Know Your 'Rafale'

nrj

Country flag
What! do you guys just blurt out stuff because it comes to your mind immediately? what does the current tender won by dassault have to do with my conversation of offering the F35 on the additional 80 ( to come) tender?
Tell me when there is another MRCA tender for IAF.

Nirvana

So Basically our Future Air force fleet Should Look Like This - This will be our Mainstay Fighter's

Sukhoi 30 Mki

Lca Tejas

Pak-Fa / FGFA

Rafale

pankaj nema

Country flag
Sarkozy will be So drunk tonight with joy that CARLA BRUNI must keep a very tight leash on him

India SHOULD NOT be blamed if Sarkozy STRAYS TONIGHT and forgets his marriage vows :lol::lol:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Actually I kinda agree that it makes absolutely no friggin sense to invite another tender for 4 or 4.5 gen planes.

Just save the monies for extra PAKFAs or buy the Rafale itself for the SFC.

SpArK

SORCERER
@ nirwana ........AMCA??? ok.. its Indian.. forget it..

trackwhack

The extended tender for 80 aircraft is for the SFC from what we have read so far. What makes you think that the SFC will buy a plane with an 800 mile range? What are we going to use that for? Putting out a fire over the Himalayas?
Come back when you have a 5th gen plane that has operational specs that meet requirements of our defence needs.

How can you call a plane with an 800 mile range a multirole fighter?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
So Basically our Future Air force fleet Should Look Like This - This will be our Mainstay Fighter's

Sukhoi 30 Mki

Lca Tejas

Pak-Fa / FGFA

Rafale

I like what i see :che:

Last edited:

JayATL

F 35 has issues mate, it was grounded
F-35 fleet grounded after electrical subsystem failure

Poor Royal navy
War News Updates: Design Flaw On F-35 Makes It Unable To Land On Aircraft Carriers

There are a lot of other customers, long que.
Firstly , the issue is with some variants of F35. not all. secondly, if glitches are the show stoppers then you would have to have dumped your arjun, LCA and many such projects . Lastly, are you really betting against the american military and aviation powerhouse?

Japan to buy Lockheed’s F-35 fighter jet - FT.com

pankaj nema

Country flag
Does any one an idea how are french n terms of services.
i mean cost of spare parts and time spent on it et al.??
IAF SWEARS by the Mirage 2000

They call it their NUMBER 2 plane after Su 30 mki

That is why we are spending so much on Mirage upgrade

The Mirage positive experience has played a very big role in this Rafale selection

Our Business relations ie of Fighter planes go far back .The Mirage 2000 was purchased in 1982

So we know who we are dealing with ; what to expect what to demand

So there is a comfort level within the IAF as far as French planes are concerned

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Its Germany's call AFAIK, Brits are done. Spain, Italy can not even spare a penny :lol:
Germany is busy gutting their military so I highly doubt they will buy. They lost huge in Japan. No funding for tranche 3B. It is more like Euro Fcked Consortium...

SpArK

SORCERER
"It shows that when you have a good product, and have the will to support , we can win extraordianiremen competitive markets, there is nothing inevitable " , - Nicolas Sarkozy , after announcement that India entered into exclusive negotiations with France for the purchase of 126 fighter group Dassault Aviation .

KS

Bye bye DFI
Hilarious comments by disgruntled Pommies :

It will all even out. Contract loss = industry decline = wage deflation = globalisation returns home = more call centres in the UK.

Soon I will be able to talk to Jocks and Scousers about my bank account. There will be nothing in the account, but at least I will understand what is being said

Does anyone think globalisation is a bit like eating a shit sandwich?
Perhaps the Pakistanis will buy some Typhoons in readiness for their next little spat with the Indians, whereafter the Indians will come along looking for Typhoons to replace the shot down Raphales...

india has some of the worst povity and corruption on earth, what do they need jets for, like giving 3 year old jets, giving them jets is just making the peoples life worst, the jets will be used for a few spoilt brats to make out their british aristo's, just little children dressing up, if a real war started they would use the jets to hide.

India is very backward and we should take responabilty for our actions, the kindest thing we could do is pull every thing out of india, put a fence round it and call it a zoo, and allow no one in or out for at least 100,000 years or till they reach the level of 5 year olds.
We let them buy our companies - steel and Land Rover Jaguar but we can't buy theirs in India. We supply them with aid and yet they have hundreds of millions without clean water and basic sanitation they do nothing to help. We import their workers by the hundreds of thousands who remit billions back to India and send work to Bangalore worth more. We gave them their values, law and independence.
Big mistake by India since they chose the aircraft on cost rather than capabilities. Suggest we start negotiations to sell Typhoons to Pakistan to give them superior aircraft to India. Maybe India will change their mind.
The Indians appear to have just chosen the older Hurricane over the brand new Spitfire because it's cheaper! But all is not lost - we could use a billion of DFID's foreign aid to help Pakistan get a squadron of Typhoons and let India reconsider how good the French Rafale actually is!!
:tinfoil3:

Last edited:

Eiffe

Great News.. Made my day :)

I hope they do not start another mini MMRCA for those 80 jet fighters.. the should instead buy 200 rafales :thumb:

Nirvana

Pakis lack funds to buy any of given fighter hence they rejected both of them long time back

nrj

Country flag
Last edited: