Know Your 'Rafale'

nrj

Country flag
maybe the English language comprehension is a bit difficult for you or you don't know how your govt works. To invite people who were excluded from the CURRENT PROCESS! - you will have to issue a new tender . this is not what you imagine is a birthday party, where a hall mark invitation cards is sent out.
Why? Can't they go for FMS? And tell me using your great comprehension power, oh preacher how you conclude that its IAF related order ?

It's no more of castle than every other topic on these forums. People opine based on news articles all the time . When people opined which country would pressure India into buying their aircraft , it was also based on speculation, as we did not have the phones tapped or email hacked to know with a 100% certainty what was going on behind the scene.

If you feel that it was castle, why did you engage in the debate with me? why did you bring JSF and NATO shield links into the conversation here?
I pasted that link here to inform ignorants that F35 is not even offered to India. Its just media talk.

Last edited:

JayATL

^^^Without a doubt and the intelligent ones here would agree. Any aircraft besides Mig35 ( was not too sure on that one), would have turn the balance of " air superiority" to India's favor.

What you have to contend against? F16 block 50 or 52, which is highly restricted by our govt and J10 and J17 , unproven , nobody has a serious clue about these aircrafts capabilities .....

really your upgraded mirages and mig 29k would have sufficed. but now... bah- you guys own the skies on technology , which means your kill ratio multiples.

Last edited:

Nagraj

Chinese also have money to spare if we can buy then so can they.
However i was talking more in terms of economy industrial power and ability to produce such defence equipments indigeneously :)
If Rafale is worth two M2000, then 200 is worth 600 Chini planes.

Ray

The Chairman
Messiah,

No bad word.

Or did you mean 'guard'?

That the English did not guard their interests?

vanadium

Does this mean the death of Eurofighter?
I guess it doesn´ t make life easier... but having said that, Dassault has shown a remarkable aptitude to fail in the "last mile" when it is running alone...so we shall wait and see, as the game is not over yet!

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Same goes for most aircraft, One shell is enough to make a Aircraft drop out of sky.
Actually many times aircraft have survived one or two hits with a 20 mm or even a 30 mm cannon blast - especially todays fighters with triple or quadruple redundancy should be able to survive one or two shots - but a burst of 4-6 shots should be enough to kill the pilot / engine and bring the plane down for a single engine/ single pilot plane.

JayATL

Why? Can't they go for FMS? And tell me using your great comprehension power, oh preacher how you conclude that its IAF related order ?

I pasted that link here to inform ignorants that F35 is not even offered to India. Its just media talk.
I guess by FMS you are hinting at a direct foreign sale route. I don't know what FMS stands for, sorry. If you are hinting at a direct govt to govt foreign sales route, then that is only done for a single vendor at a time. I believe you guys bought our Harpoon missiles that way.

So if they language used says it is going invite "all" that where "excluded" from the "current" process. Then it means multiple entities , which means evaluations will be done again for those new ones at a minimum.

why are you hell bent on arguing common sense? ...

p2prada

Awesome news. I always hoped Rafale to win. Been an ardent supporter since 2007.

Dude sry but i have doubt that 200 planes will change much :tsk:
Major, major change.

If Rafale is worth two M2000, then 200 is worth 600 Chini planes.
Dassault's best move was to remove Mirage-2000 out of contention and replace it with Rafale. Looks like Dassault's production line will open a lot more.

p2prada

The Mica deals were an indication of the possible winner...

People were saying.. US got this ...French got that deals ... Now europe will get MRCA... but it was proved a flawed argument.
Been saying this all along. Earlier deals had nothing to do with MRCA.

nrj

Country flag
I guess by FMS you are hinting at a direct foreign sale route. I don't know what FMS stands for, sorry. If you are hinting at a direct govt to govt foreign sales route, then that is only done for a single vendor at a time. I believe you guys bought our Harpoon missiles that way.

So if they language used says it is going invite "all" that where "excluded" from the "current" process. Then it means multiple entities , which means evaluations will be done again for those new ones at a minimum.

why are you hell bent on arguing common sense? ...
Conducting evaluations does not necessarily mean new tender. FMS can be result of multi-entity negotiation.

Still the said 'source' can not confirm if its IAF related MRCA order.

Nagraj

Kindly do explain how ???
I mean can't chinese buy a superior stuff if they want to ??
They have more money too !
Awesome news. I always hoped Rafale to win. Been an ardent supporter since 2007.

Major, major change.

Dassault's best move was to remove Mirage-2000 out of contention and replace it with Rafale. Looks like Dassault's production line will open a lot more.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I guess it doesn´ t make life easier... but having said that, Dassault has shown a remarkable aptitude to fail in the "last mile" when it is running alone...so we shall wait and see, as the game is not over yet!
Check mate, Rafale is has the future sales while Eurofighter production dries up.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Actually many times aircraft have survived one or two hits with a 20 mm or even a 30 mm cannon blast - especially todays fighters with triple or quadruple redundancy should be able to survive one or two shots - but a burst of 4-6 shots should be enough to kill the pilot / engine and bring the plane down for a single engine/ single pilot plane.

That depend on what type of 30mm shell, I am not talking abt He, or AP but the Power..

GSH-30 on Mig-29 & MKI use 30x165mm

Where as French use 30 X 155mm

Both rounds can knock out wings if hit on Wings..

p2prada

Two Questions to p2p or others who know.

1) What about AESA? Will all of the Indian Rafale come with it, or is there going to be an upgrade later after initially coming with PESA
AESA is guaranteed now. ALA will get first production model of the AESA in 2012. We are bound to get it with our first squadron.

2) Is there any chance of Russian missile systems like the Bramhos and its variants being incorporated
Brahmos is as much Indian as it is Russian. However there is no chance at all. Rafale cannot carry loads as great as 2.5 tons on a single hardpoint. The missile is too big and heavy for the Rafale. Other Russian weapons are not required on Rafale.

ice berg

Kindly do explain how ???
I mean can't chinese buy a superior stuff if they want to ??
They have more money too !
They are still under arms embargo. They will keep introduce J-10B and probably J-20 some time in future. They wont buy fighters from Russia any time soon, I think. ANy way it is about systems , not just aircrafts.