Know Your 'Rafale'

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Ok Einstein, so the F 35 is a Kamikaze bomber? The max range on internal fuel is 1100 - 1200 nm. Your solution is to send our pilots on a one way bombing mission to hell?
Dude - I just pointed out YOUR error - Range is not the same as radius.
Also, remember, an ingoing fighter has payload, which increases weight and drag - reduces speed and fuel efficiency - once it uses it's payload, thenit's lighter and lower drag - can fly back faster/ longer. So, if a fighter goes 750 nmi to fire it's payloads and uses up 60% of it's fuel, it can make it back that 750 nmi using the rest of it's 40% fuel ... it actually does not take Einstein to figure that out - just some brains - you know? Maybe you don't.

@ P2Prada - again the 1800 km combat radius is with external fuel tanks - for MKI and F-15 it is ~3000 kms - the larger the plane, the more fuel/ weight it can carry and the longer the range.

Last edited:
Reactions: KS

Param

. Once Rafale is done, AMCA will take over. In parallel we will have a modest UCAV program going on, with supposed induction of the first version expected in 2018.
:shocked: 2018?

trackwhack

Dude - I just pointed out YOUR error - Range is not the same as radius.
Also, remember, an ingoing fighter has payload, which increases weight and drag - reduces speed and fuel efficiency - once it uses it's payload, thenit's lighter and lower drag - can fly back faster/ longer. So, if a fighter goes 750 nmi to fire it's payloads and uses up 60% of it's fuel, it can make it back that 750 nmi using the rest of it's 40% fuel ... it actually does not take Einstein to figure that out - just some brains - you know? Maybe you don't.

@ P2Prada - again the 1800 km combat radius is with external fuel tanks - for MKI and F-15 it is ~3000 kms - the larger the plane, the more fuel/ weight ratio it can carry and the longer the range.
You can twist it however you want to, without drop tanks the F 35 even if it takes off from Arunachal wont reach Bejing or Shanghai let alone carry out a successful mission. So unless we are talking strictly nuclear weapons which is not very high payload, the F 35 cannot be used for any conventinal ground attack missions deep into China. But believe what you want to. Mutirole Fighter my ass.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
You can twist it however you want to, without drop tanks the F 35 even if it takes off from Arunachal wont reach Bejing or Shanghai let alone carry out a successful mission. So unless we are talking strictly nuclear weapons which is not very high payload, the F 35 cannot be used for any conventinal ground attack missions deep into China. F 35 = major fail
Reach Beijing or Shanghai to carry out a strike mission?? You are insane if you think IAF can send a squadron of ANY aircraft across the breadth of China to bomb the coastal cities from Arunachal! Have you seen a world map? You think Rafale can do it? Wow - even Armand will think you are nuts!
I am talking about all the PLAAF airbases within a thousand miles of Indian border. I guess I am done arguing with your EPIC illogic!

ice berg

You can twist it however you want to, without drop tanks the F 35 even if it takes off from Arunachal wont reach Bejing or Shanghai let alone carry out a successful mission. So unless we are talking strictly nuclear weapons which is not very high payload, the F 35 cannot be used for any conventinal ground attack missions deep into China. But believe what you want to. Mutirole Fighter my ass.
To be fair neither could Rafale reach Beijing or Shanghai.:rolleyes:

ANyway carry on!

trackwhack

Reach Beijing or Shanghai to carry out a strike mission?? You are insane if you think IAF can send a squadron of ANY aircraft across the breadth of China to bomb the coastal cities from Arunachal! Have you seen a world map? You think Rafale can do it? Wow - even Armand will think you are nuts!
I am talking about all the PLAAF airbases within a thousand miles of Indian border. I guess I am done arguing with your EPIC illogic!
YEah, so the SFC needs planes to bomb airbases, right! I am not advocating the Rafale for that role either. The SFC needs can be fulfilled only by a purpose built bomber. Not some half arsed multirole contraption that does not have the range to fulfil its mission.

trackwhack

No - they need it to drop Indian restaurant menus into Chinese cities and military bases .... :D

I have a phone interview in 5 mins - wish me luck guys ...

later ...
Good luck :thumb: Bargain hard.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
Sooo..... Are the French going to help out with the Kaveri engine???

That was one of the add on bonuses, right?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
YEah, so the SFC needs planes to bomb airbases, right! I am not advocating the Rafale for that role either. The SFC needs can be fulfilled only by a purpose built bomber. Not some half arsed multirole contraption that does not have the range to fulfil its mission.
Unless you can get your hand on B-2s, buying vulnerable bombers is too much of a liability. With 1,800km range, Rafale is plenty for penetration strikes.