Know Your 'Rafale'

JayATL

IAF doesn't need F-35, its way too expensive, over $300 million a unit:shocked:. Rafale fills the requirement of MRCA and pls dont compare indigenous projects with foreign imports.

Japan, its a no-brainer. They'll always select american
Please read what I post and in context before replying with what first comes into your head.

where did you come up with the aircraft costs 300 million?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I am a bit disheartened because I wanted a 180 vs 700 odd planes in favor of the EF to win this, since they do have the scale. But $5 million dollar /aircraft is a lot of money. Best of luck Indian Air force!
EF never sold 700 odd planes, their orders are cut to 480. France is ordering 283 Rafale and with 200 from India outpaces the Typhoon.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Are thre really THAT many people browsing this thread? What's up dudes? Never seen/ heard a combat aircraft deal before?
I wonder our frinds across the western border are saying in their forums? And I wonder what our Chinese friends are saying ...
Any news of PAF buying the Rafale or EF?

:D

Nagraj

No iahven't seen a combat deal signed this big before have you???
Are thre really THAT many people browsing this thread? What's up dudes? Never seen/ heard a combat aircraft deal before?
I wonder our frinds across the western border are saying in their forums? And I wonder what our Chinese friends are saying ...

nrj

Country flag
First , what part of invite players excluded from the current process , is difficult to comprehend as a new tender?
Does it mean tender for IAF? Does it mean exhaustive evaluation process? How can you imagine so many things out of a vague unconfirmed line?

second, yes it is a speculative comment and I was opining if it turned out to be true- not unlike several topics and comments made on forums. Everything else in that article rings of creditability. others are commenting about it and I put out my opinion (smartest one to date) on what the Indian MOD should go after if such a tender is put out.
Its a castle made out in thin air based on speculation, nothing more.

Japan just chose 42 F35 last month . Manufacturer Lockheed Martin also is looking to bring F-35s to South Korea in a deal that could be Seoul's biggest single defense outlay ever - 60 top-of-the-line fighters worth more than $7 billion. A decision could come as soon as October.

US is looking at just under 2400 aircrafts for all its service wings. Among the leading international partners, the U.K. is planning to buy 138 F-35s, Italy 131 and Canada 65. Australia has ordered 14 and has plans to buy as many as 100 for 16 billion Australian dollars ($17 billion).

The Israeli government selected the F-35A as its air force's next generation aircraft in 2010 - making it the first country to receive the F-35 through the U.S. government's Foreign Military Sales process.

Singapore also has said it will buy F-35, although it hasn't set numbers yet, and there may be longer-term interest from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Brazil and India- Hardy, of IHS Jane's.

people are crazy to think F 35 is not going to be the most technologically advanced aircraft ( its weapons, electronic packages and radars itself is far superior to Russian or Chinese already ).
Go post in F35 thread.

Illusive

Country flag
Please read what I post and in context before replying with what first comes into your head.

where did you come up with the aircraft costs 300 million?
Easy mate, I just cut short the long discussion. The facts are in front of you, India has previously rejected F35 and Rafale has won MRCA. So F35 doesnt come to picture anywhere.

About price, check http://prospectjournal.ucsd.edu/blog/index.php/f-35b-unit-costs-hits-300-million/
Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SpArK

SORCERER

Chinese are silent.. probably taking pics of that black boat like looking thing they call J- something ...hiding in bushes, to claim its the best , better than F-22 and blah blah blahss..

Nagraj

Some people on this thread need to zip their potty mouth and
and some people need to just calm down and take it easy.... :)

Immanuel

Country flag
well the best weapons for the Rafale are still unkil's goodies;

JDAM-ER/L

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...UEoT7OWNsSF-wbH2MmuBQ&ved=0CCgQ9QEwAQ&dur=345

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=pave...rt=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0&tx=111&ty=112

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Lase...bnw=107&start=18&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:18

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=jsow...8&tbnw=169&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=JSOW...bnw=193&start=66&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:22,s:66

Boeing: Standoff Land Attack Missile Expanded Response SLAM ER -- SLAM ER Specifications

SLAM-ER, far cheaper and better alternative to the Taurus or the Storm shadow, We can't get Taurus full spec because its range is around 500km. SLAM-ER can hit targets on land, sea as well as moving targets.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=AARG...bnw=124&start=18&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:17,s:18

AAGRM is the newest version of the HARM, kick ass anti rad missile which can be acquired also for a decent price.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=CBU+...1&tbnw=191&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0

This bad boy has already been purchased is ideal on the Raffy, I think we should order another 2000 of these bombs

Unkil's weapons pack is ideal for Raffy, will allow us to acquire tons of them for w lower cost and provide very good standoff heavy pounding capability.

JayATL

The Pakistanis are saying EF was better ( they would have said Rafale was better had EF been chosen) and chinese are saying their tin pot, cobwebs for technology, unproven J10B and J17 is at or above par compared to rafale. essentially you have the classic case of the dumb and dumber showcase on those forums.

SpArK

SORCERER
The Pakistanis are saying EF was better ( they would have said Rafale was better had EF been chosen) and chinese are saying their tin pot, cobwebs for technology, unproven J10B and J17 is at or above par compared to rafale. essentially you have the classic case of the dumb and dumber showcase on those forums.

They would have been on moon... if EFT won.. all sort of theories like French submarine, french avionics, rafale buys, etc would have been vomited by the brain dead think tanks ably supported by what-ever-they buy-we go-KABOOM guys....

They feel dejected more by Rafale win.

trackwhack

Hmm.... makes one wonder what you are doing here. :taunt:

Sorry Jay, was too tempting to resist.

Nagraj

Dude you are too obsessed with pak . not good for health.
just a friendly advice :)
On second thoughts i will ove to see an analysis by the guy in ur avatar
Any paki media reaction?? Any member have any paki clips

Last edited:

Nagraj

Dude sry
I admit this forum is much better but we do have our share. sry after watching few people vomiting anything which comes to their mind.
Hmm.... makes one wonder what you are doing here. :taunt:

Sorry Jay, was too tempting to resist.

JayATL

Does it mean tender for IAF? Does it mean exhaustive evaluation process? How can you imagine so many things out of a vague unconfirmed line?

Its a castle made out in thin air based on speculation, nothing more.

Go post in F35 thread.
maybe comprehending the English language is a bit difficult for you or you don't know how your govt works. To invite people who were excluded from the CURRENT PROCESS! - you will have to issue a new tender . this is not what you imagine is a birthday party, where a hall mark invitation card is sent out.

It's no more of castle than every other topic on these forums. People opine based on news articles all the time . When people opined which country would pressure India into buying their aircraft , it was also based on speculation, as we did not have the phones tapped or email hacked to know with a 100% certainty what was going on behind the scene.

If you feel that it was castle, why did you engage in the debate with me? why did you bring JSF and NATO shield links into the conversation here?

sukhish

All,
forget about pak for a minute. I was for typhoon, but the MoD has given me a shock as well.
But please answer my concerns here:
rafale does have good points, the cockpit is just amasing and their TV chanel equipment is also revolutionary. the cocpit human interface is a very new concept. but what about engine ( A2A ) capability. and also the nose is to short for the a good AESA radar. it seems the typhoon nose could have accomodated a big radar.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Chinese are silent.. probably taking pics of that black boat like looking thing they call J- something ...hiding in bushes, to claim its the best , better than F-22 and blah blah blahss..
Chinese are shaking in their boots as Rafale changes the balance of power...

Last edited by a moderator: