INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

sydsnyper

Country flag
Did the expo have any Trichy AR on showcase ? I was wondering what happened to the Trichy.

guys here is where the Anamtika lock in to cool down the hot barrel

that way even if gun fell on ground it wont fire the gun. BTW it has space to put in suppress. So this is modern firearm.

indiandefencefan

Country flag
The foreign tender was scrapped due to the army's unrealistic requirements and the high cost of the rifles they wanted.
Plus the rifles being tested also failed some tests as reported by IHS Janes.

The MSMC's first trial was held in 2006 and trials were supposed to be concluded by 2012.
It has been 9 years since the first trials.
Thus, the chances of MSMC actually coming to production are very very slim.

Hope this helps

WolfPack86

Country flag
we need made in India rifle. We need to upgrade excalibur rifle like US army upgrading m4 to m4a1 cabrine. When will DRDO MCIWS trials starts. Its seems better rifle.

WolfPack86

Country flag
yeah i think improving excalibur with adjustable butt, ambidextrous controls,picatinny rails etc. Excalibur rifles fired 24,000 rounds with only 2 stoppages it perform well better than foreign rifles. Lets give excalibur to indian army infantry and mciws to special forces because one cannot give entire army with multicalibur rifles. Besides excalibur cost 60,000 rs i do know cost of mciws. While it is possible to give mciws chambered .5.45 nato round to normal soldiers and give 7.62 soviet rounds to para commandos, rr, sff, ghatak commandos etc.

indiandefencefan

Country flag
New Excalibur rifle will be better than Soviet Aks or not?
It will be a significant improvement in terms of weight, range and customisablity as it is also a lot more ergonomic.

The only area the AK will surpass the excalibur will be reliability due to its unique internal design.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles