INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Ok, Wakanda sorcery is this?
View attachment 54255
What were they trying to achieve?
A desi De Lisle carbine.
It's a riot control gun,notice the notch on the barrel where a tear gas shell or other stuff could be mounted and launched by firing a blank round.

Alternatively you can also fire ;less lethal; bullets so yeah.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
It's a riot control gun,notice the notch on the barrel where a tear gas shell or other stuff could be mounted and launched by firing a blank round.

Alternatively you can also fire ;less lethal; bullets so yeah.
Okh, I thought they use standard cup launchers for tear gas shells.

Thanks btw.

vishnugupt

Country flag
This story has one big flaw and that is availability of AK rounds for American soldiers
USA manufactured AK ammunitions without any tag.
Since then ARs have evolved multifold and current rifles like SCAR H/L Sig 716 etc are prime e.g. of that.
[/QUOTE)

Nobody denying this and same applies for AK. But he was talking about AK vs AR-15

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Okh, I thought they use standard cup launchers for tear gas shells.

Thanks btw.
yeah they might be using cup launchers,am not sure as i've not seen that one

but one thing's sure with that notch on it that it can launch shells in one way or other (i.e. directly mounting special shells on it or via some launching tube/platform)

Lonewarrior

Country flag
How does the 303 used for firing across rope between 2 ships work? I have seen navy videos and the rifle used is the ishapore rifle
These SMLEs, called "line thrower" are slightly modified versions of standard SMLEs.
To be more precise, generally two modifications are done. First, the rifling is bored out to make it smoothbore. And second, the rear sight is modified for high angle fire.

The exact operation is as follows.
1. A blank cartridge is loaded.
2. A long rod like device is partially inserted in the muzzle with a long, thin paracord like rope tied to exposed end. This rope is called messenger line or pilot line.
3. The rifle is fired at a ship, at a very high angle. Pretty much like a mortar, 45°.
4. Once this tow line is secured, a typical thick rope is sent via this line.
5. Upon securing the rope, refuelling hoses or replenishment boxes are transferred from one ship to other.

Last edited:

Flying Dagger

Country flag
USA manufactured AK ammunitions without any tag.
They never issued their soldiers Ak rounds nor did they mass produced them. Now you are adding toppings on your story.

ARs have better accuracy range recoil handling and now they are much more reliable and we have a professional army to use it . There end your senseless point

aditya g

Country flag
These SMLEs, called "line thrower" are slightly modified versions of standard SMLEs.
To be more precise, generally two modifications are done. First, the rifling is bored out to make it smoothbore. And second, the rear sight is modified for high angle fire.

The exact operation is as follows.
1. A blank cartridge is loaded.
2. A long rod like device is partially inserted in the muzzle with a long, thin paracord like rope tied to exposed end. This rope is called messenger line or pilot line.
3. The rifle is fired at a ship, at a very high angle. Pretty much like a mortar, 45°.
4. Once this tow line is secured, a typical thick rope is sent via this line.
5. Upon securing the rope, refuelling hoses or replenishment boxes are transferred from one ship to other.
Thank you very much.

In my mind i can see scenes of sailors scrambling to catch the pilot line on the second ship. Like children running after a kati patang. :confused1:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles