DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Satish Sharma

Country flag
SWiFT will be tested on various data points for another 2-3 years by which time the dry version of the Kaveri TF is expected to be ready & certified for going into the Ghatak.

In the meanwhile you need to complete the CDR of the Ghatak & approach the CCS for project approval & sanctioning of funds.

All this is expected to be completed by 2030 post which you can expect flight trials of the Ghatak to commence.
And how long it will take for cdr and also has pdr completed ?
2030 seems quite long timeline.
If fabrication is going I hope in 3-4 yrs it should be able to fly.
Anyways if cdr is not completed this is just hopium. And when will they complete cdr.
Even after cdr it will take 1 years to release funds.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
what would be the role of swift though purely isr or maybe some amount of droppable payload too and what powers that thing thats a question too (ptae-7 ?)
A Russian equivalent of manic engine. Which will be replaced by manic.
It will have int. Payload of 100kg. It can carry 2atgms.. it will be stealthy drone for Isr must needed capability.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
No clue. Logically it does have a role to play but we haven't seen any indications of it being more than a TD as of now. Perhaps in the next 2-3 years on successful completion of trials , it'd be designated as a project for which the usual SOP of CCS sanction & production will follow.
what would be the role of swift though purely isr or maybe some amount of droppable payload too and what powers that thing thats a question too (ptae-7 ?)
Mostly stealth isr as for Indications I remember the interview from aero India last one or the one before where they said they are looking to pitch Swift to Airforce and Alpha then reported last year that airforce has shown interest

Azaad

Country flag
And how long it will take for cdr and also has pdr completed ?
2030 seems quite long timeline.
If fabrication is going I hope in 3-4 yrs it should be able to fly.
Anyways if cdr is not completed this is just hopium. And when will they complete cdr.
Even after cdr it will take 1 years to release funds.
In any case the Ghatak was never expected to be inducted before 2035. The initial T/L was always running parallel with the AMCA. Don't worry too much about it. It's a force multiplier not a front line platform .

Our immediate concerns ought to be Mk-1a > Super Sukhoi upgrade > MRFA > Mk-2 > AMCA Mk-1 > TEDBF > Ghatak > AMCA Mk-2 in that order.

The upcoming JV for the 120 KN TF should be between Mk-1a & Super Sukhoi upgrade as far as our priority goes

Azaad

Country flag
no i meant the hale can drop glide bombs easily from 17km away if thats altitude which is mentioned then its okay
Has to be altitude given HALE / MALE easily carry > 500 kgs of munitions including PGMs. What good is a tracking system with a range of 17 kms unless of course it's still in TD stage where eventually the distance would be graduated upwards.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
So far how much tot has been done. And do we know what pakis have gotten ?
what he shared is critical info so % of tot wouldn't be known to us or rather shouldn't be known to us too but i guess something critical cause life imprisonment with 14 year of strict imprisonment seems critical enough for me at least

mokoman

Country flag

Satish Sharma

Country flag
what he shared is critical info so % of tot wouldn't be known to us or rather shouldn't be known to us too but i guess something critical cause life imprisonment with 14 year of strict imprisonment seems critical enough for me at least
I'm waiting Pakistanis to make there brahmos now.. they made Tomahawk but with far worse range than actual missile. And not as good as Tomahawk in terms of terrain hugging.
Even if pakis made mach 2 capable 200,300km missile it's over for us..china will be ready to help them. As they have already helped quite alot of times in missiles..

Chinmoy

Country flag
And if supposedly engine was ready then ghatak would have took around 2 years for FF. RIGHT. They should do initials testing with f404.
No. Ghatak is a Flying wing concept. Before full scale prototype flight, it would have to undergo numerous test flights on scale model.

Dry variant of Kaveri is supposed to be used in Ghatak. So if you want to do initial testing with F404, then you have to use a downrated version of that. So its not prudent to do that as it would increase the overall cost of the program.

rone

Country flag
the guy got fk**d because of his on greed and stupidity, he got coned by isi agent pretending talent hunter from reputed company, guy was talented but his own personal greed and blind trust on gora women leads to this, he was initially honey trapped but later got black mailed, even if he reported the blackmailing issue to counter intelligence cell he should have been saved ( slap on wrist becoz of his talents) but he became over confident and blind.

Blood+

Country flag

good news ive heard that many ships would house them in 2026 refit timeline either ways we are in need of a universal launcher asap (ps election days are plain boooring )
I hope they quad-pack or even octa-pack these missiles once the UVLS becomes ready for deployment. Heck, even the Barak-8s are slender enough for quad-packing if we go for slightly larger VLS cells (you kinda have to since the Brahmos is a thicc-ass missile).

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
I hope they quad-pack or even octa-pack these missiles once the UVLS becomes ready for deployment. Heck, even the Barak-8s are slender enough for quad-packing if we go for slightly larger VLS cells (you kinda have to since the Brahmos is a thicc-ass missile).
true right now they are dragging 16 missile 16 vls cells in ins rana but hopefully it house 32-48 for destroyer sized ship
regarding uvls brahmos itself is 8.4 frekkin meter long compared ti it vl-srsam is not even 4 m even its diameter is 180mm compared to brahmos's 670mm

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles