Know Your 'Rafale'

KS

Bye bye DFI
Perhaps it is time we had another thread titled "Ultra stupid comments from Pommie land".

Eiffe

hahahaha i seriously hope the Chinese induct some jf 17 crap just for friendship sake.. i am having sympathy for those poor pakis. :rofl:

Illusive

Country flag
Firstly , the issue is with some variants of F35. not all. secondly, if glitches are the show stoppers then you would have to have dumped your arjun, LCA and many such projects . Lastly, are you really betting against the american military and aviation powerhouse?

Japan to buy Lockheed's F-35 fighter jet - FT.com
IAF doesn't need F-35, its way too expensive, over $300 million a unit:shocked:. Rafale fills the requirement of MRCA and pls dont compare indigenous projects with foreign imports.

Japan, its a no-brainer. They'll always select american

pack leader

good luck and great choice i hope you will remember us for wepons and exesoris
the best a-g fghiter in the world today

pankaj nema

Country flag
अंग्रेजो की EDIT में बहुत दर्द हो रहा है
Mate the pommies will overcome their grief

You must the see the Pakistani grief

Right now there is total shock and awe

A total WHINE FEST is going on

They are waving the " WHITE flag " of peace

The GREEN FLAG has been DUMPED :taunt::taunt:

Last edited by a moderator:

Adux

Country flag
I am a bit disheartened because I wanted a 180 vs 700 odd planes in favor of the EF to win this, since they do have the scale. But $5 million dollar /aircraft is a lot of money. Best of luck Indian Air force!

JayATL

Where is the world does it call for separate MRCA tender for IAF ?

Added Later: Its unconfirmed cocky source anyways -
First , what part of invite players excluded from the current process , is difficult to comprehend as a new tender?

second, yes it is a speculative comment and I was opining if it turned out to be true- not unlike several topics and comments made on forums. Everything else in that article rings of creditability. others are commenting about it and I put out my opinion (smartest one to date) on what the Indian MOD should go after if such a tender is put out.

Japan just chose 42 F35 last month . Manufacturer Lockheed Martin also is looking to bring F-35s to South Korea in a deal that could be Seoul's biggest single defense outlay ever - 60 top-of-the-line fighters worth more than $7 billion. A decision could come as soon as October.

US is looking at just under 2400 aircrafts for all its service wings. Among the leading international partners, the U.K. is planning to buy 138 F-35s, Italy 131 and Canada 65. Australia has ordered 14 and has plans to buy as many as 100 for 16 billion Australian dollars ($17 billion).

The Israeli government selected the F-35A as its air force's next generation aircraft in 2010 - making it the first country to receive the F-35 through the U.S. government's Foreign Military Sales process.

Singapore also has said it will buy F-35, although it hasn't set numbers yet, and there may be longer-term interest from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Brazil and India- Hardy, of IHS Jane's.

people are crazy to think F 35 is not going to be the most technologically advanced aircraft ( its weapons, electronic packages and radars itself is far superior to Russian or Chinese already ).

Last edited:

Nirvana

Mate the pommies will overcome their grief

You must the see the Pakistani grief

Right now there is total shock and awe

A total WHINE FEST is going on

They waving the " WHITE flag " of peace

The GREEN FLAG has been DUMPED :taunt::taunt:
A Post by a Paki Member surprised me today , this guy just as the Result came out posted " we have rejected both of this fighter's already , its better to Purchase More JF-17 in that money which can inflict more damage "

KS

Bye bye DFI
------------nvm---------------

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Didn't get you.??\
Dude what do mean.
I mean can you explain a little??
Pack means Israeli avionics like we've done for the Sukhois.

KS

Bye bye DFI
------------nvm-----------------

Last edited:

SpArK

SORCERER
A Post by a Paki Member surprised me today , this guy just as the Result came out posted " we have rejected both of this fighter's already , its better to Purchase More JF-17 in that money which can inflict more damage "

He has Jammed his rear with hot air... :rofl:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Rafale : Dassault into exclusive negotiations with India
Les Echos, jan 31

[...]
Sole candidate, Dassault has wide latitude to complete its victory even if the Eurofighter consortium is on the lookout for the slightest misstep of his rival. "The negotiations are likely to be very difficult, said Endre Lunde, a consultant at IHS Jane's, quoted by AFP. India is very demanding in terms of participation of local industry. "Of the 126 Rafale planned, 18 will be built in France, the other under license in India by HAL group . In addition to a good news for the budget of the Ministry of Defence is the promise of a significant workload for the many French firms involved in the program.

The Indian Army confirms by the way how highly it thinks of "made in France" weapons . Thales, combined with Dassault, recently signed a contract of EUR 1.5 billion to modernize its fifty Mirage 2000 in service. MBDA expects an agreement soon almost a billion to supply air to air missiles. And the selection of the Rafale by New Delhi could favorably influence the ongoing negotiations in the UAE.

Abu Dhabi is negotiating for more than three years now the purchase 60 copies of the French fighter. In November, the rant against Dassault, vilified as too expensive, has raised fears that all was lost. Wrongly, because since, the two parties resumed the negotiations, and very seriously, according to our information. "Good news are like bad news, they fly in squadron. Here is the beginning of a squadron of good news ", says Gerard Longuet, the defense minister ...

Google translated from:
http://archives.lesechos.fr/archives...1872617666.htm

Last edited:

pankaj nema

Country flag
Brother Spark why were you BANNED from the PURE FORUM and how long is your ban

LOVE you here

This is your HOME

SpArK

SORCERER
The Mica deals were an indication of the possible winner...

People were saying.. US got this ...French got that deals ... Now europe will get MRCA... but it was proved a flawed argument.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Shit..yesterday I was free..and tomorrow too is free.

But today I've got to go to school and this freakin news comes today...:tsk: