INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

trackwhack

Small things happens, a small exhust pipe is blown up, Just like in your kitchen, Relax..

Next time a mouse died in captain`s cabin will be reported.. :D
:lol: Nice one chief, I was wondering what all the brouhaha was all about?

trackwhack

Can someone tell me if the 29K that the Russian Navy is getting has AESA. I was reading a comment on a youtube video of the Mig 29K and one of them said the Russian 29's are gonna be AESA radars.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
May be newer version of MIG-29K gets it..

IN can update if its available..

Adux

Country flag
Never been a fan of this investment, IN will have a lot of issues

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
A nice laugh at work then...? Oh you have to give it to tenacious Russian sales agents...:thumb:

Adux

Country flag

The WHITE ELEPHANT OF INDIA, the BIGGEST MISTAKE Indian Navy has EVER EVER MADE

Look at that piece of crap, heck, look at its island, looks as big as effin cruiser and it is in the middle of the damn runway, Look at the space between the island and the sides. WOW! What a humongous waste of money

pmaitra

No my friend, Russians are very reliable "friends." I'm sure they will deliver it in "due time" (their time)...:laugh:
This delay with Gorshkov has been too much! Let's get the Chinook instead. :p

I can see that the US arms peddlers are out in full force today. :lol:
You know, the Gorshkov isn't very nimble, so we should sink it already. :lol:

A nice laugh at work then...? Oh you have to give it to tenacious Russian sales agents...:thumb:
You are very observant, indeed!

trackwhack

Lets make these comparisons when the US is willing to sell us a carrier. The boat will carry 20 planes that will kick the Chicom ass until we have an indigenous fleet, thats all that matters.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
Lets make these comparisons when the US is willing to sell us a carrier. The boat will carry 20 planes that will kick the Chicom ass until we have an indigenous fleet, thats all that matters.
we bought more Mig 29's now get the gorshokov to India already.

pmaitra

I agree. Now that we got the MiG-29Ks, we have to get the Gorshkov/Vikramaditya.

On the other hand, there were lapses on the part of Russia in estimating the amount of repair/refurbishing, time, and cost needed. Bad press for them and loss of confidence.

plugwater

Look at that piece of crap, heck, look at its island, looks as big as effin cruiser and it is in the middle of the damn runway, Look at the space between the island and the sides. WOW! What a humongous waste of money
Thought the same thing.

Why is the command center so fvcking big ? Maybe they have a swimming pool inside it :p

And what is the tower like structure near the command center ?

Had they made the Island little bit center we could have runways on both side of Island!! First of its kind eh ? :pound:

arya

Country flag

you are wrong totally wrong but yes Russia are taking hell of time and they will not deliver till china AC will be ready

pmaitra

Thought the same thing.

Why is the command center so fvcking big ? Maybe they have a swimming pool inside it :p

And what is the tower like structure near the command center ?

Had they made the Island little bit center we could have runways on both side of Island!! First of its kind eh ? :pound:
They did not build the island in the centre. They built it exactly on the side. See the picture of the original Baku, rechristened Admiral Gorshkov. It was altered as per Indian requirements for conversion to INS Vikramaditya. So, no, the island was not built in the centre, rather, the deck was extended as an overhang.

Optical illusion. ;)

Another view of the overhang due to deck extension (in progress):

plugwater

They did not build the island in the centre. They built it exactly on the side. See the picture of the original Baku, rechristened Admiral Gorshkov. It was altered ac per Indian requirements for conversion to INS Vikramaditya. So, no, the island was not built in the centre, rather, the desk was extended as an overhang.

Optical illusion. ;)
I don't think IN asked for space!! I think they built that space to balance the AC so that i does not sink, they made the flight deck much bigger than it was before so they had to somehow balance it hence the extra space on the other side.

Regarding that tower i dont know why built it for!! They could easily install radars in island itself. But i think it also helps to keep AC floats since it was built in very end of AC.

Articles