Know Your 'Rafale'

sathya

i am worried about

1.Engine - current engine is under powered, it didnt fare well in leh test i guess..
Will India go for current one or uprated one or kaveri mix..
2.Armaments - EFT claimed armaments can european or USA, making it potent & cheaper
can we integerate USA or Russian weapon onto Rafale
3.Version - EFT offeed tranche 3 latest one
Can we get D version of rafale
4.Upgradation- can we participate in rafale upgrade like EFT offered us
5.50 %Reinvestment- Will french buy rafale components from.us.i guess its going to be airbus..
6.Why the heck additional 80 crafts will be open to all bidders ? normally winner only gets it..

Last edited:

sathya

i am worried about

1.Engine - current engine is under powered, it didnt fare well in leh test i guess..
2.Armaments - EFT claimed armaments can european or USA, making it potent & cheaper
5.50 %Reinvestment- Will french buy rafale components from.us.i guess its going to be airbus..
6.Why the heck additional 80 crafts will be open to all bidders ? normally winner only gets it..

Last edited:

Param

i am worried about

If they had cancelled it , there would have been no worries.

StealthSniper

So Rafale won................ Finally a decision and let's see if this means more export customers for Rafale now. Let's hope IAF gets what it wants out of this deal. At least we have full TOT i hope.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Dassault has confirmed the news folks:

Rafale is coming in IAF colors. :thumb:

What's the bet that Sarko would French smooch MMS in the next meeting they hold? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
I'll call it a victory to Armand ;) ; and now Pakistan will buy Eurofighter Typhoon as they were dreaming so...:lol:

BTW congrats !! to DFI members !! such a long but fruitful wait :india:

Who will be paying for the Eurofighters for Pakistan?

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Kunal and other Digach, maybe we need a dedicated thread on Dassault Rafale :)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
yeah we have to satisfy Uncle with overpriced and over valued fighter, therefore we are going for second tender. Rafale will not be part of this tender.
The MMRCA contract is 126 with an option for 74. I can't imagine they would launch a new tender when they are already paying for the option.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I don't think we'd be going for a second tender, people. A second tender for what is what is the question. Strategic Forces Command squadron? Even then, a SU-35BM would win it rather than an F-16 or F/A-18.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
If so, I'm sure it won't be rafale. GoI would to keep others happy too.
IAF would do its nut not to diversify any more. Let's face it; we don't have the cash to operate 3 stealth platforms (assuming that F-35 is being considered). Superbugs and F-16s simply don't qualify our needs due to different conditions. This seems more like a Masala reading to me to keep viewers engaged and increase TRP.

JayATL

I'm reading all over in various forums silly comments on the allocation of the remianing 80 aircrafts. The remaining 80 aircrafts must go towards purchasing 5th Gen aircraft. It makes no sense to buy another set of 4 Gen . Why would you reopen a new RFP and tender, to only buy older gen aircraft or buy one that you have rejected for dassault? Look at what Korea is doing ... F35 is the obvious choice. Plus it's a hedge against Russian infamous delivery schedules on PAK FA.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Official Press release by Dassault Aviation

Rafale selected to equip the Indian Air Force

Saint-Cloud (France), January 31, 2012- Following the announcement of the final selection of the Rafale in the frame of the MMRCA program, Dassault Aviation and its partners are honored and grateful to the Indian Government and the people of India to be given the opportunity to extend their long-lasting cooperation.

Dassault Aviation and its partners reiterate their commitment to meet the operational requirements of the Indian Air Force and underline their pride in contributing to India's defence for over half a century.
http://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/...ash=8328870e9f

sayareakd

Country flag
If USA wants to sell F35 they better send 20 of them free of cost then we will buy 80 of those, if found unfit we will return the 20, BTW this time we should start 5G tender for 80 fighters only.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I understand what and why did you quoted this...

But French did nothing like Russia did.
All the projects you mentioned were just because French got a lot of dollars from Indian purse.
What should be looked more importantly is whether our iits are able to produce engineers in order to grasp and absorb all the tech and knowhow we have paid for??? :toilet:
Well you are grossly mistaken in your understanding, first nothing is free in this world. And please don't underestimate our engineering capability. Instead of putting generalized statement, will you elaborate, which part of the technology will be impossible to understand?

And the answer is a little glimsy.
I seriouslt doubt until serious step like abandoning the quota in iits iisc and nits atleast could take place.
Also big amount of money atleast 2% of our gdp must be put into R&D sector.
Well, first, the quota system should be abolished, but that is irrelevant to this thread, we can discuss it at some other place.

Another thing is instead of taking risky path like Tejas we must utilize the design of already tested birds like raptor F-35 and T-50.
There is no way we should again go into the cycle back and try to reinvent the engines and instead look for shortcuts wherever possible.
Well friend, you are mistaken again, no body gives you complete know how, Their is lot that goes on to designing the plane, for example if you really believe some body will give away the test data of the plane and explain that how they arrived to some particular set of steps for testing, you are dreaming to say at least. here the Tejas experience comes in. Tejas has given a lot to develop our aero space industry.

Kaveri Engine atlast is a good thing to come up.
Now we must make many derivatives of this and should replace all the trainer air craft and everything we have with these engines abd pump the revenue into more research to get a engine with more thrust and power.
I tend to agree with you here, the kaveri seems to be coming good, it is time to use them in some trainer versions initailly, and gradually shifting to combat version, which will allow to log up the flight hours, and further improve understanding of how it performs/ way to increase performance of the engine.

I don't think kaveri engine will be enough to power AMCA so care must be given to develop a powerful version of this basic design and involve russia too.
They will definitely give us what no one will and it will be better to pay them instead and get everything we desire.
Well the GTRE-Snecma deal is for a 95 KN version, of which two can be enough to power AMCA, and single can be chosen to power the LCA MK2 in MLU, as well as Rafale. Russia, I don't think is coming in to the picture for this deal at least, may be we will use the Gomov facilities for flight testing, but that has to be seen.

Rafale must be seen as a translation phase for our aviation sector.

As a capable jet Typhoon was much better but we can work on rafale and next time i don't wish to see a french upgrade but Rafale upgraded by Hal India.
Yes, what we are seeing is one of the most crucial phase in transition of Indian aviation industry.

:namaste:[/QUOTE]