Know Your 'Rafale'

sukhish

livefist Livefist Blog
Sources: EADS seriously considering contesting #Rafale selection in #MMRCA. Not without a fight, apparently.
3mn ago

Twitter
kunal,
could you please shed some light over the less powerful engines of rafale. even though I was rooting for EF typhoon, I still think the revolutionary design of the rafale cockpit and some very new components like the tv channel etc are really good. but the AESA radar and engine performance bothers me the most.

sathya

Livefist: Disappointed, But It Ain't Over: Eurofighter

Eurofighter Statement: India took the decision to select our competitor as the preferred bidder in the Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) tender. Although this is not yet a contract signature and contract negotiations are still ahead, we are disappointed. However, we respect the decision of the Indian MoD. With the Eurofighter Typhoon, we offered the Indian Air Force the most modern combat aircraft available. Based on the Indian Government feedback, we will now carefully analyze and evaluate this situation together with our European Partner Companies and their respective Governments.

Blackwater

Guys, the $1.23 billion 500 air-to-air MICA missiles deal for the Mirage-2000's on Jan 4 this year are also the primary air-to-air weapon of Rafale till MBDA Meteor comes in 2013/14.

Now that deal makes more sense

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Maybe the second tender might be for naval variant.
IN is not as stupid as IAF and IA are. Admiral Verma already has mentioned in press release that they will stick to the current fighter jet types. Please google it.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
This is going to boost export prospects all over the world. Outsourcing to India and increasing production is going to significantly lower the cost of the plane. Qatar and Kuwait were waiting for an export success and there is no bigger than India. UAE will have to re-examine its position now that India will help develop a more powerful engine that they wanted. Not to mention serious price cuts. Suisse already have a new L1 bid that can't deny is far better than the Gripen offer that is plagued with irregularities. When Brasil is ready to pony-up some cash it gives Rafale a whole new look. Malaysia I think is a win now.

nrj

Country flag
IN is not as stupid as IAF and IA are. Admiral Verma already has mentioned in press release that they will stick to the current fighter jet types. Please google it.
IAF and IA are stupid ?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
One thing that is certain is that we should stay as far away as possible from yankee fighters.

Bottom line is that they simply can't be trusted and furthermore they dont share source code and come with too many strings like there personnel will stay on base with aircraft and only they will perform critical maintainence. phack them.

Last edited:

JayATL

The JSF development contract was signed in November 1996. The PAKFA development decision was taken in 2002 and the equivalent of a contract was in 2004. Your response genius.
What does when a contract to develop have to do with who is going to be a ready platform and proven one earlier? What kind of education have you sustained in life that you come with such failed logic? T50 was first approved the 80's . Your PAKFA is T50 tweaked. You can't go anywhere till T50 trails are completed in full. Agian stop derailing this topic with your typical undereducated responses.

Nagraj

well aimimng will difficult from the aircraft and it's not like one shot one kill i mean we are talking about two platforms moving at above MACH speeds
Same goes for most aircraft, One shell is enough to make a Aircraft drop out of sky.

pankaj nema

Country flag
When India approved the Mirage upgrade and the recent Missile purchase I WROTE here that
the Rafale costs and Mirage upgrade costs TAKEN together will now be much more palatable
and Rafale had a much better chance of winning

THANK GOD I have been proven right

And add to it the ease of negotiating with one country

trackwhack

What does when a contract to develop have to do with who is going to be a ready platform and proven one earlier? What kind of education have you sustained in life that you come with such failed logic? T50 was first approved the 80's . Your PAKFA is T50 tweaked. You can't go anywhere till T50 trails are completed in full. Agian stop derailing this topic with your typical undereducated responses.
I understand the heartburn you are going through because we threw the crappy American planes out of the tender. But you must brace yourself for the shocker when your own defence forces will say no to the F 35. Two trillion in R&D flowing down the drain will make for a pretty picture. In the meantime, over the next 20 years, there will be about 1500 PAK FA's flying. Welcome to the real world - here is the red pill, let me show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

btw: Arent you feeling like shit with me ignoring your name calling? :kiss:

Last edited:

laltaputu

15 Factors for the Dassault Rafale wins MMRCA

1.IAF's love for Mirrage 2000 which is a very potent platform.

2.Infrastructure created for over 100 mirages in the 80's can be used now.

3.Upgrade of Mirrage 2000 to Mirrage 2000-5 MK2 standard which will be a similarity with Rafale

4. The 1 billion dollar invested in MICA missile.

5.Dassault Rafale was build from ground up tp be a omirole or multirole platform which the IAF wants

6.SPECTRA + AESA in 2012 (Typhoons AESA 2015) + AASM (proved in Libya)

7.Dual sit version useful for training and more useful for ground attack(twin seater of typhoon is only a trainer without any advantage)

8.Dassault Rafale is cheaper than typhoon.

9.French a reliable supplier not sanctioning india after 1998.

10.All components from one country no dealing with 4 countries.

11.Dassault Rafale has almost all french components while Typhoon has some american components susceptible to sanctions.

12.Full transfer of technology including source code.

13.Today in European crisis France can give us more political leverage than UK+Germany,italy and spain are in deep crisis.

14.Marine version present which makes it attractive for Indian Navy.

15.Hidden deals in STRATEGIC , ECONOMICAL and INDIGENOUS DEVELOPMENT(KAVERI,MCA,SSN,SSBN etc) arena.

laltaputu

1.IAF's love for Mirrage 2000 which is a very potent platform.

2.Infrastructure created for over 100 mirages in the 80's can be used now.

3.Upgrade of Mirrage 2000 to Mirrage 2000-5 MK2 standard which will be a similarity with Rafale

4. The 1 billion dollar invested in MICA missile.

5.Dassault Rafale was build from ground up tp be a omirole or multirole platform which the IAF wants

6.SPECTRA + AESA in 2012 (Typhoons AESA 2015) + AASM (proved in Libya)

7.Dual sit version useful for training and more useful for ground attack(twin seater of typhoon is only a trainer without any advantage)

8.Dassault Rafale is cheaper than typhoon.

9.French a reliable supplier not sanctioning india after 1998.

10.All components from one country no dealing with 4 countries.

11.Dassault Rafale has almost all french components while Typhoon has some american components susceptible to sanctions.

12.Full transfer of technology including source code.

13.Today in European crisis France can give us more political leverage than UK+Germany,italy and spain are in deep crisis.

14.Marine version present which makes it attractive for Indian Navy.

15.Hidden deals in STRATEGIC , ECONOMICAL and IINDIGENOUS DEVELOPMENT(KAVERI,MCA,SSN,SSBN etc) arena.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Please Mr. Subramaiam Swamy..for IAF sake STFU....

I don't care if Maino made 2 billion as long as the IAF is being modernized. Let not the Fighter modernization become another Artillery saga.

Please.