Know Your 'Rafale'

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I dont know if you were born this stupid or was it sometimes later you did fall on your head,
But let me try to explain to you

All the companies had to provide SEALED FINANCIAL BID, This financial bid included the price of the plane and the cost of maintenance for the lifetime of the plane, This meant the winner would not be the fighter with the cheapest purchase price; instead the chosen fighter would be the one that was cheaper to buy, fly, maintain and overhaul over its 30-40 year service life. This was a new concept especially for India but that would have given India and IAF with total cost of ownership of the Fleet, Now the financial bid that Dassault had given was incomplete. They had not provided the relevant data. And thus it was not possible to calculate the LCC of the plane to decide the L1.

One indian was particularly very smart, the apparent fixer NAK Browne, He gave the "Data " for Rafale, Two members of the CNC had objections, Usually an incomplete financial bid should go for automatic disaqualification but it was not done so. Anyway, after the misgivings of the Pilatus deal came to light, things are coming to light about the actual involvement of NAK Browne in going to any lengths to fix the deals.

Apparently the French knew they had the fixer in IAF chief and they were smart too to give incomplete financial bid that helped them to get L1. The point is that after Rafale was declared L1, Germany had been on record to offer India at 25% lower price than their MMRCA bid. Now the apparent news when Rafale was declared L1 was that Eurofighter was slightly expensive in LCC and thus Rafale was declared L1. Now Eurofighter would not be 25% more expensive than Rafale else it would not be "slight"
So you are able to calculate but are dishonest. Worst....

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Su-30 when it takes to air in Syria, the F-16 flying in Turkey prefer to land and let Su-30 have its own way. So no combat experience there either
conjecture....

One sure thing : the only plane shoot down in syria in A to A was a russian one, and by a F16. all the rest is your interpretation.

Bahamut

@BON PLAN
Can Rafale be equipped in built ground targeting system so there is no need to carry a targeting pod?
Also can you tell why data link of metore with Rafale is single way and also give solid no on its range?
Can you provide a vehicle of Rafale capital that it's ergonomic, and also the level of computing power?
Thanks in advance

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
@BON PLAN
Can Rafale be equipped in built ground targeting system so there is no need to carry a targeting pod?
Also can you tell why data link of metore with Rafale is single way and also give solid no on its range?
Can you provide a vehicle of Rafale capital that it's ergonomic, and also the level of computing power?
Thanks in advance
No, I don't think Rafale will have an integrated targeting system. It will rely on targeting pod.

Why a single way data link? I don't know. I just know french air force don't think Meteor will be very usefull... mainly integrated for marketing reason, not to leave this missile on the sole Gripen and EF...

Range? It is officially said 100km. And probably 100km with a high pk even at those range. Everybody knows that range of Meteor will always be better than those of a same weight class missile with classical booster (mono or dual pulse) like AMRAAM and K77 (160 - 170kg), because of the ramjet. And by some extent.... The difference is classified.

"Can you provide a vehicle of Rafale capital that it's ergonomic" sorry I don't understant your question.

Level of computing power? I don't know. I think it evolves upgrade after upgrade.... Ask PIC DELAMIRAND OIL

Bahamut

No, I don't think Rafale will have an integrated targeting system. It will rely on targeting pod.
A build in targeting pod will reduce drag allow to carry more bombs. It will be a nice for 2 seater.
Why a single way data link? I don't know. I just know french air force don't think Meteor will be very usefull...
So say IAF can have Rafale with dual data link.
"Can you provide a vehicle of Rafale capital that it's ergonomic" sorry I don't understant your question.
Sorry, auto correct.
I wanted to know how ergonomic (pilot friendly) is Rafale cockpit?

smestarz

Country flag
This does confirm that you are born stupid. And nothing can remedy that

As I said figures are needed to calculate the LCC and these Data was mandatory to be given by the bidder (Eurofoighter, Dassault etc) with their Sealed financial bid, Dassault bid was incomplete and so DASSAULT ARE DISHONEST..
The calculation is done only based on the data provided.

Just to explain to you by an example.. Lets say your child is Dassault, and he goes for an exam, and there does not write anything and comes home without writing anything in his exam papers.
When the Teacher (ndian authorities here) see the blank paper,, naturally the right way is to fail the kid (Dassault should have been kicked out and Eurofighter declared the winner)

Now you (the mother of Dassault ) are blaming the teacher saying if the teacher knew the answers they should fill the details. LOL you are really retarted SOB ...with really small IQ

So you are able to calculate but are dishonest. Worst....

smestarz

Country flag
That would be same has having a bit longer tange MiG-21, too much cost and Russ ans dont need interceptors
They have one of the worlds best MRCA, no need to go for Mig-21 type plane, Russia is huge, vast., more than Dozen france would fit in Russia. thats the scale, They are better off having longer ranged planes. Even Rafale for that matter would be short legs. Thats why RuAF are not so eager for MiG-29 but for protection of important cities, MiG-29/MiG-35 becomes excellent choice. Low price and low cost to use.

In this case Russia have to built dozen and dozen of new airfields, as Gripen has short legs....:rofl::crying::bounce:

smestarz

Country flag
You really have wonderful dream interpretation
Did you actually notice that since the Russians start to use Su-30 SM, both the French Rafales and Turkish F-16 ensure that they do not even come 100 kms close to area where Su-30 operate.
Earlier the French were flying through Syria to hit targets in Syria and Iraq, now they fly through Syria.
Thus the interpretation is clear even for French air force. " Su-30 SM is the alpha dog in Syria-Iraq and smaller and weaker planes like Rafale and F-16 can survive if they keep well away from it"

By the way, after more than a year of operations in Iraq, French have been perhaps the most over rated. The russians changed the tide of the battle on their own. If the Iraqis had depended on the french, it possibily would have been 100 year war !! Maybe the IS interprets French action as "War of roses" your Rafale strikes,, useless at best

conjecture....

One sure thing : the only plane shoot down in syria in A to A was a russian one, and by a F16. all the rest is your interpretation.

smestarz

Country flag
I had put that link http://www.defproac.com/?p=2125
So that you can understand what was the situation, and by the way, as you did note (if you did read it) that if Dassault had given the actual figures, Rafale would never be L1. Thus Rafale was L1 because it was fixed .

Now why PM Modi asked for 36 Rafales,, few things
REASON A) he perhaps believed that Defence chiefs are honest and want best for india and there are several misgivings about MMRCA. So when DM had already talked about scrapping of MMRCA. He thought would be nice to have a G2G deal so that IAF can get the plane they want and there would be no scope of corruption.. But now he is wiser and does not even say a single word about Rafale. If you actually see, Hollande has used the word rafale with India context a lot more.. shows who is desperate now

REASON B) Perhaps Hollande told him how bad the French situation was and if France did not get Rafale deal perhaps the country might get bankrupt. So maybe modi thought to give France a chance.

REASON C) Perhaps he thought to entertain Hollande by this, Did not think Hollande will take it this seriously.

REASON D) Maybe he was just keeping France amused..Did not want to give France anything Free, wanted them to work it out.. You see how hard the french are working on the deal? French already sllmmed down

REASON E) Perhaps he wanted to ensure the UNSC seat so UNSC seat + 36 Rafales for 7 bn dollars was not really bad deal was it?

You can select any of these reasons if you want to, it will keep you amused too

conjecture.
Why India don't stop the process at those time? Why India PM ask for 36 Rafale last year...

smestarz

Country flag
F-35 has internal targeting pod, Rafale is 4th Gen plane, and in order to put Targeting pod internally, the designed would have to be revamped, Thus if you want internal targeting pod, thats in F-35, They might get that in Rafale perhaps 2 decades later.
A build in targeting pod will reduce drag allow to carry more bombs. It will be a nice for 2 seater.
Does not really work that way hahaha.
So say IAF can have Rafale with dual data link.
The best thing about Rafale is cockpit, but if you want to get into actual combat, then Su-30 or Su-35 is the plane to be, But if you want to enjoy a nice view and clean cockpit, then Rafale,
Sorry, auto correct.
I wanted to know how ergonomic (pilot friendly) is Rafale cockpit?

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Yes ! but no space available for internal pod.

But I think OSF is able to extract coordinates for A Hammer bomb.... so it's a kind of targeting pod maybe.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
This does confirm that you are born stupid. And nothing can remedy that

As I said figures are needed to calculate the LCC and these Data was mandatory to be given by the bidder (Eurofoighter, Dassault etc) with their Sealed financial bid, Dassault bid was incomplete and so DASSAULT ARE DISHONEST..
The calculation is done only based on the data provided.

Just to explain to you by an example.. Lets say your child is Dassault, and he goes for an exam, and there does not write anything and comes home without writing anything in his exam papers.
When the Teacher (ndian authorities here) see the blank paper,, naturally the right way is to fail the kid (Dassault should have been kicked out and Eurofighter declared the winner)

Now you (the mother of Dassault ) are blaming the teacher saying if the teacher knew the answers they should fill the details. LOL you are really retarted SOB ...with really small IQ
In term of stupid boy, don't worry.... you always are first. And with a huge advance Bro.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
" Su-30 SM is the alpha dog in Syria-Iraq and smaller and weaker planes like Rafale and F-16 can survive if they keep well away from it"
Alfa Dog doesn't prevent a Fencer to be shoot down in Syria. The sole plane shooting down by AtoA missile in this theater. The first until.... 15 years ?

Your Alfa Dog is like a poodle.... even 2nd league air force doesn' be afraid.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I had put that link http://www.defproac.com/?p=2125
So that you can understand what was the situation, and by the way, as you did note (if you did read it) that if Dassault had given the actual figures, Rafale would never be L1. Thus Rafale was L1 because it was fixed .

Now why PM Modi asked for 36 Rafales,, few things
REASON A) he perhaps believed that Defence chiefs are honest and want best for india and there are several misgivings about MMRCA. So when DM had already talked about scrapping of MMRCA. He thought would be nice to have a G2G deal so that IAF can get the plane they want and there would be no scope of corruption.. But now he is wiser and does not even say a single word about Rafale. If you actually see, Hollande has used the word rafale with India context a lot more.. shows who is desperate now

REASON B) Perhaps Hollande told him how bad the French situation was and if France did not get Rafale deal perhaps the country might get bankrupt. So maybe modi thought to give France a chance.

REASON C) Perhaps he thought to entertain Hollande by this, Did not think Hollande will take it this seriously.

REASON D) Maybe he was just keeping France amused..Did not want to give France anything Free, wanted them to work it out.. You see how hard the french are working on the deal? French already sllmmed down

REASON E) Perhaps he wanted to ensure the UNSC seat so UNSC seat + 36 Rafales for 7 bn dollars was not really bad deal was it?

You can select any of these reasons if you want to, it will keep you amused too
Go to bed. You are too tired.....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles