Know Your 'Rafale'

trackwhack

I'm reading all over in various forums silly comments on the allocation of the remianing 80 aircrafts. The remaining 80 aircrafts must go towards purchasing 5th Gen aircraft. It makes no sense to buy another set of 4 Gen . Why would you reopen a new RFP and tender, to only buy older gen aircraft or buy one that you have rejected for dassault? Look at what Korea is doing ... F35 is the obvious choice. Plus it's a hedge against Russian infamous delivery schedules on PAK FA.
F-35 is the obvious choice - for retards who have surplus cash to burn.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The MMRCA contract is 126 with an option for 74. I can't imagine they would launch a new tender when they are already paying for the option.
It is just a spice up add by our media to increase its TRP. They always have this fancy way of dropping a bomb at the end to increase hype and pave way for more readers' eyes. 200 MRCAs is 100% sure because we are phasing out more older aircraft and 126 is simply not enough.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Is there going to be a second tender?
No second tender, I guess, may be a ploy to keep down the noise level from the losers, that is part 1

part 2 to Dassault, if you screw up now, we will look at others :D

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
They even Dreamed about Rafale:

Photoshop Rafale for PAF :thumb:

OMFG!!! Any idea who has done this (blogger's name or something)? :lol:

I won't be surprised if Blackwater's news about riots in Karachi over Rafale winning the tender is true. Might as well check out Rupee news about how the French have converted to Hindoo Zionism. :D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
479 users on the thread. I think this is the highest ever on any thread.

sukhish

OH BOY,
i was proven wrong on this one. I thought that typhoon offers better ToT than rafale , and the GoI would go in for typhoon. may be not. but I'm still happy with the french selection for couple of reasons:

1) rafale cockpit is very revolutionary, EF typhoon cockpit looked sililar to the tejas.
2) there are some new devices liek the TV channel which are very revolutionary in rafale.
3) I get the feeling that India will get PAK-FA from russia and will fit french avionics in them
4) France was the only conuntry which promised us no restriction on ENR, despite the latest NSG bungle.
5) UK will now get a lesson that raking up kashmir issue is going to cost them lot of jobs in future.

JAISWAL

NOW, this article is saying that MoD / GoI might issue a second tendor for 80 more a/c.
I think they might be out of their mind for doing so.
One of the sources said France's Rafale jet was the likely winner, adding that the defense ministry was now considering buying another 80 or so jets and could invite bidders excluded from the current process to take part
Source~~ No India jet fighter deal before end March: minister | Reuters

JayATL

If USA wants to sell F35 they better send 20 of them free of cost then we will buy 80 of those, if found unfit we will return the 20, BTW this time we should start 5G tender for 80 fighters only.
Where do you come up with such idiocy ? You want to bet against American ingenuity, established superiority and technological advancement- based on some small hiccups ? If I followed your fickle logic , your LCA would be trashed and used as guli danda target practice.

Immanuel

Country flag
Great news indeed! Rafale has the least amount of US components. It is the best possible choice.
Well that has little affect since critical tech like Spectra's secretive radar components still come from the US. Lots of radar, targeting and safety systems come from the US. Furthermore with such a large purchase chances are its weapons pack will be mostly American.

JayATL

F-35 is the obvious choice - for retards who have surplus cash to burn.
Only an idiot like you would open a tender, issue a RFP all over again to choose a 4 th gen aircraft. Or worse yet to choose one that lost to dassault. I had you and morons likewise in mind when I said I read comments advocating such.

sathya

OH BOY,
i was proven wrong on this one. I thought that typhoon offers better ToT than rafale , and the GoI would go in for typhoon. may be not. but I'm still happy with the french selection for couple of reasons:

1) rafale cockpit is very revolutionary, EF typhoon cockpit looked sililar to the tejas.
2) there are some new devices liek the TV channel which are very revolutionary in rafale.
3) I get the feeling that India will get PAK-FA from russia and will fit french avionics in them
4) France was the only conuntry which promised us no restriction on ENR, despite the latest NSG bungle.
5) UK will now get a lesson that raking up kashmir issue is going to cost them lot of jobs in future.
except 1 & 2 , others are only assumption..
even 1&2 is not a big deal.. u can add on when u want..

H.A.

NOW, this article is saying that MoD / GoI might issue a second tendor for 80 more a/c.
I think they might be out of their mind for doing so.
One of the sources said France's Rafale jet was the likely winner, adding that the defense ministry was now considering buying another 80 or so jets and could invite bidders excluded from the current process to take part
Source~~ No India jet fighter deal before end March: minister | Reuters
I guess this must be on the account of the 2 Billion Dollars saved over EF.

Last edited:

sathya

Only an idiot like you would open a tender, issue a RFP all over again to choose a 4 th gen aircraft. Or worse yet to choose one that lost to dassault. I had you and morons likewise in mind when I said I read comments advocating such.
oh buddy he was talking about Europeans.. who can afford F35

KS

Bye bye DFI
Catfish...go suck an Egg.....:wave:

Rafale ki Jai ho...:thumb:

sayareakd

Country flag
man USA is worse looser, they cannt digest the fact that their fighter has lost the tender, even their new lollipop, was also rejected.

trackwhack

Ok Genius.
I am heartbroken that we don't have your wisdom guiding our Defence Acquisition decision makers.

btw: Do you have a flying F 35 yet? What's the timeline for Induction into the USAF? 2020? Ah, so sometime after we induct about 4 squadrons of FGFA's your bird may start flying? OK, great.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
livefist Livefist Blog
Sources: EADS seriously considering contesting #Rafale selection in #MMRCA. Not without a fight, apparently.
3mn ago

Twitter