Country flag
self delete

Last edited:

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Air&Cosmos 2412, june 27:

3 pages on Garuda V; excerpts:

- The French detachment included 94 military, among them 14 Rafale crews and only 27 technicians.

- the Commander of the Lorraine squadron [UAE] and IAF group captain Rajat prepared this exercice since December 2013

- In terms of weaponry, the IAF wanted to protect the confidentiality of its air-air missiles. Both parties therefore agreed to use the same air-air, fire and forget, fictional missile. Its range was roughly comparable to Mica. "so, only pilot experience and team tactic make the difference."

- However, both Armée de l'Air and IAF played their conventional air-ground weaponry : bombs equipped with AASM kit for the French side, smooth mk 82 and laser guided munitions for the IAF.

- According to Air Commodore Saju "missions, red against blue, have opposed mixed teams, the goal was to train French and Indian pilots to work together"

- Difference of culture: in the IAF, the air traffic controller is the key player, he conducts the missions and gives the orders of commitments. Conversely, this task is delegated to the pilot who is head of mission in the Adla. "in NATO we work with L16 . therefore the head of mission receives the same information than the controllers while benefiting in addition from a faster information from the sensors of its own aircraft"

- Air Commodore Saju was satisfied "we have improved our methods to conduct operations in distant theaters , it is the advantage of working with pilots and technicians who served in Afghanistan, Mali or Libya "

- A dozen Indian pilots have flown on Rafale B. But the French pilots who have flown on SU-30 had little freedom because of their unfamiliarity with the aircraft.

- According to French pilots: the SU-30 has a previous generation cockpit ergonomics while the Rafale has a Hotas interface. SU-30 has good maneuverability with a good thrust-to-weight ratio and thrust vectoring; "Nevertheless, Rafale , in a larger range of speed, is more maneuverable than SU-30" says Lieutenant-Colonel Lyautey. "However, it would take more time to estimate the performance of the aircraft, i made only 2 close combat against the SU-30. "

- " the Goal of the IAF was not to evaluate the Rafale, this work has already been done," said a pilot. However, the Indians have watched with interest how the Rafale is used. Many observations that could help to define the future employment of the Rafale in the IAF.

COURTESY-OLYBRIUS
THANK U FOR THE INFO MATE

Pandora

Country flag
Poor Su 30Mki:p well no doubt its previous generation ergonomics as Rafale is 4+++ Gen and Su 30Mki is 4+ Gen.Wait for Block 2 Upgrade.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Marketting !! Pfft !!!

even the Su 30mki has french avionics why dont u call those marketing Huh :lol:

Rafale's cockpit is one of smoothest & well integrated till this date now obviously the french pilots would downgrade that part in SU 30mki ,

CHEERS

Country flag
Marketting !! Pfft !!!

Rafale's cockpit is one of smoothest & well integrated till this date now obviously the french pilots would downgrade that part in SU 30mki ,

CHEERS
saar, I am talking about maneuver. Even americans were amazed by maneuvering of su30mki

hitesh

However, forking out $20 billion to the
French – at a time when ordinary
Indians are being asked to brace for
tough economic decisions by the
government – seems overly
extravagant. If technology absorption
and diversification are indeed the
driving motives, India should be able to
do both and save money by cutting the
order by, say, half.
It seems counterintuitive that Indians
– who are legendary or rather
notorious for their bargaining skills –
are not able to drive down the Rafale's
price to Flanker levels. The
Sukhoi-30MKI is an excellent
bargaining chip India has, and New
Delhi must learn how to play its air ace
well.
Sukhoi-30MKI is India's fallback fighter | idrw.org
Why do you want Rafale at Su30's cost ? Su30 might be cheaper than Rafale but Quality & life-cycle cost if considered it will will be a good deal . Mig29 was cheaper than Mirage 2000 but IAF still loves the Mirage that till it is not ready to leave mirage easily & getting costly upgrades for it .
Yes it would be interesting to see if the gov who is lecturing tough decisions & hiking cost of rail travel and other commodities have to say about an expensive import , but have to take the nations security priority into consideration too as pakistan already going with production of there jf17 & having an eye on china's new fighter . People who calls china's fighter crap should know that by hook or crook they have started fighter jet development & now testing heavy weight lifter similar to american C17 & Indian still trying to look as the only good guy in the block

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
All the french goods are to expensive.... we can argue on the quality but even sukhoi which is definately far better than rafale is cheaper...
Just for the sake of TOT which till date has not prooved as effective as they say apart from few....
Induct more Sukhoi Induct more tejas induct lesser rafale......
Why do you want Rafale at Su30's cost ? Su30 might be cheaper than Rafale but Quality & life-cycle cost if considered it will will be a good deal . Mig29 was cheaper than Mirage 2000 but IAF still loves the Mirage that till it is not ready to leave mirage easily & getting costly upgrades for it .
Yes it would be interesting to see if the gov who is lecturing tough decisions & hiking cost of rail travel and other commodities have to say about an expensive import , but have to take the nations security priority into consideration too as pakistan already going with production of there jf17 & having an eye on china's new fighter . People who calls china's fighter crap should know that by hook or crook they have started fighter jet development & now testing heavy weight lifter similar to american C17 & Indian still trying to look as the only good guy in the block

Pulkit

Country flag
Electronics can be upgraded ...
Radars can be replaced ...
But the design cannot be changed .
Are you trying to say Rafale has a better design than Su ?
If yes then do share your sources or reference.....
Marketting !! Pfft !!!

CHEERS

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
But the design cannot be changed .
Are you trying to say Rafale has a better design than Su ?
If yes then do share your sources or reference.....
plz learn to comprehend what i have posted earliear

now where the hell did i mention about design / neither the article mentioned about design either

you are unnecessary flooding this thread with off topic posts

plz avoid it atleast not in this thread , this is strictly an info thread

if u want a Versus scenario then create another thread & mention my name i would explain you everthing about rafale's design vs Su 30 design but not in this thread

CHEERS

Pulkit

Country flag
Ha ha why are you getting so worked up...
I sisnt say anything to offend you at all and nothing i said was off topic..
I simply asked what were you trying to say in your last post...
I donot want to compare Rafale with sukhoi...
instead of bashing you could have justsaid yes or no and thats it....

plz learn to comprehend what i have posted earliear

now where the hell did i mention about design / neither the article mentioned about design either

you are unnecessary flooding this thread with off topic posts

plz avoid it atleast not in this thread , this is strictly an info thread

if u want a Versus scenario then create another thread & mention my name i would explain you everthing about rafale's design vs Su 30 design but not in this thread

CHEERS

Articles