Kaveri Engine

IndianHawk

Country flag
I have a doubt,I've seen many ppl compare it ge engine,then why exactly it fall short on dry/full afterburner thrust.
There are hundreds of parameters on which a modern engine must cross threshold. On many parameters kaveri is ahead of ge f404 but in some parameters it's way short. It's all very very complex read maityas post on BRF or their copy on this threads itself to understand the complexity.

IndianHawk

Country flag
View attachment 45508

Second graph is about temperature of exhaust gas from GE 404 , the NASA document published in 1986 . Exhaust gas temperature is about 1800C , Combustion chamber Temperature is more than this .

We can't settle on what achieve , we should improve , nobody is there to help us . We should develop materials and cooling techniques that can stand atleast 2300C for our future Aircrafts.
I read different some time back let me check more on this.

dude00720

Country flag
View attachment 45508

Second graph is about temperature of exhaust gas from GE 404 , the NASA document published in 1986 . Exhaust gas temperature is about 1800C , Combustion chamber Temperature is more than this .

We can't settle on what achieve , we should improve , nobody is there to help us . We should develop materials and cooling techniques that can stand atleast 2300C for our future Aircrafts.
It is not a case of increasing numbers. These centigrade degree increase are not linear in terms of difficult. They are like a Richter Scale. Every 1 increase in Richter is a exponential increase in damage.

Also, inside the Kaveri it does not have to be such a High temperature. Point is, different layers inside the engine could combine to create an exhaust which will power the Plane faster.

I come back to the basic thing.
Do we really know the challenges?

dude00720

Country flag
Here is what I gather affects Kaveri.
1) Materials which dont survive at Higher temperatures.
2) Lack of Metallurgy to create Materials aka super-alloys to survive these temperatures.

AFAIK, Pratt and Whitney sources these alloys from a 3rd party company called AMRDL.

This one is a Great Article. Do Read to understand how SuperAlloys are built. I can research further and find out more. But, I need confirmation, that, this is the problem.

https://www.americanscientist.org/article/each-blade-a-single-crystal

dude00720

Country flag
There are hundreds of parameters on which a modern engine must cross threshold. On many parameters kaveri is ahead of ge f404 but in some parameters it's way short. It's all very very complex read maityas post on BRF or their copy on this threads itself to understand the complexity.
Can you share the BRF Post please.

Kchontha

Country flag
Don't believe in whatever these fuc*** engine OEMs offer to you. They won't offer their pink a**. They only see the business opportunity in engine front that's all. I have been hearing these fuc****nonsense ever since the last fu***ng years. Instead of spreading these fuc**** fake news use your fingers on the right place...

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Annular combustor and new fan designed which is capable of giving compression ratio of 5+ and air velocity above 1556 m per second and temperature above 450* Kelvin. Now many buildings blocks of jet engine are ready. Once the reliable coating material is developed, we will be able to achieve jet engine for AMCA.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Annular combustor and new fan designed which is capable of giving compression ratio of 5+ and air velocity above 1556 m per second and temperature above 450* Kelvin. Now many buildings blocks of jet engine are ready. Once the reliable coating material is developed, we will be able to achieve jet engine for AMCA.
What will be thrust? Any idea.........

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
What will be thrust? Any idea.........
No idea but these Odisha building blocks for making bhai trust engines. The limitations we faced in making kaveri operational can be e overcome with these technologies which includes lower weight, higher trust , sustainable performance, vibrations under control, no deformation of blades etcetera.

Karthi

Country flag
Design of annular combustion chamber of a low bypass turbofan engine in a jet trainer aircraft.

Priyant Marka, A. Selwyn

Department of Aerospace Engineering, Karunya University, Coimbatore, T.N., India, A.E.R.D.C., Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd., Bangalore, KA, India

The combustorwiththecasingremoved(For small engine).jpg

The combustor with the casing removed

The wholecombustor.jpg

Karthi

Country flag
Design and CFD Simulation of Annular Combustion Chamber with Kerosene as Fuel for 20 kW Gas Turbine Engine
K. V. Chaudhari, D. B. Kulshreshtha, S.A. Channiwala.

(Department of Mechanical Engineering, GEC Bharuch, Guj. Tech. University, Gujarat, India,. (Department of Mechanical Engineering, C.K.P.C.E.T., Guj. Tech. University, Gujarat, India, (Department of Mechanical Engineering, S. V. N. I. T., Gujarat, India)

3-D model of Annular Combustor.jpg

3-D model of Annular Combustor

Mesh model of Annular Combustor.jpg

3-D mesh model of Annular Combustor

Streamline through the flow domain.jpg

Streamline through the flow domain

Temperature profile at the exit of the Combustor.jpg

Temperature profile at the exit of the Combustor

varun9509

Country flag
View attachment 45508

Why can't we ask all the government companies (like ISRO, BARC), all big private companies and all the top institutes and universities to collectively research on this thing. Hold an emergency meeting or something. We can collectively find a solution to this puzzle, if there is a will.

Karthi

Country flag
DESIGN OF ANNULAR COMBUSTION
CHAMBER WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF SWIRL TO PERFORM PRESSURE DROP
J. Sumendran, Kamal Raj Chandra Shekar, G. Jegadeeswari, B. Kirubadura

Wireframe CATIA model of Annular Combustor Model with Curved Type Swirl.jpg

Wireframe CATIA model of Annular Combustor Model with Curved Type Swirl.

Wireframe CATIA model of Annular Combustor Model with Flat Swirl.jpg

Wireframe CATIA model of Annular Combustor Model with Flat Swirl.

Wireframe CATIA model of general Annular Combustor.jpg

Wireframe CATIA model of general Annular Combustor.

Karthi

Country flag
Why can't we ask all the government companies (like ISRO, BARC), all big private companies and all the top institutes and universities to collectively research on this thing. Hold an emergency meeting or something. We can collectively find a solution to this puzzle, if there is a will.

Yes bro , GOI created a committee for working on this Dr S.K. Saraswat is the Head , he is a great scientist , I m sure that we will develop a jet engine for our AMCA.

Articles