In previous two years entire attitude of defense establishment has changed quite dramatically. There are more than enough reasons to be optimistic .:)

airtel

Country flag
Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
http://idrw.org/rafale-is-the-best-deal-manohar-parrikar-rejects-swaraj-abhiyan-charge/#more-112729

It is not for nothing that guys like Arvind kejriwal, prasanth Bhusan, Yogendr Yadhav are funded via FCRA NGO route,

Arvind kejriwal proved his usefulness to anti india foreign sources by being the first man to throw the spanner into the national consensus built by Modi for surgical strikes in POK.

prasanth Bhusan has no competence to even calculate the price of tarpaulin cover for a rafale fighter.

jumping in with fancy allegations at the behest of their foreign funders is not the first time in india,

Teesta setalvad was similarly unleashed on modi , by Hillary clinton headed covert Norway based NGO groups via FCRA,

LTTE was similarly trapped by the same Norway based Xian NGOs into taking an anti india stance, which ultimately made them an enemy of india & finally finished them off in a genocide.

Mady NGOs operating in maoist infested areas are funded for exactly the same purpose.

Time people see through the designs of these crooks & wisen up to them.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Old news.
The weapons range with the 36 Rafale explain, for me, that they are not for nuclear deterrence.
Maybe another batch of 36 ?

India has time, because Mirage 2000 and MKI are on this duty for at least 10 to 15 more years.
Thre are no "another batch of 36 rafales" clause in govt to govt rafale deal between india & france

BON PLAN

-*-
Country flag
ha ha ha even this deal is very difficult .

First scorpion & now Rafael .

I think American or Russian Arms lobby is trying to sabotage France-India defence deals .....................

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...prashant-bhushan-for-defamation/1/791642.html
OK. But A first sale of Rafale in india is done. It was the harder point.
For any new plane you have to pay another "fee" to adapt your air bases, and maybe to add some more new weapons (AMRAAM in the case of US products). It will costs india a lot....
So I'm confident at least another batch of Rafale will be firmed.

BON PLAN

-*-
Country flag
No product in international military aviation was produced in time, with the same asked for specs
Maybe, but not with such retard than Tejas.

First Rafale was intended to enter in French air force in 1996. In reality it was 1999. 3 years late, but between the lauch of the program and 1996, the Berlin wall fall !!! and all main west weapons program were slow downed (as Carrier Charles de Gaulle or MBT Leclerc in France).

Tejas is ... 10? 15? 20? years late.....

IndianHawk

Country flag
W
Maybe, but not with such retard than Tejas.

First Rafale was intended to enter in French air force in 1996. In reality it was 1999. 3 years late, but between the lauch of the program and 1996, the Berlin wall fall !!! and all main west weapons program were slow downed (as Carrier Charles de Gaulle or MBT Leclerc in France).

Tejas is ... 10? 15? 20? years late.....
Not just a program but entire industry was to be built.
And in between the programme India almost went bankrupt (91). Had nuclear test(98) .

Rushil51

Country flag
Is it enough to explain all ? :nono:
Tejas suffered from regular revisions of role it was expected to perform plus India lost what ever knowledge it gained from HAL Marut so it had to bulid the industry from scratch. The project was also sanctioned in 1983.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Rafale fighter assembly video..
If any one had other videos please do share

Articles