INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Assuming VIP's are being allowed to shoot to create good first impressions.

First : OFB Should make then sit and shoot while resting the rifle on a sandbag or something. They might feel happy that atleast they hit the target, if they get a good grouping even better.

Second thing is make them shoot a open range, this place we keep seeing in the pics is claustrophobic. Bouncing sounds is also not helping.

Third : make them shoot with sighted optics in the beginning itself.

abingdonboy

Country flag
IWI Galil Sniper Rifle/Galatz
Heckler and Koch MSG90/PSG1
SVD Dragunov
Mauser SP66

These are some ones I pulled off the wiki. Might be more.

This is MK1C ..

5.56x45mm one, A gud replacement for 1B1 ..

Opened the twitter link to get fullsized image.Here it is.Enjoy.

P.S. Yeah,it's 5.56 x 45mm Excalibur Mk.1-C,as Kunal dada said.
Why the MK.1C is STILL without any orders is truly mystifying to me, the latest and greatest INSAS variant and yet it is going unnoticed and IA/media is busy abusing the INSAS.

IA shouldn't be allowed to keep changing the goalposts, they are intentionally undermining OFB.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Why the MK.1C is STILL without any orders is truly mystifying to me, the latest and greatest INSAS variant and yet it is going unnoticed and IA/media is busy abusing the INSAS.

IA shouldn't be allowed to keep changing the goalposts, they are intentionally undermining OFB.
By focusing only on IA, forces under MHA are getting away. There are atleast 2 million personnel under MHA.

I'd say new MHA policy should be brought in, saying that weapons which are more than 15 years old should have compulsory replacement(if available domestically ).

Welcome

Country flag
why still they are developing guns for army , they know that indian armed forces are not going to select any one.....army always has the reason to reject desi equipment . ...

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

You are right, MK1C is already tested and validated, they just changed the ammo type when it was finished....

Kchontha

Country flag
By focusing only on IA, forces under MHA are getting away. There are atleast 2 million personnel under MHA.

I'd say new MHA policy should be brought in, saying that weapons which are more than 15 years old should have compulsory replacement(if available domestically ).
Absolutely, BSF, which is under MHA imported Beretta 9mm carbine a few years back in spite of availability of indigenous option and had been greeted by berrel burst.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Whole Indian Army needs Amogh carbine and MK1C so does sniper rifles and GPMG in mass without delay ..

Their is need for training on using red dot sight and 2x mid range scope for all soldiers and officers ..

These women wings should be issued more lighter Excalibur mk1c or MSMC/jvpc instead of mk1c. Those will be a beauty among those beauty. I hope someday my wish is fulfilled.

SanjeevM

Country flag
Whole Indian Army needs Amogh carbine and MK1C so does sniper rifles and GPMG in mass without delay ..

Their is need for training on using red dot sight and 2x mid range scope for all soldiers and officers ..
I hope in wake of Doklam issue, Indian Army would have done soul searching. They must have realized that they cannot keep rejecting indigenous guns which are of good quality. Foreign guns can't come in near future. So they have to approve indigenous guns and let their bulk production start.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles