Indian Special Forces

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
@Everyone
What was "that" image , that drew you into the Indian Special Forces space and started your cycle of suffering???

For me it was
View attachment 258527

As shameful as it may sound , at that time tavor was the sexiest thing i had ever seen .
Cant find that pic on net even after browsing 2 hours.Anyway will share some of the other pics which made me an SF wannabe
IMG_7301.jpeg

IMG_7322.jpeg

IMG_7320.jpeg

IMG_7319.jpeg

IMG_7316.jpeg

IMG_7317.jpeg

IMG_7318.jpeg

abingdonboy

Country flag
This post was trolled heavily back then in militaryphotos.net
Remember watching 26/11 coverage live on sky news UK and they had an ex-SAS guy on talking through the footage of what he saw all day. He was very impressed at NSG’s fast roping onto Nariman house, when this clip came on he said this must be a poorly trained local police unit- it couldn’t be the same guys that had been doing the assault- that has always stayed with me and the Jekyll/hyde nature of Indian military (one moment great things, the next complete mess) kind of sums up the bite experience.

+ he was very unimpressed with MARCOs doing the press conference in the middle of live ops.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Remember watching 26/11 coverage live on sky news UK and they had an ex-SAS guy on talking through the footage of what he saw all day. He was very impressed at NSG’s fast roping onto Nariman house, when this clip came on he said this must be a poorly trained local police unit- it couldn’t be the same guys that had been doing the assault- that has always stayed with me and the Jekyll/hyde nature of Indian military (one moment great things, the next complete mess) kind of sums up the bite experience.

+ he was very unimpressed with MARCOs doing the press conference in the middle of live ops.
I mean technically MARCOs were done with their side of the op, and someone was to address the media because no one else had any idea what was going on. I remember watching that interview of a MARCO who was the team leader of the Op and one of the guys in the press conference and he said he did'nt wanted to do it. It's also immature on the Indian media and the Maharastran Gov's part to hold a live press conference at that time. Both the coverage of the incidient and the ops done by our guys should have been reported once the op was over and situation cleared, I guess 26/11 was a lesson for us in every possible sense

Arad Operator

Country flag
I mean technically MARCOs were done with their side of the op, and someone was to address the media because no one else had any idea what was going on. I remember watching that interview of a MARCO who was the team leader of the Op and one of the guys in the press conference and he said he did'nt wanted to do it. It's also immature on the Indian media and the Maharastran Gov's part to hold a live press conference at that time. Both the coverage of the incidient and the ops done by our guys should have been reported once the op was over and situation cleared, I guess 26/11 was a lesson for us in every possible sense
MARCOs were called prematurely to hastily hand over the Op to NSG, the NSG chaps were getting their gears ready, setting up their snipers but in between MARCOs were called out giving the pigs a window to get out of sight. MARCOs had cornered the pigs and were requesting for NSG to take-over the Op from their last position!

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Old School MARCOS
1718763840651.jpeg

The old school guys had an IMSF shoulder tab, para wings, a white nameplate I guess and the iconic IMSF chest patch, their insginia at the time.
1718763856401.jpeg

Early 2000s in North Kashmir

1718763866883.jpeg

One of the frst batches of MARCOS, I think of them is a Veer Chakra from IPKF ops, the one who is sitting second, moving from right to left in the front row.

1718763882178.jpeg

This is IMSF training at Sarsawa, SG course, they used to do it before they had their own course

1718763905473.jpeg

With SEALs, dont know which team. At first I thought this pic might be a little embarrasingso I did not put it here, but the more you know....this is from an anual exercise in 2006-07 ig

Inmei se koi bhi pic reddit par mat dalna kamino

Jedi Operator

Country flag
MARCOs were called prematurely to hastily hand over the Op to NSG, the NSG chaps were getting their gears ready, setting up their snipers but in between MARCOs were called out giving the pigs a window to get out of sight. MARCOs had cornered the pigs and were requesting for NSG to take-over the Op from their last position!
the most disturbing part for me was that grenade scene. Vo grenade phat jata toh op subha 4 baje khatam hojata, na hi Praveen Teotia itna randi rona karta, na hi NSG ki zarurat padhti Taj mei atleast

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
the most disturbing part for me was that grenade scene. Vo grenade phat jata toh op subha 4 baje khatam hojata, na hi Praveen Teotia itna randi rona karta, na hi NSG ki zarurat padhti Taj mei atleast
Please elaborate.I don’t know the plot.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Please elaborate.I don’t know the plot.
Terrorists were in a dark room Marco's threw a nade but as always it's was shit like all other OFB nades (some say their nades were so bad Paras stopped carrying them in Ops later it was. Basically once out of blue moon they ever ignited) so if the nade was to go off the terrorists would have been done and dusted at that point itself but it didn't go off and Praveen Teotia got shot and injured. ( probably missing some details it's been a while)

six.point.eight

Terrorists were in a dark room Marco's threw a nade but as always it's was shit like all other OFB nades (some say their nades were so bad Paras stopped carrying them in Ops later it was. Basically once out of blue moon they ever ignited) so if the nade was to go off the terrorists would have been done and dusted at that point itself but it didn't go off and Praveen Teotia got shot and injured. ( probably missing some details it's been a while)
Has the quality of grenades improved over the years?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles